• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they don't call the game like they did vs SC a few years back. Washington needs to establish a running game and go from there. Auburn's DL is second only to Clemson which means get the run going first and after that use a few play action passes, short throws to the TE and some screen passes to slow down the rush.

I agree that the running game needs to be established and the Huskies have to try to find their offense through that route. Browning has had a tendency to panic and make poor decisions whenever he faces a team with a strong front 4 that is able to generate pressure without sending extra defenders.

Just flying cross country is my main concern which leads up to what you wrote. I was at the Rutgers game last year and despite the later start, they struggled for the better part of the game and that was against a bad Rutgers team. If they can with stand the 1st Q and be neck and neck and still be close coming out of halftime, then maybe the Huskies can steal a victory.

It's essentially an away game, which is another one of my concerns.

You speak only of the air game. My concern is actually the ground game, which in turn impacts the air game.

Auburn might have the best front 7 they will see all year. Sure, I like our experience on the O line, but this is a tall order.

TBH, I'm not sure how you couldn't be worried about a game of this magnitude right out of the gate all the way across the country in SEC land on national TV under a huge spotlight.

I like our secondary and I think they will have strong play at the LB level which helps against a big time returning QB for the tigers.

Also Malzahn hasn't had his team exactly dialed in coming out of the gate in recent years so maybe we have a slight edge there.

I'm just ready for it to get here more than worried.

Interesting thoughts on the ground game. Reason I brought up the passing attack is because in a close game like this, it could come down to who can move the ball down the field in the fourth quarter. Or if UW is behind on the road against a talented Auburn team, it'll be hard for us to catch up.

I have absolutely no concerns about the defense. I'm certain that the defense is what will keep us in the game, IMO it'll be if the offense and/or special teams that determines if we win or lose.

To add to your comments about the ground game, that's even more important in terms of keeping the defense off the field. We have an amazing defense, but there are only so many snaps you can take against a top 10 team and not start to get tired and make mistakes.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the running game needs to be established and the Huskies have to try to find their offense through that route. Browning has had a tendency to panic and make poor decisions whenever he faces a team with a strong front 4 that is able to generate pressure without sending extra defenders.

It's essentially an away game, which is another one of my concerns.

Interesting thoughts on the ground game. Reason I brought up the passing attack is because in a close game like this, it could come down to who can move the ball down the field in the fourth quarter. Or if UW is behind on the road against a talented Auburn team, it'll be hard for us to catch up.

I have absolutely no concerns about the defense. I'm certain that the defense is what will keep us in the game, IMO it'll be if the offense and/or special teams that determines if we win or lose.

To add to your comments about the ground game, that's even more important in terms of keeping the defense off the field. We have an amazing defense, but there are only so many snaps you can take against a top 10 team and not start to get tired and make mistakes.
Both teams have questions through the air and both are facing crazy pass defenses.

Auburn will be without two of their top experienced WR's, neither of which will be back from prior injuries for this game. They do have some talented freshmen coming in, but will Malzahn be bold enough to trot out freshman against that secondary for much of that game? They have a kid said to be as fast as Usain Bolt used to be at his age. And another that is 6'3" and a possession type of receiver, but will either of them see the field? Auburn is also breaking in more new pieces on their O line.

In short, the running game will be big for both. Both in terms of sustaining drives and at least not turning it over and creating major swings. Gus spoke to 247's Auburn rep the other day and remarked how impressed he was with UW's secondary and how few downfield passes are completed against that unit. Petersen won't be afraid to try shots if there are windows, but there may not be many. So both teams will likely have to live with dink and dunk type passing and whatever they can create with the run. If you can't run, you won't find success through the air in that type of game. If either DC senses weakness in the run they are going to pin their ears back and go after the QB's. Stidham is said to have a known weakness when pressured (sound familiar?) so that run game is KEY to moving the ball.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have questions through the air and both are facing crazy pass defenses.

Auburn will be without two of their top experienced WR's, neither of which will be back from prior injuries for this game. They do have some talented freshmen coming in, but will Malzahn be bold enough to trot out freshman against that secondary for much of that game? They have a kid said to be as fast as Usain Bolt used to be at his age. And another that is 6'3" and a possession type of receiver, but will either of them see the field? Auburn is also breaking in more new pieces on their O line.

In short, the running game will be big for both. Both in terms of sustaining drives and at least not turning it over and creating major swings. Gus spoke to 247's Auburn rep the other day and remarked how impressed he was with UW's secondary and how few downfield passes are completed against that unit. Petersen won't be afraid to try shots if there are windows, but there may not be many. So both teams will likely have to live with dink and dunk type passing and whatever they can create with the run. If you can't run, you won't find success through the air in that type of game. If either DC senses weakness in the run they are going to pin their ears back and go after the QB's. Stidham is said to have a known weakness when pressured (sound familiar?) so that run game is KEY to moving the ball.

It'll be an interesting and close game for sure. I agree with all of your points.

On paper I think UW could win this game, but I have my concerns. It's essentially a road game against an elite team. Based on the experiences we had with USC, Penn State and Alabama, I'm hesitant to indulge in optimism.

I do believe this will be Chris Petersen's most important game as coach of UW. Yes, the college football playoff, Fiesta Bowl and the PAC-12 championship do compare, but he has the best squad he has ever had at UW and this game could set the table for better or worse.

If the Huskies lose, the team can't lose concentration or focus. If we win, we can't be too cocky.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be an interesting and close game for sure. I agree with all of your points.

On paper I think UW could win this game, but I have my concerns. It's essentially a road game against an elite team. Based on the experiences we had with USC, Penn State and Alabama, I'm hesitant to indulge in optimism.

I do believe this will be Chris Petersen's most important game as coach of UW. Yes, the college football playoff, Fiesta Bowl and the PAC-12 championship do compare, but he has the best squad he has ever had at UW and this game could set the table for better or worse.

If the Huskies lose, the team can't lose concentration or focus. If we win, we can't be too cocky.
fwiw, the guy from 247 that covers Auburn said he's not expecting a packed house of Auburn fans for the game. Last two games there were losses, shitty parking, not nearly as good of a stadium as the other bigger venues, two hour drive to get there, and he had several other bad things to say about it. He can't stand it from a media standpoint so there's that.

And yes, this for sure has the potential for being the biggest game for him as our HC, but he has to go out and get a win. Just showing up and not looking bad isn't good enough at this point.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw, the guy from 247 that covers Auburn said he's not expecting a packed house of Auburn fans for the game. Last two games there were losses, shitty parking, not nearly as good of a stadium as the other bigger venues, two hour drive to get there, and he had several other bad things to say about it. He can't stand it from a media standpoint so there's that.

And yes, this for sure has the potential for being the biggest game for him as our HC, but he has to go out and get a win. Just showing up and not looking bad isn't good enough at this point.

I definitely believe it's going to be 60% Auburn fans at minimum. It's ridiculously expensive for us to go down to Atlanta for this game. Also, who the fuck wants to go to Atlanta?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ended up marrying don name's daughter.

he was a slinger.
10_f6eb2f4faeb1f55b52ac65bfab13dbef.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:herbie: with his 2c

He's the only one of their crew that has any affinity at all for the Pac12.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you listen to Powell’s morning show? I did this morning for the first time (for more than a few minutes) and god damn, listening to those two try to talk about college football is painful.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outrageous College Football Predictions for the 2018 Season

Washington wins the national championship

Chris Petersen has arguably his most talented team since taking over in Seattle. He'll have a veteran, star quarterback under center, and NFL running back in the backfield, a loaded offensive line full of upperclassmen and a defense that returns nine starters. When you factor in the manageable schedule, the Huskies will cruise into the playoff healthy and join three other teams that simply don't match up well win them.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you listen to Powell’s morning show? I did this morning for the first time (for more than a few minutes) and god damn, listening to those two try to talk about college football is painful.
What is Powell's?