• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It was Fun

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since WVU is a basketball school now, I bought season tickets to hoops this year for the first time. I must report that it was a fun season to watch.

I watched us play A&M on TV at the start of the season. Did not know that Macon left early. We have no inside game, Konate is good, but he gets too many fouls. I thought that it would be a very long season. We then went on a run. We did not play great BBall, but made the shots when we needed them and kept winning. I still did not hold up much hope for this team, but they kept climbing in the rankings. Konate suddenly became a force in the middle and was keeping himself from fouling out of games. I could see the potential.

The Virginia game made me think that this team was much better than the players. We took a lead and held it throughout the game. At the time, I did not think the win would be that big, but VA is at the top of the polls. WVU then rose to as high as #2 in the polls. This team was looking really special. Trey Young State came and Huggs taught the world how to stop the Frosh Phenom. Baylor came in next. We were flat, but JC made the big shot when we needed it and we won by 3.

We then went to Texas Tech. There the trouble began. After leading for a majority of the game with a double digit lead at times, we fell apart at the end. The key shots were not falling and this team showed their achillies heel...holding a lead at the end of the game. This came back to haunt us many times during the season.

Kansas came in looking venerable and we dominated them most of the game only do blow a double digit lead at the end of the game. Kentucky came in as the biggest OOC game on the schedule with Game Day in tow. We follow the script once again. Get a big lead, dominate for 35 minutes and fall apart at the end. That loss was the worst feeling of the season (so far).

The team developed a collective mental problem, lost leads and even lost to Oklahoma State at Home. Huggs was frustrated. I was frustrated. We go on the road against Kansas with a chance to tie them in the conference. 35 foul shots later another loss another blown double digit lead.

Iowa State came to town. We get a big lead and I'm worried. This time around, Huggs just has the guys keep playing no more taking 26 seconds off the clock followed by a desperation 3. We kept on the gas pedal and won kept the big lead.

Last night we ended with the team that started our skid. A depleted Texas Tech Team saw us open with 3 dunks and two 3 point shots. Up 16-0 before they scored a point. The first 5 minutes of that game was our best basketball of the season. JC and Dax put on a show senior night. They were even able to hold the lead while slowing down the game a the end. A 10 point victory and one more time singing Country Roads.

I paid $290 for my seats in section 201. Great view behind the basket. I could have more than doubled my money on these had I resold them. Traffic was never difficult and I did not have to go through any big snowstorms to see my mounties.

Looks like we end up second to Kansas in the conference. In no small part, we gave them the conference. This should have been our year to win it.

I look forward to see what type of fun this team makes in the Tournaments. They have the ability to beat anyone. JC is the beat defender ever at WVU. Konate will end up as the best shot blocker ever at WVU. Asa has turned into a dominating force and great scorer. When Dax is on, he is a really good player.

The key to going far will be Konate. If he can keep out of foul trouble, we are hard to stop. When he is not on the floor Bender and Routt do little more than take up space. What I think will kill us is our collective psyche of keeping a lead. One thing I have learned, nothing from this team will surprise me. We could be in the final 4 or we could not make it out of the first weekend.

I still miss Elijah Macon. He was and still is the missing piece on this team. Instead of singing country roads, he is dominating in the Kaczickstan league (or somewhere like that). I think had he stayed, this team would be conference champ and a #1 seed.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macon was going to have to sit for half the season like Esa... for the same reason as Esa.

He made the right decision for himself considering the NCAA punishment he would have faced. But, I agree with you... not having Macon... and Culver not qualifying... are hurting this team’s chances.

Sags has to stay on the court. And, our guards have to be excellent for this team do anything special.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping that later (guards getting hot) happens in the tourney.
Yea its asking alot of these guys but man if they can somehow do it... lookout.

I think the team is two games and done..at best .Just can't see them playing or shooting great within 48 hours of each game...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team is two games and done..at best .Just can't see them playing or shooting great within 48 hours of each game...

Yea Im kinda with you on that but then... we’re talkin youngins in a tournament in a screwball kind of year as far as the blue bloods not looking THAT blue bloodish.

Ive seen guard play take teams alot further than they prob should have went in the past so... maybe.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are 4-2 playing on Mondays, most within 48 hours of the last game.

Have some faith bro Dont be the basketball DAD

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was fun but the end is approaching. Elite 8 or bust. I hate lowering the bar, but to be honest, I see this team struggling to get out of the Round of 32, let alone the Sweet 16. But since some are demanding Excellence out of the football program, let’s not forget that some say we are a basketball ball school with our FHOF basketball coach. How we were all excited over that 15 game win streak. How the announcers yesterday said with all our pressing and shot blocking abilities, we can make it to the Final 4. Hot Damn, I just talked myself into a Final 4 appearance.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball schools are elite.

So... Elite 8 or bust for me.

Yesterday was a shitty performance. Let’s Go...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the seventh highest paid coach in the country, so why would we expect anything less than an elite eight?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the seventh highest paid coach in the country, so why would we expect anything less than an elite eight?

7th highest paid coach....why doesn't he recruit like one? Just talking out loud..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when WVU has a good or even great team, we can't buy a break. Look at the other regions and ours.....we have 1,2,3,5 seeds left in our region, including two of the years best teams!!! Kentucky is also a 5, left in their region is 5,7,9,11, UK always gets the luck!! Michigan is a 3, left in their region is 3,4,7,9.....Kansas region, they are a 1, left in their region is 1,2,5,11. Man, WVU NEVER gets the lucky break.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when WVU has a good or even great team, we can't buy a break. Look at the other regions and ours.....we have 1,2,3,5 seeds left in our region, including two of the years best teams!!! Kentucky is also a 5, left in their region is 5,7,9,11, UK always gets the luck!! Michigan is a 3, left in their region is 3,4,7,9.....Kansas region, they are a 1, left in their region is 1,2,5,11. Man, WVU NEVER gets the lucky break.

I like our chances against Villanova..Wv playing at its best matches up with their guards extremely well...but if they can't defend the 3 point line...could be a long night...

BTW the line moved down a half a point...money is starting to like the Hillbillies in this game..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances against Villanova..Wv playing at its best matches up with their guards extremely well...but if they can't defend the 3 point line...could be a long night...

BTW the line moved down a half a point...money is starting to like the Hillbillies in this game..
If we get back to the smothering defense we played prior to Ahmad's return, we stand a decent chance. but like you say, if they get hot from three and we can't defend, we could be blown out of the arena. Carter can't do it alone, and I think that we need to work the half court offense better, it is infuriating to see Dax throw up 25' bricks with 20 left on the shot clock.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go WV! I hope they can pull off the upset tomorrow. Always have liked the Mountaineers. And I've been a Coach Huggins fan for many year now. When he was the HC @ Akron U. I went to his summer camps in 7th & 8th grade.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get back to the smothering defense we played prior to Ahmad's return, we stand a decent chance. but like you say, if they get hot from three and we can't defend, we could be blown out of the arena. Carter can't do it alone, and I think that we need to work the half court offense better, it is infuriating to see Dax throw up 25' bricks with 20 left on the shot clock.

Hey if Dax has 8 points and the guy he is defending has the same...thats a win for Wv...