• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't underestimate Yankoff ... he's mobile and mobile QB's can make things happen.

I agree. Sirmon just seems to fit what Petersen wants to do with the offense more. If Yankoff were to win the job, we'd likely need to completely readjust the playbook in order to utilize his legs.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I'd be up for a bet on who gets the opening day start in '19. Just playing the odds.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm in Huckleberry!
OK, if Eason starts the first game that season you will be wearing a Seahawks avi for a week.

Maybe a Seahawk eating an Eagle? :noidea:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I'd be up for a bet on who gets the opening day start in '19. Just playing the odds.

I'm very confident that Eason will get the nod.

Not to take away anything from Sirmon or Yankoff, but Eason will have a lot more experience and in high school was higher rated than both of them. Starting as a true freshman in the SEC is not an easy thing to do. Given a few more years of development (which he will have), I assume a lot of his accuracy issues will be ironed out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very confident that Eason will get the nod.

Not to take away anything from Sirmon or Yankoff, but Eason will have a lot more experience and in high school was higher rated than both of them. Starting as a true freshman in the SEC is not an easy thing to do. Given a few more years of development (which he will have), I assume a lot of his accuracy issues will be ironed out.
Sirmon and Yankoff are both high value recruits to be sure and either one of them might pop and become the next best thing. But I'm right there with you. I'm just playing the odds and it's hard to knock a guy with his experience and maturity out unless he just flops.

The reason it's a sort of easy bet to make is Eason can't play a down this year because he has to sit out. So the staff cannot have any actual game situations to judge him on going into fall '19. And while one of the other two is likely going to be named the backup, either or both could end up red shirting and also not seeing a down and be held back for emergency injury time only.

So the winner of just that first game start going into '19 will be almost exclusively based on how they looked in practice, and oh by the way Eason has a full season of D1 starting elsewhere to also throw in and he wasn't terrible.

I wouldn't mind in the least if Yankoff came in and won it because it would mean he was just a crazy special QB and who wouldn't want that? I'm just playing the odds here.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking the Top 10 Freshmen for the 2018 College Football Season

9. Marquis Spiker, WR, Washington

1. Recruiting rundown: No. 9 WR | No. 59 OVR

Likely 2018 role: The most prolific receiver in California high school history, Marquis Spiker should be an important contributor right away. Washington lost key target Dante Pettis, and the offense needs another option behind Chico McClatcher and Aaron Fuller.

Long-term outlook: Spiker has the talent and opportunity to highlight UW's receiving corps for multiple years. And with Jake Browning returning in 2018 and Georgia transfer Jacob Eason eligible in 2019, Spiker shouldn't be limited by quarterback play, either.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cp4.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirmon and Yankoff are both high value recruits to be sure and either one of them might pop and become the next best thing. But I'm right there with you. I'm just playing the odds and it's hard to knock a guy with his experience and maturity out unless he just flops.

The reason it's a sort of easy bet to make is Eason can't play a down this year because he has to sit out. So the staff cannot have any actual game situations to judge him on going into fall '19. And while one of the other two is likely going to be named the backup, either or both could end up red shirting and also not seeing a down and be held back for emergency injury time only.

So the winner of just that first game start going into '19 will be almost exclusively based on how they looked in practice, and oh by the way Eason has a full season of D1 starting elsewhere to also throw in and he wasn't terrible.

I wouldn't mind in the least if Yankoff came in and won it because it would mean he was just a crazy special QB and who wouldn't want that? I'm just playing the odds here.

I think Yankoff is a real wildcard. He doesn't fit what we have as an offense, but he reminds me a lot of Colin Kaepernick (in a good way). Eason and Sirmon are traditional big armed QBs with good size. Yankoff has great size and is surprisingly fast and can make most of the throws you want a QB to make.

I look at Eason as a more polished and experienced version of Sirmon. Watched both of their film and they are very similar in a lot of ways, but Eason has SEC starting experience and practice experience after he was benched. In terms of development, Eason will be two years ahead of both Yankoff and Sirmon + an entire year's starting experience as a true freshman with Georgia.

It's a tough evaluation to make. I think the safest and best bet is to start Eason in 2019 then let Sirmon and Yankoff battle it out. All 3 are incredibly talented, it's nice that we have such a talented QB group that we can debate over who should start. I honestly feel bad for whoever is the odd man out because they all have great talent.

In the end, Jake Browning's replacement will be more than adequate, whoever it may be.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the possible 2019 starters, I think Yankoff is the most intriguing. He has game breaking ability with his legs. He just has to show that he can throw against D1 competition.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Yankoff is a real wildcard. He doesn't fit what we have as an offense, but he reminds me a lot of Colin Kaepernick (in a good way). Eason and Sirmon are traditional big armed QBs with good size. Yankoff has great size and is surprisingly fast and can make most of the throws you want a QB to make.

I look at Eason as a more polished and experienced version of Sirmon. Watched both of their film and they are very similar in a lot of ways, but Eason has SEC starting experience and practice experience after he was benched. In terms of development, Eason will be two years ahead of both Yankoff and Sirmon + an entire year's starting experience as a true freshman with Georgia.

It's a tough evaluation to make. I think the safest and best bet is to start Eason in 2019 then let Sirmon and Yankoff battle it out. All 3 are incredibly talented, it's nice that we have such a talented QB group that we can debate over who should start. I honestly feel bad for whoever is the odd man out because they all have great talent.

In the end, Jake Browning's replacement will be more than adequate, whoever it may be.

Okay I question Eason heart!
I have concerns when a kid bales on a school that he has dreamed about playing for so long, then when it comes to competition against Fromm he say's screw it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I question Eason heart!
I have concerns when a kid bales on a school that he has dreamed about playing for so long, then when it comes to competition against Fromm he say's screw it.
So that's your hang up on him?

If I was to have any reservation it is that he lost his job to a freshman at all, not that he then left when it appeared Fromm was going to continue to be the starter. By all accounts from everyone on that team, coaches and players alike, he handled it like a champ and was nothing but fully supportive and entirely engaged and took his role as backup seriously. I really don't know what more one could have expected to be honest.

I question a few things from him. Mostly in his decision making. I do not question his heart. Give some credit for a kid trying to blaze his own trail that took a huge plunge and went across the country about as far away from home as he could go to test whether he could play with the very top players in the highest rated league in college ball. He had an injury that gave time to a backup that turned out to be very special. And he went about leaving that school/team in about as dignified of a manner as is possible. None of their fans were trashing him AT ALL. That speaks volumes IMO.

Sirmon or Yankoff could end up passing him, but it won't be because of lack of effort or how devoted he is to the position and school.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hang up is when these kids get "bumped" out of the starter spots, there first response is to move on. Yes his on the field decision making can be up and down at times, ( kids with big arms have that tendency of misjudging the window of the pass) and I know Fromm is being hyped cause of the season he ended up having last year, but to just give up on a dream instead of competing for the job back, that red flags me.

Injuries happen all the time, players can get in a slump, ( who's to say Fromm play slides this year) perfect chances to regain the chance to start again and not give it up....