• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just want to go on record...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good AAC program. Not saying they're trash, but find it funny that I saw a post somewhere criticizing Courtland Sutton because of the competition he played against while lauding Miller. Ummmm, they played in the same conference?

Anyway, It is relatively common for players at lesser programs to have inflated stats. But it is also not unheard of for them to succeed in the NFL. I guess my point is that thumping your chest over his dizzying stats at Memphis (and now thumping chest about the "greatness" that IS..... Memphis football... (LOL!!!) is a bit over the top here...

See, this is how I know that you have, for some reason, gone all starry-eyed over Miller and left common sense behind. No, they don't play the same position. Do you think they brought Allen Robinson in to be a decoy for Miller?

Remember, YOU are predicting Miller is going to be the "Greatest Bears' WR EVAH!!!!", well, that would require him to be the #1 WR on the field first, I would imagine... You don't think Robinson is going to take enough away to make your predictions virtually impossible? Or are you thinking that Trubs will be throwing 50 TDs a year or something?

No.... You haven't. Or are you LITERALLY saying, "Miller will break EVERY Chicago Bears' WR record"?

If so, that is the dumbest prediction in the history of predictions and I will GLADLY mortgage my future and take out the largest loan a bank will lend me to bet that you're wrong...

OR... You could clarify what you specifically mean. Season records? Career records? Which ones? Receptions? Yards? TDs? Snaps from scrimmage? First downs?

I mean c'mon. I know you're a bit more grounded than to make a wild and unattainable prediction like this.

See, this is how I know that you have, for some reason, gone all starry-eyed over Miller and left common sense behind. No, they don't play the same position. Do you think they brought Allen Robinson in to be a decoy for Miller?

I am so confused. This logic makes no sense.

You can look at the majority of WR's ever to come into the league. They didn't start out as the #1 target on the team in their rookie season.

- Moss started out behind Cris Carter. Was anybody questioning how high Moss's ceiling was because he was behind Carter?

- Was it thought that Jeffery's ENTIRE CAREER ceiling limited here because we had Marshall in 2012?

- Jerry Rice started his career behind Solomon AND Dwight Clark.

- Terrell Owens started out behind Jerry Rice and JJ Stokes

I just... I am so confused by the assertion that "How could Miller be our best WR ever if he's not IMMEDIATELY our most highly regarded target days after the draft?"

Say what? Lol. You've watched enough of this game to know the answer to that. Miller could easily outproduce AR in the future. I don't even understand how you could raise a counter to that. If he gets open more often than AR - He'll catch more balls, post more yardage... etc...

Good WR's play a decade in this league... but oops... Miller was drafted with another good WR on the team. So I guess there goes his hopes of ever being a star? :noidea:

You could clarify what you specifically mean. Season records? Career records? Which ones? Receptions? Yards? TDs? Snaps from scrimmage? First downs?

I said he'll leave here holding "most of our major WR records"... Think for a moment about what "major WR statistical categories" are. There's only a few.

As I said - People are going to think this is some outrageous, hyperbolic prediction for a career. However, especially in this day and age. Our receiving records are hardly impressive.

Yards - Johnny Morris 5,059
Receptions - Walter Payton 492
TD's - Ken Kavanaugh 50

I think Miller will make a multiple pro bowls, be regarded as one of the best WR's in the league and be the majority share holder of our receiving records. I made that pretty clear.

I saw a post somewhere criticizing Courtland Sutton because of the competition he played against while lauding Miller. Ummmm, they played in the same conference?

Well, it wasn't me. I think the AAC is a very good conference. One person engaging in cognitive dissonance isn't really relevant to that conversation. IMO

I guess my point is that thumping your chest over his dizzying stats at Memphis (and now thumping chest about the "greatness" that IS..... Memphis football... (LOL!!!) is a bit over the top here...

You are being dishonest now and this is starting to get old. I don't have time for this childish tactic.

First, you act like Memphis is some hapless shit dick football program. When they were ranked throughout Miller's playing career at the university. I merely point that out to you. Now, you're acting like I was calling the AAC the SEC/Big Ten by pointing out they have been a respected program - perennially getting recognized at the national level.

That's just shitty dude.

I also CLEARLY acknowledged that his competition wasn't at the top level of college football times in the OP. I also compared it to AB producing in the MAC.

However, many do consider there to be now "6 power conferences" in CFB and the AAC being that #6. In 2017, it faired better than the Big 12 in both the draft and season rankings.

I would love to continue the conversation with you, but stop being dishonest. Man up and actually debate my talking points. Don't piece together a strawman - because it's more convenient.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Payton

Somehow, I missed this - but it's worth replying to.

You don't think Robinson is going to take enough away to make your predictions virtually impossible? Or are you thinking that Trubs will be throwing 50 TDs a year or something?

You're really not using logic here. If AR goes for 1,000-1,200 and 7-10 TD's in a season. If Trubs just winds up being a 4,000 yards and 25-35 TD per year QB. That leaves 3k yards and 20-ish TD's on the board for other targets. lol

It's so fascinating to me that you think there's not room for two receivers producing at a high-level in 2018 NFL. It's also odd that it's a totally foreign concept to you that a rookie, over the span of a couple of years. Can move himself into equal footing or beyond a veteran on the pecking order of targets.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so confused. This logic makes no sense.

You can look at the majority of WR's ever to come into the league. They didn't start out as the #1 target on the team in their rookie season.

- Moss started out behind Cris Carter. Was anybody questioning how high Moss's ceiling was because he was behind Carter?

No.... He didn't.

rich said:
- Was it thought that Jeffery's ENTIRE CAREER ceiling limited here because we had Marshall in 2012?

I'll get right on looking for Jeffery's all time Bear's WR records.

rich said:
Jerry Rice started his career behind Solomon AND Dwight Clark.

But Solomon and Clark were not signed the year they drafted Rice.

rich said:
- Terrell Owens started out behind Jerry Rice and JJ Stokes

A better example. Your first decent example.

Okay, so you believe that A Rob is washed up at the ripe old age of 24? Taylor Gabriel? Trey Burton?

We have a BRAND NEW RECEIVING CORPS!!!! You think Miller is going to surpass all of them? Fine. It is why I am laughing at the assertion that Miller will be our "ALL TIME GREATEST STATISTICAL WR!!!!!". Too many mouths to feed dude, even if he is the second coming of Golden Richards.

rich said:
I just... I am so confused by the assertion that "How could Miller be our best WR ever if he's not IMMEDIATELY our most highly regarded target days after the draft?"

Nothing confusing about it. You've got serious wood for this guy and I simply don't see it. If healthy Allen Robinson is going to demand attention. I seriously don't see Miller as the Michael Irvin to Robinson's Alvin Harper if ya know what I mean....

rich said:
Say what? Lol. You've watched enough of this game to know the answer to that. Miller could easily outproduce AR in the future. I don't even understand how you could raise a counter to that. If he gets open more often than AR - He'll catch more balls, post more yardage... etc...

You don't think much of Robinson. That much is clear. Either that or you think Trubisky is going to be a 40-50 TD per year guy?

Rich said:
Good WR's play a decade in this league... but oops... Miller was drafted with another good WR on the team. So I guess there goes his hopes of ever being a star? :noidea:

"Possible"? Sure.... Okay.... Though of all the players I have seen enter Halas Hall, for someone to point at THIS guy and say, "I think he'll be the greatest Bear EVAH!!!" is borderline psychotic in my opinion. 'Tis why I didn't hesitate to call you on it. Sure buddy, what would you like to bet?

(And yes, before you blow a fucking gasket, I know you said "Best Bear WR"... )

rich said:
I said he'll leave here holding "most of our major WR records"... Think for a moment about what "major WR statistical categories" are. There's only a few.

Season? Career? How are we supposed to measure your accuracy when you throw a moving target out there?

rich said:
As I said - People are going to think this is some outrageous, hyperbolic prediction for a career. However, especially in this day and age. Our receiving records are hardly impressive.

Yards - Johnny Morris 5,059
Receptions - Walter Payton 492
TD's - Ken Kavanaugh 50

I think Miller will make a multiple pro bowls, be regarded as one of the best WR's in the league and be the majority share holder of our receiving records. I made that pretty clear.

And I think you read a few too many press clippings and are WAY off.

rich said:
You are being dishonest now and this is starting to get old. I don't have time for this childish tactic.

First, you act like Memphis is some hapless shit dick football program. When they were ranked throughout Miller's playing career at the university. I merely point that out to you. Now, you're acting like I was calling the AAC the SEC/Big Ten by pointing out they have been a respected program - perennially getting recognized at the national level.

That's just shitty dude.

I also CLEARLY acknowledged that his competition wasn't at the top level of college football times in the OP. I also compared it to AB producing in the MAC.

However, many do consider there to be now "6 power conferences" in CFB and the AAC being that #6. In 2017, it faired better than the Big 12 in both the draft and season rankings.

I would love to continue the conversation with you, but stop being dishonest. Man up and actually debate my talking points. Don't piece together a strawman - because it's more convenient.

Honestly dude, the only thing childish is your sudden man love for this guy. Memphis is a college football "whatever". Nobody cares about fucking Memphis. Doesn't mean a great football player can't come from that program. Not what I'm saying. But I am saying that plastering his dizzying stats from his career at Memphis doesn't impress me.

Would LOVE to hear more about the "Many" who consider the AAC as part of a "Power 6" Conferences. You literally pulled that one out of your ass. UCF deserved a chance in the college football playoff. THAT, is the closest anyone I have seen has said to labeling the AAC as anything close to the Power 5...

Anyway, if you're going to start with this shit and give me the "I don't have time for this" bullshit line, then don't respond. Clearly you do have time...

Really, I get it. You have a hard-on for Miller and think he's going to be the greatest. Apparently pointing out sticking points to your prediction of him being the "Greatest Bear WR of all time" is not allowed.

Enjoy watching your boy become a hall of famer. I'll be sitting over here in reality.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Payton

Somehow, I missed this - but it's worth replying to.

You don't think Robinson is going to take enough away to make your predictions virtually impossible? Or are you thinking that Trubs will be throwing 50 TDs a year or something?

You're really not using logic here. If AR goes for 1,000-1,200 and 7-10 TD's in a season. If Trubs just winds up being a 4,000 yards and 25-35 TD per year QB. That leaves 3k yards and 20-ish TD's on the board for other targets. lol

It's so fascinating to me that you think there's not room for two receivers producing at a high-level in 2018 NFL. It's also odd that it's a totally foreign concept to you that a rookie, over the span of a couple of years. Can move himself into equal footing or beyond a veteran on the pecking order of targets.

Were YOU not the one who took the time to point out that we signed Taylor Gabriel? Are we going to stop throwing to Howard and Cohen? What about Trey Burton?

What in the Kansas City film shows you the "Miller Role" in Nagy's offense. He isn't Tyreek Hill. He isn't Travis Kelce. So who IS he?

Seriously, tell me this... Who is the current NFL WR that you would equate Miller to? What do you see him becoming?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@richig07 Look man, I'm dropping out of this. I'm glad you're happy we got Miller. I honestly don't want to put myself in a position where I'm actively rooting against the guy just so I can say, "Ha Ha... You're wrong!". Kinda cuts against the entire reason we're here... :suds:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@richig07 Look man, I'm dropping out of this. I'm glad you're happy we got Miller. I honestly don't want to put myself in a position where I'm actively rooting against the guy just so I can say, "Ha Ha... You're wrong!". Kinda cuts against the entire reason we're here... :suds:
Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm glad to see responses like this. My personal philosophy is no matter how much I may be against drafting X or signing Z, once that player becomes a Bear, I become his biggest fan. He'll have to play his way out of favor to get me rooting for his departure. I was, shall we say, nonplussed when we traded our '19 2nd round pick to move up and take Miller. But that won't stop me from hoping this kid turns out to be a stud and I'll be rooting for him to be just that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who were your top 50 before last Sunday?

Top 50 overall on the draft board? Top 50 WR's all-time? In the NFL?

I'm just not quite sure what you are asking - that's all.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 50 overall on the draft board? Top 50 WR's all-time? In the NFL?

I'm just not quite sure what you are asking - that's all.

Top 50 most NFL ready WRs ever coming into the league. Where does Miller rank?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One seat left on the Packers Bandwagon. Your application is under advisement.
c53.gif

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One seat left on the Packers Bandwagon. Your application is under advisement.

Guessing there will be more available seats coming available on that bandwagon in the very near future.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 49 rec 927 yards
2. 35 rec 520 yards
3. 58 rec 780 yards
4. 69 rec 1313 yards
5. 21 rec 272 yards

Top receivers All-time rookie year

1. Jerry Rice
2. Terrell Owens
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Randy Moss
5. Isaac Bruce

Miller may develop into a great receiver, but it ain't gonna happen immediately. WRs and QBs need a couple of years to get to know each other.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 49 rec 927 yards
2. 35 rec 520 yards
3. 58 rec 780 yards
4. 69 rec 1313 yards
5. 21 rec 272 yards

Top receivers All-time rookie year

1. Jerry Rice
2. Terrell Owens
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Randy Moss
5. Isaac Bruce

Miller may develop into a great receiver, but it ain't gonna happen immediately. WRs and QBs need a couple of years to get to know each other.
:agree: I like the kid too but we may need patience.
Of the receivers he listed, Rice, Fitz and Moss were first round picks.
Bruce was a 2nd. And Owens, like Miller was a 3rd.
Few receivers come out of the gate and impress the first year - and that's just the first rounders.

I'm not being critical here. Just trying to be realistic.
Here's the complete list of rookie WR since 1990 who had 1000 yards or more in their rookie season:

rookie WR since 1990 with 1000 yards or more.png