• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just want to go on record...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said this in another thread. However, in 3-4 years - I want this to be easy to find.

Anthony Miller will be the best WR in the history of the Chicago Bears and leave here holding most (if not all) of our major receiving records. Which isn't a much bigger accomplishment than breaking our QB records, but I am more sold on this young man than any offensive skill player we've drafted in my lifetime.

He is one of the most NFL ready WR's that I have ever seen.

- He is a phenomenal route runner (on the entire route tree)

- He's only 5'11 but uses his body extremely well, in order to create the catch radius of a larger receiver

- He is extremely quick, a natural runner and fantastic after the catch

— Has speed to take screens and slants for six (big plays all over his film)

— Tracks the ball well down the field and can stretch vertically.

— Routes are crisp, tight and clean.

— Can shake defenders at the line of scrimmage and beat jams with moves.

— Former walk-on who coaches LOVE due to work ethic and competitiveness. HIs HC has said Miller is his favorite player he ever coached.

His measurables and body type are nearly identical to Antonio Brown (came out of the MAC). He utterly demolished his conference in college (conference USA), just as Brown did. This kid just dominates and I expect it to continue onto the pros. He has it all. You'd be able to knock him if he was just posting "good" numbers in that conference, but AVERAGING over 100 yards per game and putting up the TD numbers he did. I don't want to hear it.

Feel free to disagree, but you will look foolish when I bump this thread in a few years and he's one of the best WR's in football.

I don't think I have ever made a thread like this, just kissing the ass of a newly acquired/drafted player. However, I am completely smitten. Most I have ever liked a Bears draft pick from the get-go EVER.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Miller will be the best WR in the history of the Chicago Bears and leave here holding most (if not all) of our major receiving records.
Now that's one ballsy prediction there buddy. Whether it turns out to be true or not, I like when someone comes out with an in-your-face prediction. And for the record, I hope you are 100% correct.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets put it on the record rich said he likes Miller AFTER I did. Typical richi riding the genius's cock.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets put it on the record rich said he likes Miller AFTER I did. Typical richi riding the genius's cock.
:laugh: goddamn dude...
giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drops too many easy passes and then fumbles the ones he does catch. That has to change. Good luck Rich.

PS. Put me on record that Trubs makes him look great. But he'll never be a 1.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WeightyInfamousDeer-max-1mb.gif

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drops too many easy passes and then fumbles the ones he does catch. That has to change. Good luck Rich.

PS. Put me on record that Trubs makes him look great. But he'll never be a 1.
Do we have any numbers on this? I recall reading an analysis or two that referenced Miller's occasional drops. Don't recall anything specific about fumbles, altho you may have found something on that. With his mitt size, I have to think if he's dropping easy passes (and again the key would be the percentage of such), then it's a matter of focus and concentration. Maybe on some of those he was already thinking of busting a move once he caught the ball; maybe others he was hearing footsteps as the pass was coming in. It would be nice if we could get some perspective.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After researching him a bit, even though I didn’t like the pick initially, I think this miller guys is going to be good as well. Best bears wr ever? Possibly, but let’s start with being a solid 2 or slot wr first.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have any numbers on this? I recall reading an analysis or two that referenced Miller's occasional drops. Don't recall anything specific about fumbles, altho you may have found something on that. With his mitt size, I have to think if he's dropping easy passes (and again the key would be the percentage of such), then it's a matter of focus and concentration. Maybe on some of those he was already thinking of busting a move once he caught the ball; maybe others he was hearing footsteps as the pass was coming in. It would be nice if we could get some perspective.
No numbers I could find but bad blocking and too many drops and fumbles were his negatives on scouting reports. His positive's blew away his negs anyway. Rich is right he should be a good one. I don't think he will be as good as AJ BM or AR tho. But he could get the numbers Rich mention by the fact he is young and will have Trubs throwing to him. Something the others can't match, except for AR.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes those Memphis highlight reels...

Whatevs.

I think he'll be a decent WR, no more no less...

"All time best" would imply that you think he'll take over as the #1 WR over Allen Robinson? How do you figure? (Other than injury)...

But hey, you're throwing out some seriously broad strokes. How would you like to quantify your prediction?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes those Memphis highlight reels...

Whatevs.

I think he'll be a decent WR, no more no less...

"All time best" would imply that you think he'll take over as the #1 WR over Allen Robinson? How do you figure? (Other than injury)...

But hey, you're throwing out some seriously broad strokes. How would you like to quantify your prediction?

You act like Memphis is a D-III JUCO college. lol

Memphis was ranked in the country for nearly the duration of last season (2017). Finished ranked 25th. Ranked as high as 17th. Went to the Liberty Bowl. Took #6 UCF to the wire. In 2015 - they were ranked as high as 15th in the country. The year prior to that they finished 25th. Two of those three seasons saw double digit wins.

I am confused by this criticism. They're a very good football program.

"All time best" would imply that you think he'll take over as the #1 WR over Allen Robinson? How do you figure?

Seeing as they likely won't play the same position. I don't see how they are in direct competition with one another for snaps.

How would you like to quantify your prediction?

I think I did that plenty.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Memphis plays in the AAC - not conference USA. Duh... Brain fart.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like Memphis is a D-III JUCO college. lol

Memphis was ranked in the country for nearly the duration of last season (2017). Finished ranked 25th. Ranked as high as 17th. Went to the Liberty Bowl. Took #6 UCF to the wire. In 2015 - they were ranked as high as 15th in the country. The year prior to that they finished 25th. Two of those three seasons saw double digit wins.

I am confused by this criticism. They're a very good football program.

It is a good AAC program. Not saying they're trash, but find it funny that I saw a post somewhere criticizing Courtland Sutton because of the competition he played against while lauding Miller. Ummmm, they played in the same conference?

Anyway, It is relatively common for players at lesser programs to have inflated stats. But it is also not unheard of for them to succeed in the NFL. I guess my point is that thumping your chest over his dizzying stats at Memphis (and now thumping chest about the "greatness" that IS..... Memphis football... (LOL!!!) is a bit over the top here...

richig07[/quote said:
Seeing as they likely won't play the same position. I don't see how they are in direct competition with one another for snaps.

See, this is how I know that you have, for some reason, gone all starry-eyed over Miller and left common sense behind. No, they don't play the same position. Do you think they brought Allen Robinson in to be a decoy for Miller?

Remember, YOU are predicting Miller is going to be the "Greatest Bears' WR EVAH!!!!", well, that would require him to be the #1 WR on the field first, I would imagine... You don't think Robinson is going to take enough away to make your predictions virtually impossible? Or are you thinking that Trubs will be throwing 50 TDs a year or something?

Payton said:
How would you like to quantify your prediction?
richig07 said:
I think I did that plenty.

No.... You haven't. Or are you LITERALLY saying, "Miller will break EVERY Chicago Bears' WR record"?

If so, that is the dumbest prediction in the history of predictions and I will GLADLY mortgage my future and take out the largest loan a bank will lend me to bet that you're wrong...

OR... You could clarify what you specifically mean. Season records? Career records? Which ones? Receptions? Yards? TDs? Snaps from scrimmage? First downs?

I mean c'mon. I know you're a bit more grounded than to make a wild and unattainable prediction like this.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headline:

Packers draft 2 of Top 3 DBs to counteract Bears Drafting Miller

- The Onion

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headline:

Packers draft 2 of Top 3 DBs to counteract Bears Drafting Miller

- The Onion
You’ll feel like you drafted garbage when the bears torch your defense the next few years :D