• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Official

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have the heart to crush yall's dreams in that CP3 and Chandler to GS thread but there was no way Paul was going to the Bay.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have the heart to crush yall's dreams in that CP3 and Chandler to GS thread but there was no way Paul was going to the Bay.

Oh, yeah. We knew. This is what we do every off-season. We're used to it. It may have seemed like we were optimistic about the Warriors' chances to land an impact player (and it would be more realistic if they amnestied Avi), but deep down anyone that has followed the Warriors for more than five years knew it would be business as usual. I'm not saying the new owners are as bad as Cohan. I'm saying that there is a stigma about the Dubs that needs to be changed around the league. I think LaGruber can get it done, and I'm not going anywhere. Who would I root for? The Anaheim Kings? Please. :roll:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh thought maybe you were going to say Warriors suck.

Right now they do. The Warriors are not a playoff team until they prove that they can be. The only improvements to the team from last season to this are the draft picks and Mark Jackson. I fully believe Jackson alone is worth 3 or 4 wins, but the players are going to have to change their games if this team is going to stop sucking.

We don't know what the draft picks can do, so we cannot judge them yet.

_avi_ Lee is going to have to play defense EVERY NIGHT, even if it means fewer touches on the ball.

Curry is going to have to play defense EVERY NIGHT and stop leaving the tough defensive assignments to Monta to handle. Steph - get the point every night regardless of who it is and do your job.

Monta is going to have to pass the ball more and find the open man - stop believing he can make every shot and start putting off his goals to get the team better shots.

Dorell Wright is going to have to stay focused and be content wit the fact that he is the team's 3rd or 4th scoring option on most nights. Lock down the opposing SF and be ready to hit mid-range and 3-point shots.

Andris Biedrins is going to have to get over himself and start playing like he is capable. He needs to be scoring 10, pulling down 15 boards and disrupting shots near the rim on a regular basis.

Epke uDoh is just going to have to keep doing what he's doing.

If each player does what is expected, I fully believe the Warriors can be as high as a 6-seed. But like doing a tune-up on your car, if you forget to straighten something out or replace a worn-out part, everything else that is done will be useless.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they do. The Warriors are not a playoff team until they prove that they can be. The only improvements to the team from last season to this are the draft picks and Mark Jackson. I fully believe Jackson alone is worth 3 or 4 wins, but the players are going to have to change their games if this team is going to stop sucking.

We don't know what the draft picks can do, so we cannot judge them yet.

_avi_ Lee is going to have to play defense EVERY NIGHT, even if it means fewer touches on the ball.

Curry is going to have to play defense EVERY NIGHT and stop leaving the tough defensive assignments to Monta to handle. Steph - get the point every night regardless of who it is and do your job.

Monta is going to have to pass the ball more and find the open man - stop believing he can make every shot and start putting off his goals to get the team better shots.

Dorell Wright is going to have to stay focused and be content wit the fact that he is the team's 3rd or 4th scoring option on most nights. Lock down the opposing SF and be ready to hit mid-range and 3-point shots.

Andris Biedrins is going to have to get over himself and start playing like he is capable. He needs to be scoring 10, pulling down 15 boards and disrupting shots near the rim on a regular basis.

Epke uDoh is just going to have to keep doing what he's doing.

If each player does what is expected, I fully believe the Warriors can be as high as a 6-seed. But like doing a tune-up on your car, if you forget to straighten something out or replace a worn-out part, everything else that is done will be useless.

Seriously, I'm not just following you around the internet, agreeing with everything you type, but this is an accurate portrait of my favorite basketball team. I'm happy about it, too, because though, they could finish ninth or tenth in the West. As you so eloquently stated, they could also finish sixth (though more likely 7th or 8th). Any prediction higher than that would make the saying "rose-tinted glasses" an understatement.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seriously, I'm not just following you around the internet, agreeing with everything you type, but this is an accurate portrait of my favorite basketball team. I'm happy about it, too, because though, they could finish ninth or tenth in the West. As you so eloquently stated, they could also finish sixth (though more likely 7th or 8th). Any prediction higher than that would make the saying "rose-tinted glasses" an understatement.

The check is in the mail my friend. Keep it up and you'll get a raise.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Send it to tzill. I'm one of his alts, too.

Why do I have to spread around my rep before I can give more to certain people? There are just not enough people worthy of rep. I do not want to waste it on undeserving people just to be able to give it to people who do deserve it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I have to spread around my rep before I can give more to certain people? There are just not enough people worthy of rep. I do not want to waste it on undeserving people just to be able to give it to people who do deserve it again.

You just destroyed the tenants of communism. So great in theory. So awful in practice.