• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How WVU Silenced BU's Offense

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Picture: How West Virginia silenced Baylor's vaunted offense, more Week 8 | FOX Sports

Obviously this is not Casteel's Stack. I loved seeing our press coverage throughout the BU game. I cannot remember when I last saw it played so much... and so well.

Casteel stayed in zone coverage and played a lot of Cover 3.

Like I mentioned on another thread, I believe the success WVU's defense demonstrated against TT on their last few possessions set the gameplan for BU in motion.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Picture: How West Virginia silenced Baylor's vaunted offense, more Week 8 | FOX Sports

Obviously this is not Casteel's Stack. I loved seeing our press coverage throughout the BU game. I cannot remember when I last saw it played so much... and so well.

Casteel stayed in zone coverage and played a lot of Cover 3.

Like I mentioned on another thread, I believe the success WVU's defense demonstrated against TT on their last few possessions set the gameplan for BU in motion.

I've said it before...he will show a stack from time to time..but it really is more of a hybrid 3-4...single safety over top...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB I saw us come out on that first play(even though BU scored a TD) and told my wife "I think they are going to mix it up a lot, bring pressure this game" and boy did they do it...I am a fan of the 3-3-5 but always wondered why we did not explore some of the versatility of the formation. We always said we used it because we could get more athletic players with speed on the field yet we would just do the same thing over and over with those players and wonder why we never got to the QB. Since you have LB's and safety's these days not really differing in size and speed...mix it up confuse the offense and that is exactly what he did to a great offense. I loved watching this defense play Saturday, they were pumped and they brought it every snap....really great effort.