• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a downer, but a substantial number of our current commits are 3* guys. I know that generally the 4 and 5 star guys commit later in the process, but I'm hoping that the rest of the class is more impressive than what we currently have.

I have absolutely no concern about Petersen's ability to recruit, I just would like to see us leverage our current success into bringing in guys that have the physical talent to compete against top programs.
There's at least three 3* commits imo that will move up to 4* status before early signing day. That and the kid from Vancouver is set to commit to UW after his summer camp at Washington and he's a 4*.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, it also appears as if we're in on a number of big prospects.

Really excited about Joe Ngata (WR, #75 overall prospect). His brother plays for UW and I think we're in a good position to land him. Watched some of his highlights and he is an absolute monster.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's at least three 3* commits imo that will move up to 4* status before early signing day. That and the kid from Vancouver is set to commit to UW after his summer camp at Washington and he's a 4*.

Yeah I think I saw you post something on Husky Nation or on here that we recently offered Darien Chase. Regarding the 3* guys becoming 4* players, I'm not sure. Looking at our current commit list, I think Kalelpo definitely will hit 4* status, but I'm unsure about the rest.

Also, do you know what position Chase is being recruited at? 247 has him listed as an athlete. I'm too lazy to do the research to find out where they want him.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think I saw you post something on Husky Nation or on here that we recently offered Darien Chase. Regarding the 3* guys becoming 4* players, I'm not sure. Looking at our current commit list, I think Kalelpo definitely will hit 4* status, but I'm unsure about the rest.

Also, do you know what position Chase is being recruited at? 247 has him listed as an athlete. I'm too lazy to do the research to find out where they want him.
Washington Huskies <--- expect a few or more commits after these camps. With all the press UW is getting about putting kids in the NFL, there's sure to be some decent ones by signing day.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Huskies <--- expect a few or more commits after these camps. With all the press UW is getting about putting kids in the NFL, there's sure to be some decent ones by signing day.

Good point.

When I was in HS I went to one of the camps hosted by UW football. Obviously I wasn't a serious consideration as a recruit, but it's a great time.

They get your height, weight, 40 time, vertical, and get to see you in drills. It's a great way to find local hidden gems.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they've added more camps now. I think there was only one when I signed up for it.
Petersen is big on these camps. It gives the staff a chance to evaluate the players and it's more or less a way for the staff to talk to some of these kids face to face.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen is big on these camps. It gives the staff a chance to evaluate the players and it's more or less a way for the staff to talk to some of these kids face to face.

It's also a really cool thing for the community. Allows kids the opportunity to be coached by some of the best coaches in the world and allows you to participate in activities that you would never get the opportunity to do unless you were an elite athlete.

I only briefly scrolled through it, but it doesn't look like they have camps for offensive or defensive linemen which is a bit of a shame.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a really cool thing for the community. Allows kids the opportunity to be coached by some of the best coaches in the world and allows you to participate in activities that you would never get the opportunity to do unless you were an elite athlete.

I only briefly scrolled through it, but it doesn't look like they have camps for offensive or defensive linemen which is a bit of a shame.
The Rising Stars camp is for all positions ...Henry B. .. the OL attended that last year.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says on the website it's only for skill positions. Perhaps you can still go and just say you play another position.
My bad ... its this one:

2018 Dirt Dawg Camp
For campers entering grades 9-12 as of Fall 2018

Calling all Dirt Dawgs! Come battle it out in the trenches of Husky Stadium! We recognize that it all starts up front with the linemen so we have developed this camp that will be centered around position specific drills and fundamentals. Campers will participate in heated one-on-one battles while receiving expert instruction and analysis from the University of Washington Football coaches and staff that have been in the trenches before. No pads are necessary for this camp.

Saturday, June 2, 2018
Camp Instruction: 5:00pm-8:00pm
Positions: OL, DL, DE/OLB
Cost: $30.00

An official camp T-shirt is included in the camp registration fee.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad ... its this one:

2018 Dirt Dawg Camp
For campers entering grades 9-12 as of Fall 2018

Calling all Dirt Dawgs! Come battle it out in the trenches of Husky Stadium! We recognize that it all starts up front with the linemen so we have developed this camp that will be centered around position specific drills and fundamentals. Campers will participate in heated one-on-one battles while receiving expert instruction and analysis from the University of Washington Football coaches and staff that have been in the trenches before. No pads are necessary for this camp.

Saturday, June 2, 2018
Camp Instruction: 5:00pm-8:00pm
Positions: OL, DL, DE/OLB
Cost: $30.00

An official camp T-shirt is included in the camp registration fee.

Ahhh, good eye. Must've missed that.

I know nowadays there is the popularity of the 7-on-7 drills. Probably why they're separating players now.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

When I was in HS I went to one of the camps hosted by UW football. Obviously I wasn't a serious consideration as a recruit, but it's a great time.

They get your height, weight, 40 time, vertical, and get to see you in drills. It's a great way to find local hidden gems.

Yeah that's my thoughts as I sign up my soon to be freshman Center