• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Wonder What This Was For....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I saw on the field most of the season was embarrassing. Don't wanna see that again.
If you think a 13-3 season and having nothing to show for it is brutal & embarrassing, then buckle up & let us know when you lose the training wheels. You clearly have been spoiled by the Steelers' success and have never truly experienced embarrassment & failure.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be regressing, but he's the best player they have in the secondary.

I'd say Hilton is better than Joe Haden. How as fans are we okay with this? I see @Ewa PGH Fan say "but we won 13 games! How can you not be happy with that?" Because we didn't win a playoff game. We didn't beat the Patriots. We lost to the Bears. We almost lost to teams like the Colts, Browns (twice) and Packers (without Rodgers). We caused so many distractions within the organization. We don't have anything to show for it those 13 wins. We released James Harrison and then proceeded to talk shit about the guy like he isn't one of the best defensive players in Steelers history. We have to play the Jaguars but proceed to talk about the rematch against New England as if we already won the damn game. We played ourselves and the organization is playing you guys because you are just simply okay with the season last year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think a 13-3 season and having nothing to show for it is brutal & embarrassing, then buckle up & let us know when you lose the training wheels. You clearly have been spoiled by the Steelers' success and have never truly experienced embarrassment & failure.

I've been rooting for the Steelers since 1997. In that time, they've had 3 losing seasons, 12 playoff appearances in the last 17 years. I know heartache and I know success. What I also know is the difference between a great 13 win season and a bad 13 win season. I'm sorry but I will not think that last year was a success the way we played on the field and the way we acted off the field. It's not the worst season we've had, but it's one of the ugliest.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Hilton is better than Joe Haden. How as fans are we okay with this? I see @Ewa PGH Fan say "but we won 13 games! How can you not be happy with that?" Because we didn't win a playoff game. We didn't beat the Patriots. We lost to the Bears. We almost lost to teams like the Colts, Browns (twice) and Packers (without Rodgers). We caused so many distractions within the organization. We don't have anything to show for it those 13 wins. We released James Harrison and then proceeded to talk shit about the guy like he isn't one of the best defensive players in Steelers history. We have to play the Jaguars but proceed to talk about the rematch against New England as if we already won the damn game. We played ourselves and the organization is playing you guys because you are just simply okay with the season last year.
Again... Relax. If you went back & pointed out every single embarrassing thing that has happened over the last decade or more, you would realize that its business as usual. Sure it was a more drama-filled season than we're accustomed to, but you wouldn't be saying a damn thing about all this if they had won the superbowl. You should find solace in the fact that they were able to win 13 games amidst all the controversy, ugly or not. Ask yourself this...

In this perfect world scenario... if they had went 13-3 with zero drama, won against CHI & JAX in the reg season but lost to say BAL & KC, kept Harrison, dominated IND CLE (x2) & GB... would the playoff loss to JAX be any less brutal & embarrassing?

I get it, you're emotional, as we all were at one point, and we threw a lot of blame around when searching for answers. It's easier for the mind to accept a loss when you have somewhere to place blame. Those of us that are more accustomed to these failures are more adept to moving on.

Its time to get over it and move forward.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been rooting for the Steelers since 1997. In that time, they've had 3 losing seasons, 12 playoff appearances in the last 17 years. I know heartache and I know success. What I also know is the difference between a great 13 win season and a bad 13 win season. I'm sorry but I will not think that last year was a success the way we played on the field and the way we acted off the field. It's not the worst season we've had, but it's one of the ugliest.
You know nothing Jon Snow.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... Relax. If you went back & pointed out every single embarrassing thing that has happened over the last decade or more, you would realize that its business as usual. Sure it was a more drama-filled season than we're accustomed to, but you wouldn't be saying a damn thing about all this if they had won the superbowl. You should find solace in the fact that they were able to win 13 games amidst all the controversy, ugly or not. Ask yourself this...

In this perfect world scenario... if they had went 13-3 with zero drama, won against CHI & JAX in the reg season but lost to say BAL & KC, kept Harrison, dominated IND CLE (x2) & GB... would the playoff loss to JAX be any less brutal & embarrassing?

I get it, you're emotional, as we all were at one point, and we threw a lot of blame around when searching for answers. It's easier for the mind to accept a loss when you have somewhere to place blame. Those of us that are more accustomed to these failures are more adept to moving on.

Its time to get over it and move forward.

Had we went 13-3, no off the field drama, had not lost to Chicago but instead lost to, for instance, Baltimore, yes, this season would've been much better. The Jacksonville loss isn't bad because it was Jacksonville, it was bad because of HOW we lost. We got embarrassed plain and simple.

But that's the point I'm trying to make. We did have a shitload of off the field drama. We did lose to Chicago. We overlooked a team that kicked our ass 3 months earlier in a playoff game and lost to them again. It was an embarrassing 13 win season. In my book, it wasn't a good season. We will have to agree to disagree.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know nothing Jon Snow.
I never said I did know anything. Just letting you know that no, I haven't gone through very very hard times with this team. And like I said, I know this isn't the worst season but it sure is one of, is not the most, embarrassing I've watched.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had we went 13-3, no off the field drama, had not lost to Chicago but instead lost to, for instance, Baltimore, yes, this season would've been much better. The Jacksonville loss isn't bad because it was Jacksonville, it was bad because of HOW we lost. We got embarrassed plain and simple.

But that's the point I'm trying to make. We did have a shitload of off the field drama. We did lose to Chicago. We overlooked a team that kicked our ass 3 months earlier in a playoff game and lost to them again. It was an embarrassing 13 win season. In my book, it wasn't a good season. We will have to agree to disagree.
Oh no you didn't. Losing to Baltimore is never, EVER better.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. For the record, we all understand the points you are trying to make and all agree in some way or another.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hilton and Haden...different roles. If you're saying Hilton would be a better outside defender than Haden...I'm willing to take my chances with Haden in that spot. Hilton was a great find, but let's keep this in perspective here. Hilton is rarely ever being asked to defend the opposing teams WR1...he's getting the 3rd guy.

13 wins...IT was a hollow 13 win season man. The Steelers won 13 games last season because of WHO they played...the NFCN w/o Aaron Rodgers (1 playoff team) AFCS without the starting QB in HOU and IND (2 playoff teams). Aside from sweeping BAL and the DIV at large, it was not a good season, getting bounced in the DIV round pretty much killed the rest of it.

I get where you're coming from on a lot of the sideshow stuff...Harrison/Tomlin/Colbert, they all blew it imo.
How the players responded to Harrison's actions...I think you'd see the same thing in every locker room. The rest of the contract stuff...you don't like it (Bryant, Bell), but that's the business of the NFL. PIT is not immune to social media and the players of today...every team deals with that.

I'm not "okay" with the results of the season, and I would trust the players and coaches are even less "okay" with it, but I do realize now after the fact that maybe this team was not as talented as I thought initially.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A whole lot of door knob humping going on in here........

FFS.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there still an issue getting Bell to sign or is that not being discussed right now? I thought we would've had a deal done by now after the reworking of those contracts.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there still an issue getting Bell to sign or is that not being discussed right now? I thought we would've had a deal done by now after the reworking of those contracts.

I think the biggest thing that's out there right now...teams can start applying tags.

Deals like Bell and Cousins are looking for are probably not going to get done until March...don't rule out another tag, but everybody is talking nice about a long term deal...the rubber hits the road soon though.