• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jake Locker

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Locker is going to have to come out strong Week 1 and never let up.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:clap:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:mad2:

So we shock the entire football world by using a #8 pick on Jake Locker and YEARS later we're finally starting to admit we mortgaged the franchise on this guy. I like Jake a lot and had very high hopes for this season after getting the big tackle and Sankey but it ain't happenin'. Damn I wish we had Bortles but we're obviously more than just a good QB away from winning a playoff game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[MEDIA=twitter]517364931604148225[/MEDIA]

:mad2:

So we shock the entire football world by using a #8 pick on Jake Locker and YEARS later we're finally starting to admit we mortgaged the franchise on this guy. I like Jake a lot and had very high hopes for this season after getting the big tackle and Sankey but it ain't happenin'. Damn I wish we had Bortles but we're obviously more than just a good QB away from winning a playoff game.

Well no shit at that tweet. I've said that from day 1. I've never been a fan of Locker. He was a reach and a project. And even if he shows flashes, he can't stay healthy long enough for it to matter. Plus, those flashes aren't anything special. It's more like a flash of "yeah, he can be a starter" than a flash of "WOW. Franchise QB for years!"

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B5FbUVmIQAASczw.jpg

:L

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things will get better in 2015 the main reason the team sucked so long is QB instability because of Jake Locker hard to win when your starter has trouble completing 50% of his passes and always injured. I didn't like the pick and thought they reached for Locker in 2011. Locker was 11-25 overall and threw 53TD and 35INT including barely completing 50% of his passes. One year at Washington the team went 0-11 and he completed 46% of his passes that is awful. Locker had pocket issues,accuracy trouble and injury woes and was a bust waiting to happen in my opinion.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker last year on 2014 had a 70 passer rating and a few games where he completed under 50% of his passes that is awful for a four year vet. In back to back games this season Locker completed 17 of 34 passes against Cincy and Dallas and was so bad even Troy Aikman one of the commentators was talking about how awful Locker was. Mettenberger in my opinion should've been made starter to begin the season after all Mettenberger led the NFL in passing during preseason and looked way better and more comfortable than Locker. Mettenberger going into his last game against N.Y. before getting injured lead all NFL rookie QB's with a QB rating of 95. Unfortunately Whisenhunt threw Mett out there with a crappy offensive line and hardly any protection and he got hurt. However Mettenberger played way better than Locker even though Mettenberger was a rookie and Locker was a four year vet and Mettenberger still had a way better passer rating i think it was 84 passer rating and Locker had a 70 rating.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things will get better in 2015 the main reason the team sucked so long is QB instability because of Jake Locker hard to win when your starter has trouble completing 50% of his passes and always injured. I didn't like the pick and thought they reached for Locker in 2011. Locker was 11-25 overall and threw 53TD and 35INT including barely completing 50% of his passes. One year at Washington the team went 0-11 and he completed 46% of his passes that is awful. Locker had pocket issues,accuracy trouble and injury woes and was a bust waiting to happen in my opinion.

The Titans (keep in mind, the NFL franchise who fucked the draft up worse than any other team in the league for the last 6-8 years) shocked the entire world by taking Locker with that #8 pick. Oh man, the players we could have gotten with that pick! :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker last year on 2014 had a 70 passer rating and a few games where he completed under 50% of his passes that is awful for a four year vet. In back to back games this season Locker completed 17 of 34 passes against Cincy and Dallas and was so bad even Troy Aikman one of the commentators was talking about how awful Locker was. Mettenberger in my opinion should've been made starter to begin the season after all Mettenberger led the NFL in passing during preseason and looked way better and more comfortable than Locker. Mettenberger going into his last game against N.Y. before getting injured lead all NFL rookie QB's with a QB rating of 95. Unfortunately Whisenhunt threw Mett out there with a crappy offensive line and hardly any protection and he got hurt. However Mettenberger played way better than Locker even though Mettenberger was a rookie and Locker was a four year vet and Mettenberger still had a way better passer rating i think it was 84 passer rating and Locker had a 70 rating.

They should have been all-in on Mettenberger from Week 1 in '14, '15 and '16. Built a solid line and run game around him and taken Leonard Williams with that top pick this year.

Every possible lousy decision they could make, they made. Now they've mortgaged the future of the franchise on the back of a college QB who isn't anywhere close to being as NFL-ready as Mettenberger is. Mariota is going to be running for his life. You think maybe JJ Watt is looking forward to playing the Titans this year to get a piece of the rookie?

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans (keep in mind, the NFL franchise who fucked the draft up worse than any other team in the league for the last 6-8 years) shocked the entire world by taking Locker with that #8 pick. Oh man, the players we could have gotten with that pick! :L

I can think of one i wanted that we could've had that is now the most dominant defensive player in football. Yep we could've had JJ Watt instead we reached for a damn QB that lost more games than he won in college and barely completed half his passes. I still shake my head over that.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have been all-in on Mettenberger from Week 1 in '14, '15 and '16. Built a solid line and run game around him and taken Leonard Williams with that top pick this year.

Every possible lousy decision they could make, they made. Now they've mortgaged the future of the franchise on the back of a college QB who isn't anywhere close to being as NFL-ready as Mettenberger is. Mariota is going to be running for his life. You think maybe JJ Watt is looking forward to playing the Titans this year to get a piece of the rookie?

I wanted Williams as well. Williams or trade for a bunch of extra picks. Too bad we aren't the GM's of this team,lol.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Williams as well. Williams or trade for a bunch of extra picks. Too bad we aren't the GM's of this team,lol.

And if we were, the Titans would be in better shape for it.