• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I agree

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fine with all 5 being gone. The Colt rejects just need to leave. Disappointed with Cyrus and Mike G.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillislee got benched because he fumbled twice. BB hgas no patience with a RB who can't hold on to the rock.

Allen was a bust in Indy and he's been a bust in NE. Time to pack and open $%M in cap space.

C. Jones has never lived up to anything.

Dorsett hasn't been able to take that one step forward.

Roberts is a great run stopper, can't cover. The guy has no speed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillislee got benched because he fumbled twice. BB hgas no patience with a RB who can't hold on to the rock.

Allen was a bust in Indy and he's been a bust in NE. Time to pack and open $%M in cap space.

C. Jones has never lived up to anything.

Dorsett hasn't been able to take that one step forward.

Roberts is a great run stopper, can't cover. The guy has no speed.

Agree with all and they just drafted the rookie LB from Purdue Ja Whaun Bentley who is suppose to be run stopper extraordinaire, but same as Roberts can't cover a little bit.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Safety Richards to the list.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with all of these, but the one that I don't think will happen is Allen. Dude can block and the only way he is gone is if one of these FA knock him off, but that will be tough considering none of them can stay healthy. Sure, he might suck at catching, but he can block with the best of them, and when you already have 2 pass catching TE (Gronk, Hollister) you make room for him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with all of these, but the one that I don't think will happen is Allen. Dude can block and the only way he is gone is if one of these FA knock him off, but that will be tough considering none of them can stay healthy. Sure, he might suck at catching, but he can block with the best of them, and when you already have 2 pass catching TE (Gronk, Hollister) you make room for him.

BB like his players to have some versatility. Allen has little to none. Keeping a guy on the roster and paying him $6M to block is pretty filmsy. I would think you could find an OL who can play tackle and/or guard who could wear an 80's number and would block for the league min of $450K.
I'm pretty sure there are at least 300 former college TE's that could block for that same league min and catch a ball better than Allen.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB like his players to have some versatility. Allen has little to none. Keeping a guy on the roster and paying him $6M to block is pretty filmsy. I would think you could find an OL who can play tackle and/or guard who could wear an 80's number and would block for the league min of $450K.
I'm pretty sure there are at least 300 former college TE's that could block for that same league min and catch a ball better than Allen.

What might keep Allen here is if the new OT's are weak. Otherwise, he should go. I'd like to see Hollister 2ndyear effort.
(get him, Scar)

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we need to cut Allen??? He is making 5m and they are still under the cap. They have time to cut him without any consequences. If we haven't noticed by now, blocking TE are very important to this team. You have no idea what you are going to get out of any other TE on the roster besides Gronk. Right now, there is no reason to cut Allen at all. If they needed the cap space to sign someone else, I am sure they would do something about it. There are a handful of guys who I would cut before Allen. If Niklas can stay healthy, he is the perfect replacement for Allen, but right now, there is no reason at all to cut him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we need to cut Allen??? He is making 5m and they are still under the cap. They have time to cut him without any consequences. If we haven't noticed by now, blocking TE are very important to this team. You have no idea what you are going to get out of any other TE on the roster besides Gronk. Right now, there is no reason to cut Allen at all. If they needed the cap space to sign someone else, I am sure they would do something about it. There are a handful of guys who I would cut before Allen. If Niklas can stay healthy, he is the perfect replacement for Allen, but right now, there is no reason at all to cut him.

I would agree that we don't need to cut him now. Wait and see how the new Patriots do first, as I said above.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cfdbe3ba9f4d182296647764ebcda1c9.jpg