• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Mike Glennon Playing Well Enough to Not Draft a Quarterback in 2014?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps my favorite of the rookie quarterbacks is the guy no one’s talking about. Down in Tampa Bay, in a post-MRSA (we hope), post-Josh Freeman world, Mike Glennon is actually putting together quite an impressive rookie season. You probably haven’t noticed — and I don’t blame you — but Glennon leads all rookies in TD-to-interception ratio (8:3), completion percentage and passer rating. He hasn’t thrown an interception in three games.

Glennon needs to put some muscle on that frame this offseason, but he’s sneakily more mobile than you’d expect. Against Seattle last weekend, he threw away a few passes that other rookies would have forced, and he showed a Peyton Manning-esque ability to avoid the sack. He’s not fast, no, but he’s crafty.

I wasn’t one in April, but four weeks into his time as the Bucs' starter, I’m becoming more and more a fan of Mike Glennon. Those expecting Tampa to use its expected Top-5 draft pick on a QB in 2014 may want to see how the season plays out first. They’re not losing because of their QB play and Glennon’s gotten better with every passing week. He’s playing far better now than Josh Freeman did in Weeks 1, 2 or 3. Mind you, he’s doing this with limited offensive weapons. No Doug Martin. No Mike Williams.

Watching that Seahawks-Buccaneers film, a lot of things popped off the screen. One is that Mike Glennon is, indeed, an NFL quarterback.

FoxSports.com

What do you guys think?

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know a lick about him when they drafted him. He has really impressed me. He is mimimizing the rookie mistakes (mostly staring down receivers and INTs).

Schiano said he has a reason for everything Glennon does including taking a sack late in the game. Not sure which one he is talking about (the one that almost ran the clock out at the end or one previous to that).

I am quite happy with what we have so far. Just need to get healthy...and make those FG.