• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can't fuggin sprint.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L3 button on my controller is fucking up.

I click it down and it will start to run for a second but then it stops. Sometimes it doesn't even work at all.

No idea wtf to do about it. Somebody told me to take it apart and clean it w/ rubbing alcohol. :noidea:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Take it apart.

It might be sticking, or it might just be out of line.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Take it apart.

It might be sticking, or it might just be out of line.

Have you done this kinda thing before? I'm just asking because I've taken ps3 controllers apart and put 'em back together. It's tedious, and there's a small chance you can completely fuck up the controller permanently.

The dude I talked to said it's probably some gunk built up on the button contact surface area or possibly grease and rubbing alcohol might help clear it out...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it worked. Shit got real for a minute. I accidentally pulled off one of the bumpers and apparently you have like a 5 percent chance of actually re-attaching it w/ out professional help. I got it back on n' I cleaned the whole controller w/ rubbing alcohol. Worked perfectly for a couple mins so I'm just gonna let it charge and see how it goes in 20 mins

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit.....sorry I didn't see you responded to me Brasky. I have taken apart an xbox controller before. Any time you take apart anything like that you have to really take a good picture of where everything is.

Shit builds up all the time in controllers and it sounds like you did exactly what you should have done.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you done this kinda thing before? I'm just asking because I've taken ps3 controllers apart and put 'em back together. It's tedious, and there's a small chance you can completely fuck up the controller permanently.

The dude I talked to said it's probably some gunk built up on the button contact surface area or possibly grease and rubbing alcohol might help clear it out...

I've taken a few apart and got them to work...the L1,L2, R1 and R2 buttons are a bitch to get back on and function properly...I took a whole ps3 apart when I got the ylod and got it working for about a few weeks, then it fucked up again and I tossed it in the trash

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've taken a few apart and got them to work...the L1,L2, R1 and R2 buttons are a bitch to get back on and function properly...I took a whole ps3 apart when I got the ylod and got it working for about a few weeks, then it fucked up again and I tossed it in the trash

Ours got the YLOD a few years ago. It wouldn't turn on at all. My brother had to take a flathead and a hammer and beat the shit out of it just to get our game out.