• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huggs pushes another one out...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was released yesterday that Bender has asked for a transfer.

I hate this aspect of the college game today. Huggs recruiting kids... then pushing them out the door...

Heard there will likely be another 1 or 2 players announcing their departure soon...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with todays kids, it is tough not just in bball, but in many sports. I agree that I hate to see a kid recruited play a year or two and transfer.

Bender saw his playing time drop significantly during the year. He was really only used when Sags was in foul trouble. Mid season, Huggs said there will be transfers and there have been. Hunter and Bender are expected. Hopefully Huggs can find replacements for them who spend less time warming the bench. With limited scholarships, I cannot lay too much blame on Huggs for cleaning up his roster. Both transfers could actuallymake this a better team next year. It leaves room to pick up other free agents. We did well with Hunter coming in last year.

So who is next? Dead weight is gone, everyone else on the roster should expect some significant PT.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCabe’s good friend... Emmit Matthews. Huggs made a trip out to visit him and his family last week. Apparently, they are looking at a grad transfer.

I’ve heard to expect another transfer... kid turning pro... or both... to be announced soon.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCabe’s good friend... Emmit Matthews. Huggs made a trip out to visit him and his family last week. Apparently, they are looking at a grad transfer.

I’ve heard to expect another transfer... kid turning pro... or both... to be announced soon.

Sags and Asa can make good money overseas if they don’t make the NBA. Williams did it two years ago and Macon did last year. Question is how much do they value school and getting a degree? Asa appears to be more into b-ball as he missed a semester for academic reasons. I don’t think he improves his stock much with another year in school. No surprise if he leaves.
Sags May have NBA potential. He needs more work on the offense. I think Huggs will run his offense around Sags next year and it will be a monster year for him. He can really improve his draft stock with another year. It could be devastating to next years team if he goes.

Sags was also key to our press last year. He made many great blocks when the press was beat. That will be hard to replace.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sags and Asa can make good money overseas if they don’t make the NBA. Williams did it two years ago and Macon did last year. Question is how much do they value school and getting a degree? Asa appears to be more into b-ball as he missed a semester for academic reasons. I don’t think he improves his stock much with another year in school. No surprise if he leaves.
Sags May have NBA potential. He needs more work on the offense. I think Huggs will run his offense around Sags next year and it will be a monster year for him. He can really improve his draft stock with another year. It could be devastating to next years team if he goes.

Sags was also key to our press last year. He made many great blocks when the press was beat. That will be hard to replace.

IMHO #50 is a lottery pic next year....