• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Imagine if Kawhi's name were Russell Westbrook right about now...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trick is only smoke at night before bed, or when out at an event. People drink after work and at parties, what's the difference?

That's me. On work days, I only smoke when I get home and know I'm in for the night.

On my days off, I get any errands taken care of early and the rest of the day is a haze. lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post more @Kenny.

You're obviously smart since you like my comments.....tHoop would benefit from your wisdom.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post more @Kenny.

You're obviously smart since you like my comments.....tHoop would benefit from your wisdom.

And spend our final $49 Hoop cash. When you hit 0......you get a $200 Hoop welfare donation from tHoop bookie. You're never broke.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say you are RC Buford. Kawhi has said that he wants to be traded and preferably to the Lakers. You then start reaching out to teams that might be a good fit. You realize that you will need to inform any prospective trade partner about Kawhi's intentions.... eventually. But you really don't need to say anything until you are late in the game. And if all you are really looking to do is drive up the price to the Lakers, then you really don't say anything until you feel you got the most out of the Lakers. Perhaps you give the other teams one last chance to offer a counter-offer but let them know Kawhi's intentions.

Talk about creating bad blood.

So, the Spurs string a team along by letting them think that they have a shot at Kawhi re-signing with them...then when they feel they have driven up the cost for the Lakers sufficiently, tell them..."Oh, by the way, he's only re-signing with the Lakers, but thanks for helping us get more for him."

I can't imagine GM's would appreciate having their time wasted like that and it may make them less willing to deal with the Spurs in the future.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's me. On work days, I only smoke when I get home and know I'm in for the night.

On my days off, I get any errands taken care of early and the rest of the day is a haze. lol
My rule is no smoke until the kids are asleep, easy peasy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rule is no smoke until the kids are asleep, easy peasy.

That was my rule too when the kids were younger. Now, my son is 21, he's the youngest and smokes with me sometimes. lol

When the grandsons are spending the night, there is a very strictly enforced (by my wife lol) "no smoking until the grandsons are asleep" rule.

*Strictly enforced in the sense that we are both afraid to even try sneaking outside and smoking* lol

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post more @Kenny.

lol. I've been busy and haven't logged in, in a while. Hope you are doing well. I'm just out here lurking for now. You guys all the the trade angles covered.

And spend our final $49 Hoop cash. When you hit 0......you get a $200 Hoop welfare donation from tHoop bookie. You're never broke.

Never knew that. I'm still a noob. Guess I'll bet it all today.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I've been busy and haven't logged in, in a while. Hope you are doing well. I'm just out here lurking for now. You guys all the the trade angles covered.

Never knew that. I'm still a noob. Guess I'll bet it all today.

You're 2 years in, bud. Newb status only lasts a year.

The NFL game threads are always fun, feel free to stop in once football starts.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're 2 years in, bud. Newb status only lasts a year.

The NFL game threads are always fun, feel free to stop in once football starts.

Yeah, definitely waiting for FB to come back. I like baseball, but there's not much to talk about lol.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he sat out because he was pissed then it was a chickenshit move. If they screwed him over then he should want out. But going public with trade demands to a specific team is shitty any way you look at it. If he wants to play in LA he has that opportunity when his contract is over. The contract he signed.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my rule too when the kids were younger. Now, my son is 21, he's the youngest and smokes with me sometimes. lol

When the grandsons are spending the night, there is a very strictly enforced (by my wife lol) "no smoking until the grandsons are asleep" rule.

*Strictly enforced in the sense that we are both afraid to even try sneaking outside and smoking* lol

This thread took a turn.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM.

Franchises do what is in their best interest all the time.

Players can't?

That's exactly right. There's a reason they make millions and you and I don't, and more reasons than just one.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Give your preference to a team, but don't force them into a tough position where they have to take minimal value for you in return. It'd be nice if they have a clause in the next CBA that prevents a player from doing this; sort of a fine if you will.

Are the guys saying it at a press conference?

You want to punish them if someone else leaks it?

Also why would he want the team he wants to go to guy themselves to add him when he wants to go there anyway?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Kawhi choosing to sit out the season if he believes that his injury has not recovered. It's his body.
I have no problem with Kawhi being upset with the Spurs. In particular I understand him being upset at Manu and Parker for their comments. Players shouldn't call out other players like that publicly.
I have no problem with Kawhi wanted to play in LA.

Where I DO have a problem is with him making it public that he wants to leave and that he plans to sign with LA when his contract expires. That's shitty. It was shitty when George did as well.

The best laid plans of mice and men.