• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm so excited for the Apple Cup

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will start by saying, I have never really hated WSU particularly. Mostly because we're so much better at almost everything than WSU, there isn't much to hate. That being said, being a team in Washington I've always rooted for them when they're not playing UW and I'm really excited for what is happening in this state with football.

Seahawks are off to a slow start, but I'm still willing to take the over on their win total (think Vegas had it at 10 or something).

There's a strong possibility that both the Cougs and Huskies could be undefeated going into the Apple Cup. I'd honestly be surprised if the two teams combine for 3 losses or more by the time they play. This could shape up to be the best Apple Cup matchup in rivalry history, and I hope it does. Hell, the winner could decide the Pac-12 North champion.

I'm hoping the Cougs keep it up, but we have to all agree that this is a great year for football in our little state.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much in the same boat. In fact growing up in Spokane my family are all Cougar fans and I was more of a Cougar fan when I was younger up until I attended UW. I generally watch their games (unless UW is on at the same time) and I also like to see WSU win as long as they're not playing the Huskies.

That said I still hope the Huskies kick the shit out of the Cougars in the apple cup. But it would be really cool seeing the apple cup be for the North title again.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom was a husky and my step dad is a coug. I grew up in a split household like so many in our region. I've never hated the cougs and have always pulled for them when not playing UW, but only up to the point of not doing better either. :lol: As long as UW is top dawg I'm all good on them getting wins, but I've always also laughed whtn they coug it.

There have been spells before in the past where both were good and there was a lot on the line for the apple cup. The Price era was probably the pinnacle of that.

This week is a tough one. I really can't ever root for the ducks, but Oregon beating WSU would probably be better for us. Although WSU winning does help further that possible undefeated showdown. Winning such a game would also really get the attention of the playoff committee and probably a ton of potential recruits.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said this on the interweb, but I had a full ride to WSU from Erickson. My senior year of HS I bombed in second year of German, ( needed two years of foreign back then for Div I) anyways Erickson says no problem, we want you to head off to a JUCO get playing time and your AA..Okay no problem. First year in JUCO I blow my knee out, ( against Huskies JV) well Erickson bolts for Miami, and Price pulls my scholarship.... Well I'm pretty pissed rehab went well and I'm going into my second year at the JUCO, when low and behold WSU JV cmes to play us. Price actually shows up, and I have a great game, 4 sacks, two forced fumbles, and on the last fumble recovery I had I walk it right over to him and said, " you made a huge mistake!"