• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it worth risking the future for a chance to win a superbowl?

Is it worth risking your team's future just to win a superbowl this year?

• Yes

• No

• Potato Salad and pork steaks

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as i like the Ram's making moves this offseason, it seems like we are tearing up our future by trading away all these draft selections. What if players start getting hurt? chemistry doesn't work? what if a key member dies? What if we do win the superbowl but we start sucking again next year like our last superbowl win?

I want good football year after year. not shitty for 20+ good one year and more shitty the rest of my life.

SOMEBODY WALK ME BACK FROM THIS LEDGE

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win a Lombardi in the next year or two while simultaneously finding their franchise quarterback it will all be worth it. If Goff is a stud for 10-12 years they'll most likely always have a chance.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win a Lombardi in the next year or two while simultaneously finding their franchise quarterback it will all be worth it. If Goff is a stud for 10-12 years they'll most likely always have a chance.

But even Packers fans should know by now that you have to support your qb with talent at other positions and keep that talent fresh if you wanna compete. Rogers has been better when there's talent around him to keep the defense off him

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But even Packers fans should know by now that you have to support your qb with talent at other positions and keep that talent fresh if you wanna compete. Rogers has been better when there's talent around him to keep the defense off him

Very true. My point was that if you have the qb you always give yourself a chance to begin with.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our future is bright, we are not going to have a 2nd rounder next year but we will have three 3rd rounders. Our core is not going to be dismantled, because he will have close to 100 million in cap, to go with 150 in cap in 2020. Not to mention, a franchise and transition tag if needed. Right now, I don't see anybody leaving. Free agents will want to come in, because of the city and a new culture, having a new stadium coming up also helps.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is worth the risk, even more so if we win it:) years of doing nothing gave us ZERO chance, it's at least nice to be in the mix!
New stadium and winning will attract good players, the only problem I see is we will attract ego type players that want to be around Hollywood to help their career after or even during their football career, I hate "look at me" type players?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these moves guaranteed a SB title, then yes, it is worth the risk.

However, nothing is guaranteed and they are taking big risks mortgaging the future with the early picks traded and the cheap contracts that come with those picks.

And, on top of that, they risk losing the players they've given up the picks for just like Watkins.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players that the Rams are importing are naturally gifted veterans with questionable character. An abundance of combustible characters could fuse and explode with powerful force or completely melt down. I give better odds to the latter.

If I was a Rams fan I'd be very disgruntled about giving away a first round pick for an average starting receiver with potentially only one year of service.

I can't shake the feeling that this Rams team is like the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles "Superteam" that started the season 4-8 [after everyone was so excited they signed Nnamdi Asomugha, Ronnie Brown and Vince Young].

Reactions: GNG

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players that the Rams are importing are naturally gifted veterans with questionable character. An abundance of combustible characters could fuse and explode with powerful force or completely melt down. I give better odds to the latter.

If I was a Rams fan I'd be very disgruntled about giving away a first round pick for an average starting receiver with potentially only one year of service.

I can't shake the feeling that this Rams team is like the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles "Superteam" that started the season 4-8 [after everyone was so excited they signed Nnamdi Asomugha, Ronnie Brown and Vince Young].

Everyone just on the dream team comparisons, without much real comparisons. Lets start with the Rams traded for All Pros and only signed Suh, Philly went on a free agency signing frenzy. Only two of those new Rams are over the age of 26.Rams have 14 pro bowls for their players, Eagles that year have a lot more players for less than half of the pro bowls at their time. Asomugha was their highlight and the only guy worth comparing on this group of new Rams, we got 3 Asomugha's. Where is that team's Wade Phillips, one of the best DC's to ever coach.

Its funny too, that we are led to believe since the Rams are taking a "similar" approach, they will fail like the Eagles or Redskins teams of past. So the only conclusion is the Rams will fail too, because nobody has every took someone's strategy and improved on it and found success like the GSOT from the Air Coryell.

Last edited:

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone just on the dream team comparisons, without much real comparisons. Lets start with the Rams traded for All Pros and only signed Suh, Philly went on a free agency signing frenzy. Only two of those new Rams are over the age of 26.Rams have 14 pro bowls for their players, Eagles that year have a lot more players for less than half of the pro bowls at their time. Asomugha was their highlight and the only guy worth comparing on this group of new Rams, we got 3 Asomugha's. Where is that team's Wade Phillips, one of the best DC's to ever coach.

The Eagles comparison was not intended to be player-for-player comparisons, but rather a potential expectation-versus-production comparison. That 2011 Eagles team looked to a lot of people like paper champions but they were never able to put it all together and things went completely the other way.

The Rams pumped several big-name combustible players into their roster whose previous teams thought they weren't worth the money and risks to retain. It's totally cool if you want to play the mental gymnastics fandom breakdowns of how you're convincing yourself these were good moves - I do that with my teams too - but as a neutral party I see a lot of red flags with the moves the Rams made this year.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles comparison was not intended to be player-for-player comparisons, but rather a potential expectation-versus-production comparison. That 2011 Eagles team looked to a lot of people like paper champions but they were never able to put it all together and things went completely the other way.

The Rams pumped several big-name combustible players into their roster whose previous teams thought they weren't worth the money and risks to retain. It's totally cool if you want to play the mental gymnastics fandom breakdowns of how you're convincing yourself these were good moves - I do that with my teams too - but as a neutral party I see a lot of red flags with the moves the Rams made this year.

I guess time will tell, this team has a chance to be great and underachieve. Should be fun to watch for either us Rams fans or other teams fans.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft picks, as we have unfortunately seen many times (especially first round picks) are DEFINITELY NOT ANY TYPE OF CERTAINTY.

The hopefulness of a draft pick is replaced with proven production and durability!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one intangible is McVay and Phillips. These guys know how to handle mercurial players and off-field issues. They have a system that took our team from the cellar to the top in ONE season. How many times have I bellyached about getting the people to do just that and those two have now done that? I wouldn't worry to badly about so-called mortgaging the future by giving away our number one this year.

The guy we got is going to fill a need. Some think he is better than Watkins and he isn't costing us an arm and a leg either. The Rams already want to extend his contract. That says they have been watching this guy for some time now.

We are going to get some great players with our fourth rounders and our sixth rounders as this player personnel department has been revamped from the drama queen days. We will also have 100 mil in cap space next year just in time to take care of AD and Gurley and be ready to handle Goff a year later if all works out as anticipated as Goff will be in year three of his rookie contract.

Things are looking really good for us on paper and after watching McVay for a season, I believe he will make good on his moves this off-season.

Finally, we ain't done. I expect to see Austin and Barron out the door on draft day to move up into the third or maybe even the second.

So before everyone starts walking towards the ledge, we will be alright. Afterall, we finished last season at 11-5. An upgrade may be 12-4 or even 13-3. If not and we build a powerhouse as a result, we are still in really good shape!!

Last edited:

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one intangible is McVay and Phillips. These guys know how to handle mercurial players and off-field issues. They have a system that took our team from the cellar to the top in ONE season. How many times have I bellyached about getting the people to do just that and those two have now done that? I wouldn't worry to badly about so-called mortgaging the future by giving away our number one this year.

The guy we got is going to fill a need. Some think he is better than Watkins and he isn't costing us an arm and a leg either. The Rams already want to extend his contract. That says they have been watching this guy for some time now.

We are going to get some great players with our fourth rounders and our sixth rounders as this player personnel department has been revamped from the drama queen days. We will also have 100 mil in cap space next year just in time to take care of AD and Gurley and be ready to handle Goff a year later if all works out as anticipated as Goff will be in year three of his rookie contract.

Things are looking really good for us on paper and after watching McVay for a season, I believe he will make good on his moves this off-season.

Finally, we ain't done. I expect to see Austin and Barron out the door on draft day to move up into the third or maybe even the second.

So before everyone starts walking towards the ledge, we will be alright. Afterall, we finished last season at 11-5. An upgrade may be 12-4 or even 13-3. If not and we build a powerhouse as a result, we are still in really good shape!!

The bolded is what I'd be hopeful for as a Rams fan. They are at least a step ahead of AZ, SF, and SEA. It's all on paper now though, so only time will tell.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the superbowl is the ultimate goal, you do whatever you can to win it, when you can win it

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have a few things going for us,

1. Big cap room 97 million in 2019 and 150 million in 2020
2. LA
3. New Stadium in 2020
4. Media Attention

Talib will be back next year at 8 million, Whitworth at 10.5, Brockers at 7.77

Withworth I can easily see helping out the team money wise, renegotiate his contract.

Austin renegotiated and now is on one year deal.

Peters 5th year option will be picked up for next season, so will Gurley's at around 9.5 million each.

Goff's 5th option will be picked up for 2020.

Now these core guys Goff, Gurley, Talib, Peters, Whitworth, Brockers will be back next year at 52.5 million assuming nobody renegotiates a new contract.

Which leaves Suh, Joyner, and Donald, among a few second tier players. Suh is most likely candidate to leave, money is the biggest factor to him. He doesn't give discounts. So he is one year player. Franchise tag for Donald would be around 20 million, if it comes to that. Joyner will most likely sign an extension, everyone is seeing how much safeties are worth now. So for some reason the Rams can't extend any of these 3 main guys, they will franchise Donald, let Suh walk and place transition tag on Joyner. Which they will have the cap space to do.

So we can stop with the Rams apocalypse.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been conditioned BattleLyon to always not trust this franchise because of all the years of promises and FAILURE!! Things are a changing and McVay and Phillips have got a very successful season!!