• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time to deal Dirk?

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought of Dirk playing for anyone but the Mavs is pretty disgusting, but after every plan Cuban had since busting up a Championship team has failed miserably, I think it may be in the best interest of Dirk and the club. There is virtually no chance the club wins a title before he's done, so why not give him a shot with a contender? He's shown he will take less money to win, so he would rework his deal to make any sign and trade work IMO. Maybe Dirk to Houston for Lin(money), Terrance Jones, Omer Asik and 3 number 1's. Houston would have a championship nucleus of Beverly, Harden, Dirk and Howard and the Mavs would have young players and picks to rebuild with, going into what's considered a great draft

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think trading Dirk would be a good idea just because Mavs fans went through an entire decade called the 90's which was a compete and utter nightmare. Nightmare! Never want to see that again. Without Dirk, there would just be no hope at all and a lot of empty seats at AA.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk is my all time favorite NBA player. I would be as interested in trading him to a contender so he can win another title or two as rebuilding the Mavs. Dirk could go to the right contender and instantly push them over the top. The one time he had a legit big man, Championship. Slide Dirk onto Houston or San Antonio or OKC, and they would be unstoppable

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk is one of my all time favorite players. It might make sense to trade him for both parties involved but it will probably never happen. Cuban is too loyal to Dirk and Dirk doesn't want to play anywhere else.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk is one of my all time favorite players. It might make sense to trade him for both parties involved but it will probably never happen. Cuban is too loyal to Dirk and Dirk doesn't want to play anywhere else.
Theres no doubt you're right, but I would have loved to have seen Dirk play alongside a great scorer, like a James or Bryant or KD. Whereas Pippen was a great wingman to Jordan, pairing Dirk with a truly great player like that would have been All Time. Dirk couldn't be guarded by one man in his prime, and even more important, he took the other teams most mobile big out of the paint. Pairing Dirk with one of these guys would have meant more rings than fingers

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no doubt you're right, but I would have loved to have seen Dirk play alongside a great scorer, like a James or Bryant or KD. Whereas Pippen was a great wingman to Jordan, pairing Dirk with a truly great player like that would have been All Time. Dirk couldn't be guarded by one man in his prime, and even more important, he took the other teams most mobile big out of the paint. Pairing Dirk with one of these guys would have meant more rings than fingers

As a Lakers fan and Kobe fan, I thought it was awesome that Kobe said Dirk is one of the only players that could've played in the Magic, Bird and Jordan era. Dirk gets respect from current players as one of the all time greats. If Dirk had had a Shaq or Pippen he would've hads my more rings. Cuban totally blew it when he let Tyson Chandler go, IMO.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him to Atlanta! Heck yeah!

TRADE HIM TO ATLANTA!

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes trade Dirk for a Tractor or a Trailer. :rollseyes:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Dirk and let him retire in Dallas

Put some solid defensive standouts around him and they'll contend again.

Pietrus, J. Richardson, Sanders, etc....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time to trade him was probably right after the championship. Might as well stick with him for now