• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't think Philly has worse fans than average, really

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how stupid this irresponsible statement is. @Rambulance joined the Hoop in 2014 and is talking about 2001. Sorry, Hoop wasn't here in 2001. Or are you still licking your ass over getting your balls handed to you when the Pats started their dynasty in 2001?? The "Greatest Show on Smurfs" haven't been back since their one year run in 2000. I assume you think they'll be relevant in 2018???
Yeah because sports boards on the inetnets didn't exsist before the Hoop

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is bull shit to even have to say that at this point. I was looking at places to bring my daughter to a Cowboy game and @ Philly was one of the better fits. There is no chance I am bringing her there. I'll go anywhere and root for my teams and wear anything and not even be the slightest bit concerned about the home fans for myself or with my group of friends as I know we won't be bothered, but I'm not bringing my 15 yo daughter with her Witten jersey to Philly for a game.

I've told this story before but I witnessed 4 grown men berating a 8-10 year old kid with a Santana moss jersey on calling him a fn faggot, pussy etc... while the "good" fans laughed and did nothing. It truly is ruled by miserable humans period. I went to every skins game there from 98-09 and I won't go back.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get a lot of heat for having an a-hole fan base. I do think there's some truth in the stereotype, but I think it's overblown. For example, the whole beer cans being thrown at Vikings fans/F-Millie (the 100 year old Vikings fan story from the playoffs last year) signs, were certainly examples of that stereotype of Eagles fans.

That said, I can admit my team has it's own issues with annoying fans. For one thing, we have an unusual number of homer fans who are overly optimistic about our Superbowl chances each year. Being optimistic and hopeful is fine, but anyone who has followed the Vikings for even a couple of decades should know better than to act like stuck up pricks going into a fresh season. We have yet to get that elusive Superbowl win, yet we have an overly large portion of fans who act like we've been in as many title games as New England in the past 20 years. It's annoying having to reel them back in at the start of each season and try to get them to calm down a bit and let them win something before we brag. Examples include the Vikings fans doing the SKOL chant on the Rocky steps before the NFC Championship game, when every reasonable Vikings fan should have known damn well that the media was wrong to call Philly the underdogs in that game (I feared that playoff matchup all season long, including after Wentz went down. I thought we were screwed the moment Julio dropped that game-winning TD pass to let Philly get past the divisional round). Or the epic fail that was the "Going to Miami" song in 1998.

I'm more than fine with giving one another a good ribbing as fans at times. But I'm not going to act like my team's fan base as a whole is above Philly's, because the truth is we have just as many annoying fans as they do.

Side note - can the regular season start already?! The wait is really starting to get to me.

Every team has a select fan base that go over the line.

Some teams have more such fans than others...the Eagles are one of those teams. Does your stadium require a jail on premises? Have your fans pelted Santa with snowballs and worse? Are opposing fans suggested to NOT wear your team's gear to the game?

Having sat in the 700 level at the old vet and personally witnessed this stuff...I wouldn't believe it otherwise. Now, Lincoln Financial is a new venue and maybe a few milder season ticket holders, but for the most part it's still not a stadium you want to bring your wife and kids to a game...even wearing Eagles gear, but most certainly if you're rooting for the other team and wearing their gear.

NYJ were bad, OAK was terrible, PHI was the worst that I've experienced.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has a select fan base that go over the line.

Some teams have more such fans than others...the Eagles are one of those teams. Does your stadium require a jail on premises? Have your fans pelted Santa with snowballs and worse? Are opposing fans suggested to NOT wear your team's gear to the game?

Having sat in the 700 level at the old vet and personally witnessed this stuff...I wouldn't believe it otherwise. Now, Lincoln Financial is a new venue and maybe a few milder season ticket holders, but for the most part it's still not a stadium you want to bring your wife and kids to a game...even wearing Eagles gear, but most certainly if you're rooting for the other team and wearing their gear.

NYJ were bad, OAK was terrible, PHI was the worst that I've experienced.

I agree with everything except the throwing snow balls at a drunk Santa. Given the circumstances it made sense. The rest is a bunch of idiots

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao!

Uhh... Yeah. It isn't a more unhinged Eagles fan than this :pound:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything except the throwing snow balls at a drunk Santa. Given the circumstances it made sense. The rest is a bunch of idiots

But still, he had on the Santa uni...the national media never exposed that he was drunk...lol. I worked with some fans that were regulars in the 700 level back in the day (that how I went to those games in the 700 level, when I got vendor tickets I had great seats) and one guy literally pulled a Jekyll and Hyde routine on game days. Nuts on Sundays...drove a forklift Mon-Fri.

If you remember the old Silo headquarters off Lindberg Blvd in southwest...I used to work there in the corporate office.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still, he had on the Santa uni...the national media never exposed that he was drunk...lol. I worked with some fans that were regulars in the 700 level back in the day (that how I went to those games in the 700 level, when I got vendor tickets I had great seats) and one guy literally pulled a Jekyll and Hyde routine on game days. Nuts on Sundays...drove a forklift Mon-Fri.

If you remember the old Silo headquarters off Lindberg Blvd in southwest...I used to work there in the corporate office.

I was so rarely in the SW section that I don’t remember it. I was way up in the NW section of Philly. The story was we didn’t win a game all season and won our second to last game. We played Buffalo and were winning and meant we lost the 1st pick and the rights to OJ Simpson. Everyone was furious and a drunk Santa was stumbling along the sidelines and we took our frustrations on him.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao!

Uhh... Yeah. It isn't a more unhinged Eagles fan than this :pound:

This dude is actually pretty funny. I think a lot of this is his way of making money with view but he is truly unhinged and I crack up every time I see one of his vids. I wonder if this dude still live at home with his mom LMAO.

On a side note every fan base has unhinged fans.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so rarely in the SW section that I don’t remember it. I was way up in the NW section of Philly. The story was we didn’t win a game all season and won our second to last game. We played Buffalo and were winning and meant we lost the 1st pick and the rights to OJ Simpson. Everyone was furious and a drunk Santa was stumbling along the sidelines and we took our frustrations on him.

False

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re a city of perennial losing so when they finally get a title they piss themselves and start eating horse feces.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how stupid this irresponsible statement is. @Rambulance joined the Hoop in 2014 and is talking about 2001. Sorry, Hoop wasn't here in 2001. Or are you still licking your ass over getting your balls handed to you when the Pats started their dynasty in 2001?? The "Greatest Show on Smurfs" haven't been back since their one year run in 2000. I assume you think they'll be relevant in 2018???

Yes, yes. The old "my rooting interest is more accomplished than yours, giving me the right to be a rotten asshole at every turn" defense. I was original Mouth Off/KFFL message board from 1998, but thank you for proving a point.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude is actually pretty funny. I think a lot of this is his way of making money with view but he is truly unhinged and I crack up every time I see one of his vids. I wonder if this dude still live at home with his mom LMAO.

I literally laughed out loud when that last guy said its not my fault! :pound:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally laughed out loud when that last guy said its not my fault! :pound:

I did too... I thought that shit was funny. On top of that he was not even in his own house. He broke someone else's shit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe me, I was like that a few months ago. Die hard fans getting teased by crap franchises have all been there.

Mental illness at it's finest...or is it at it's worst???

Lol come on. Thats mean as hell. Let the man live :pound:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol come on. Thats mean as hell. Let the man live :pound:

I have seen a few of this guys vids and he is truly unhinged....LOL. As an Eagles fan even I cringe.

However he is not alone. Every fan base has a few whacko's....lol. Check out this vid of a fan destroying his house.