• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ian Poulter

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he did the showboating clown. On the final putt after Beau shit his pants, Poultry wasn't emotional....he was fucking posing for the "intensity" gif that he knew would be flying around the press this morning.

You mean you stayed around for the carnage?...I turned it...didn't want to see him celebrate, even though it was a good story....needing to win to get in the Masters and all.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Beau did anything but choke if you're referring to his bunker shot....yeah he clipped it too close and lost the tourney, but imo he was trying to get it close...to do that he almost had to carry the ball to the ridge and let it trickle down.
I don't know. He lost his driver on 18 twice in a row, really flubbed the second shot in the playoff and completely mangled his third. Maybe he didn't choke but it sure seemed like a different player than mid round.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a kid, he deserves a little slack.
Lots of players better than him have choked under pressure; Mickelson three times that I can think of in the U.S. Open and Colin Montgomery numerous times in the U.S. Open and other tournaments come to mind.
Not being hyper critical of Hossler but it seems like the pressure got to him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you've lost me. MY first post said I wanted Poulter to win and the second said he came through in the clutch when he had to. Can't, for the life of me, figure your confusion between the two posts.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was burning some nervous energy there, but it was awkward looking.
I felt bad for him but at some point you just hit the shot. Poulter was not going to 4-putt from where he was.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poultry can play some match play. Didn't watch the tourney this past weekend. Looking forward to some Augusta

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to speed.. No idea what happened, but Hossler is 23 years old and made Zero bogeys on sunday and 2 bogeys the entire tournament. Young kid and it was probably his first playoff so he got some experience.

I can guarantee you both he and Poultry were thinking about Augusta.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. He lost his driver on 18 twice in a row, really flubbed the second shot in the playoff and completely mangled his third. Maybe he didn't choke but it sure seemed like a different player than mid round.

18...that bunker got a ton of work for the week off the tee...I thought his approach from that bunker in regulation was a thing of beauty and the putt was perfect weight, just didn't come down for him...stayed high side.

The approach in the playoff...he hit the same tee shot, obviously not so good on the approach, but it was a tough shot...water left and the bunker short....that's why I though his approach in reg was so good.

He did catch the playoff approach shot heavy I thought, but the effort on the bunker shot was brave to try and fly it to the ridge.

Did he feel the pressure in the playoff...I think he did...but to me a choke for these players is missing a shot they would make 80-90% of the time in a tournament. From that greenside bunker I might give any pro a 35-40% shot to make par where that pin was on Sunday.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poultry can play some match play. Didn't watch the tourney this past weekend. Looking forward to some Augusta

Great story all around...played shitty on Thurs...lit it up on Fri and basically continued it on the weekend...withstood a pretty strong charge from the young Longhorn.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt bad for him but at some point you just hit the shot. Poulter was not going to 4-putt from where he was.

I actually came back and watched it on tape...I had flipped to the women's major as soon as he thinned it in the lake. That was the awkward part...everyone knew the tourney was over...just get it on and finish...probably was still in a bit of shock knowing he'd just lost the tourney.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you've lost me. MY first post said I wanted Poulter to win and the second said he came through in the clutch when he had to. Can't, for the life of me, figure your confusion between the two posts.

Just messin with you brother

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually don't root against guys but he's just such a douchebag and I was so hoping he put one in the water on that playoff hole.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18...that bunker got a ton of work for the week off the tee...I thought his approach from that bunker in regulation was a thing of beauty and the putt was perfect weight, just didn't come down for him...stayed high side.

The approach in the playoff...he hit the same tee shot, obviously not so good on the approach, but it was a tough shot...water left and the bunker short....that's why I though his approach in reg was so good.

He did catch the playoff approach shot heavy I thought, but the effort on the bunker shot was brave to try and fly it to the ridge.

Did he feel the pressure in the playoff...I think he did...but to me a choke for these players is missing a shot they would make 80-90% of the time in a tournament. From that greenside bunker I might give any pro a 35-40% shot to make par where that pin was on Sunday.
OK, but what percentage would you give a pro to make a 7 from that bunker which is what he made.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Sergio are the two RC guys that are easy to hate, but seeing how he got that weird fake invite to Augusta...I was kinda pulling for him as well and I rarely pull for golfers.

Beau put on a show though...that last putt on the 72nd just would not come down to the water as you would think it.
Why would you hate a competitor like Poulter?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually don't root against guys but he's just such a douchebag and I was so hoping he put one in the water on that playoff hole.
Why do you consider him a douchebag? Tiger is the real douchebag.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Beau did anything but choke if you're referring to his bunker shot....yeah he clipped it too close and lost the tourney, but imo he was trying to get it close...to do that he almost had to carry the ball to the ridge and let it trickle down.
Beau didn't choke in my opinion, Poulter was just tougher in the playoff.