• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

isnt it great ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today we are talking about

our young cbs coming out

kai is clutch

colt is on a roll

murphy held his own

reed could be the next great TE

compton held his own

a robinson is becoming a force

instead of

rg3 is a cancer , shanny is a dick allen is a schmuck snyder is the devil our draft picks are busts and gruden is a schleprock

we get to enjoy a win and now dare we say we have a shot at 500 ? :suds:

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure Dad. It was quite the win that gives us a fresh outlook again

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it, dad...I for one (and, I bet the coaching staff and players think so as well) , think this team is better than their current 3-5 record with RG3 at the helm. The skins are a top 5 offense without RG3 at QB. IF he were healthy, what do you think they would be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is djax the first big time free agent that kicked butt for the skins

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is djax the first big time free agent that kicked butt for the skins
good point. garcon, hatcher, djax, big name free agents are working out for the skins? is this real life?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won. We have won two games in a row. And we are a top 5 offense and a top 15 defense statistically. I wont go into the what if this or that player was on the field, because I dont think we would be much better than we are. And I think its actually better for the team as a whole to win games and realize that we are actually better than just one player.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won. We have won two games in a row. And we are a top 5 offense and a top 15 defense statistically. I wont go into the what if this or that player was on the field, because I dont think we would be much better than we are. And I think its actually better for the team as a whole to win games and realize that we are actually better than just one player.
good, less pressure on our quarterbacks.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

our young cbs coming out

kai is clutch

colt is on a roll

murphy held his own

compton held his own

instead of

rg3 is a cancer , shanny is a dick allen is a schmuck snyder is the devil our draft picks are busts and gruden is a schleprock

What you've written is 100% true........for the easily distracted. Indeed it was a good win but as you've written elsewhere, it was ONLY one win. The victory sweet as it was still does not mean that this team has to overcome some major obstacles. Chief among them is figuring out a way to replace major pieces in the front office. What we do know is Bruce Allen is out of his depth as GM. What last night proved was the ability to overcome major deficiencies by scheme, nothing more. What we're still waiting for is major upgrades in talent that strengthens us by scheme and abilities.

Yes it's a feel good moment, but honestly, what's really changed? We still have major deficiencies, the front office was not left in Dallas, and the last time that I checked Dan Snyder still owns the team............Still Smiling?

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure feels good to beat Dallas on MNF, even 2 days later. But I gotta agree with Sty, our problems have not gone away just because we won a game in overtime.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to talk about my experience in Dallas but please bare with me as I tell a little story about my arrival...
I traveled to DFW from the state of WA to meet my Son who is active duty (USAF) at Holloman AFB. He turned 21 and I wanted to treat him to a memorable birthday. We met on Saturday once we arrived and I was excited as his Dad to buy him a beer and talk Redskins football. We ended up staying in Irving and ventured out to a local watering hole for a beer and pool. Fortunately for us, it was the establishments 10th anniversary and (4) local bands were performing that night. Awesome right? As the hours passed the place started filling up so we moved to the tables up front to watch the bands. By 10pm the place was crowed, smokey and the bands started playing. Low in behold, kids from the ages of 10-18 were either in the bar with parents playing pool or in band #2. I was just dumb founded that was even possible. Band #2 had a bass player who couldn't have been older than 12. Not being from that part of the country, I was in shock this was even possible. I told my Son we could have knocked this trip out years ago had we known. Lol!

On to the game... AT&T Stadium (1st visit) was everything I thought it would be and more. Great stadium feel, great energy inside and what a spectacle of a building. Our seats were in section 123 of the West end zone. Normally you can't really get a feel for the team watching warm ups but we kept a close eye on Griffin's work out (He looks really good health wise) and we kept an eye on our punter and kicker. Of course I was getting a pretty good ribbing from Cowboy fans after watching Kai warm up. He was literally like 4-15 from beyond 40 yards warming up. At times he would just remove his helmet after every missed kick, shake his head in amazement and looked quite deflated. I have never seen anything like that before. As you know, warm ups mean nothing! One thing that bothered me was the fact that the replays were not shown on the big screen if it may benefit the visiting team until after either another play was starting or the official decision had already been made. Leaving the stadium after the win was no joy either. Many fights broke out as a few Skins fans rubbed it in however, not in a fashion that would warrant fist fighting or language I heard on the long walk back to the car. Being in Dallas, there were more Redskin fans than I had expected. Most traveled in from outside the area which was also surprising.

A lot of what is in this thread does pertain to the current state of the team however, internally, I just don't think you realize what this win meant to this group of players and coaches. No, they won't publicly come out and say it but the atmosphere and caliber of team they just beat explained the body language I saw once the clock reach 0.00. That place got really loud (not Century-Link loud) but it was very loud none the less.

McCoy played well but apprehensive. Early on it was as if he was playing not to make a mistake. He under threw a few balls one of which Jackson could have scored on and the interception which was poor. He also held on to a few balls he could have just thrown away to save a sack. One of the main things that bothered me was it seems the coaches are losing confidence in Morris. The fumble didn't help his cause but you can feel something isn't right here and it appears Gruden wants a back with a bit more burst. (Once we upgrade our right side). Silas Redd, need I say anymore?
We certainly were not getting preferential treatment from the officials on this night. A very clear facemask on Morris late was not called and I'm not sure how it was missed by what, 7 officials? Our defense played better than expected (nice to see Bowen back but he did much of nothing) but the blown assignments were alarming. How do you leave Witten and or Murray uncovered? I think everyone in the stadium must have know the late screen to Murray was coming but the Redskins defense which was really sad. Even after all the missed tackles, blown assignments, blitzes that were not effective, bad play calling and a dismal run game, top that off with 2 Dallas turnovers that were devastating to them, we still won.

I have to admit, being there felt like this win was more of Dallas not playing to their full potential, not taking advantage of WASH weakness (secondary) as I felt they should have thrown more deep balls especially late when we were bringing pressure with no safety help and the fact that they ran at will on our defense all game but didn't run the ball in OT. We have some very talented players on offense less the right side of our line and defensively, we have some guys to work with who stepped up Monday night.

All in all a great experience with my Son that we will never forget. HTTR!!!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we do know is Bruce Allen is out of his depth as GM. What we're still waiting for is major upgrades in talent that strengthens us by scheme and abilities.

Yes it's a feel good moment, but honestly, what's really changed? We still have major deficiencies, the front office was not left in Dallas, and the last time that I checked Dan Snyder still owns the team............Still Smiling?

We all assume that Allen only truly started making personnel decisions during the past offseason - correct? If so how can you make your claim about him? You can only go by the most recent draft & free agent pickups. Were they that bad? You also don't judge those type of pickups after one year - needs to be at least 2-3 years later.

The comment about Snyder is meaningless. People need to stop constantly bringing this up. He will be the owner for a long, long time - get over it already. What exactly has he done over the past few years that is that bad?

HTTR. Tell you what - I will enjoy the victory & worry about the other crap later Debbie Downer.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

our young cbs coming out

kai is clutch

colt is on a roll

murphy held his own

compton held his own

instead of

:agree::agree:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to talk about my experience in Dallas but please bare with me as I tell a little story about my arrival...

I have to admit, being there felt like this win was more of Dallas not playing to their full potential, not taking advantage of WASH weakness (secondary) as I felt they should have thrown more deep balls especially late when we were bringing pressure with no safety help and the fact that they ran at will on our defense all game but didn't run the ball in OT. We have some very talented players on offense less the right side of our line and defensively, we have some guys to work with who stepped up Monday night.

All in all a great experience with my Son that we will never forget. HTTR!!!

First I am glad you had a good visit with your son and got to see the Skins win.

Secondly I don't want to take anything away from the Redskins they played well, forced TOs etc. I agree that Dallas helped in the win. As the game went on they went away from what made them successful this year and tried to pass too much. The only thing our D did that worked against the run was cause a couple of TOs. Give Haz credit for going after them but that type of D is high risk, high reward. I don't think Dallas made the adjustments to take advantage of what Washington was doing.

On the other hand it was a good job by the young corners and I think the shock of the night to me was our blitzers being disciplined to not take a bad angle and let Romo spin out like he likes to do. That was excellent game planning by Haz and excellent execution.