• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm going to be honest about Seattle

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington tickle-fight!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that later round picks are much less likely to hit, that doesn't mean that they won't.

When it is all said and done the Seahawks had 1 fewer pick in the first 4 rounds that most other teams. Certainly that hurts but it's not like the rest of their draft can't be productive because of that.

But you said that they didn't have a good draft which speaks to more than just missing their 2nd round draft pick.

A good draft is one in which you get 2 starter quality players out of it. A bad draft is one in which you get zero starter quality players out of it.

I also failed to respond to this part...

The Seahawks are returning at least 4 and perhaps 5 starters to their OL this year. The only new player slated to compete for a starting job is Fluker. If anything this is the most cohesive group the Seahawks will have had to start the season in several years. That doesn't mean it will be a good OL. That remains to be seen.
Are you considering Fant who missed the season and Odhiambo who missed half the season starters?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you considering Fant who missed the season and Odhiambo who missed half the season starters?

Nope. At least not necessarily

Duane Brown(LT) - Traded for last season
Ethan Pocic(LG) - Drafted last year
Justin Britt(C) - Drafted 4 years ago
DJ Fluker(RG) - New member of the unit.
Germain Ifedi(RT) - Drafted 2 years ago

So 4 of the 5 were on the team last year and started. IF Fant comes back and can be effective then he could potentially slot at RT and Ifedi would move inside to RG. I think that is unlikely but it is possible.

Odhiambo may or may not make the team.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. At least not necessarily

Duane Brown(LT) - Traded for last season (played 9 games) Vet
Ethan Pocic(LG) - Drafted last year (started 11 games)
Justin Britt(C) - Drafted 4 years ago (started 16 games and the anchor of this line going on 5 years)
DJ Fluker(RG) - New member of the unit.
Germain Ifedi(RT) - Drafted 2 years ago (played all 16 games)

So 4 of the 5 were on the team last year and started. IF Fant comes back and can be effective then he could potentially slot at RT and Ifedi would move inside to RG. I think that is unlikely but it is possible.

Odhiambo may or may not make the team.

Not as bad as I thought as far as games they played together. I just remember a revolving door. It seemed new guys were playing almost weekly.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True great coaches get the best out of players but if they can't make something out of nothing when the talent is not there. I put much more emphasis on the players than the oline coach. I've seen Oline coaches go from having highly ranked olines to some of the worst. They didn't all of sudden forget how to coach. They just have crap to work with. Our oline in 2015 particularly the first half of the season was as bad as anything Seattle ever fielded and that oline coach had previously coached highly ranked olines in Washington.

Exactly. There are great players that have overcome bad coaching and there have been good coaches that had to try and overcome a lack of talent. It is easier for the first one to work out. When you are working with an entire position group and have very little talent well good luck.

It's a double-edged sword guys. Talking of course about not only the coaches but the players too.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, all of those guys played in college in the past decade. USC is great at turning out QB's because Carson Palmer played there right?

As did Sanchez Leinart Cassel and now Darnold.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as bad as I thought as far as games they played together. I just remember a revolving door. It seemed new guys were playing almost weekly.

Well the Seahawks lost Fant before the season started and didn't really have a legitimate LT backup. So Odhiambo filled in horribly. Aboushi eventually played himself out of job with rookie Pocic taking over. Joeckel constantly was injured so LG was a turnstile.

Hopefully there is more consistency in the line this year. Bringing in Brown was a huge improvement.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Seahawks lost Fant before the season started and didn't really have a legitimate LT backup. So Odhiambo filled in horribly. Aboushi eventually played himself out of job with rookie Pocic taking over. Joeckel constantly was injured so LG was a turnstile.

Hopefully there is more consistency in the line this year. Bringing in Brown was a huge improvement.

As long as everybody (including Joeckel) can stay healthy our OL should be pretty good.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lQ0xrmQ.jpg