• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How well did your team recruit relative to the rest of your conference?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I see an Oregon senator publically ripping on Helfrich's 2015 recruiting efforts? The man pulled a top 15 class this year! It seemed like the main reason he was upset is they didn't get any Oregon kids, but give the man a break. There's not a huge talent pool to pull from in that state.

Yep you saw it right. It was ridiculous. Oregons govt is the worst in the union.

You been watching the news on the Governor and his out of the country wife right?

Embarrassing

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has limitations obviously. We all know what they are.

So this means they have a ceiling. They have been close or right at the top of that ceiling of late.

They could get to 8-12 at best one of these years if they could get some steals from SC.

We have to be very satisfied with a top 15 in reality. 16-22 is Oregons realistic range

Oregon is kind of the P5 version of Boise (and that's a compliment). They don't get a lot 4 and 5 star players, but they get guys that fit what they do, coach 'em up, plug 'em in and end up in or around the top 5 every year.

They may come up short in their NC aspirations, but I'd wager that there are about 100 cfb teams that would trade places with them in a heartbeat.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep you saw it right. It was ridiculous. Oregons govt is the worst in the union.

You been watching the news on the Governor and his out of the country wife right?

Embarrassing

I've been following it. They don't even know of his whereabouts at the moment, do they?

It's a mess and it is embarrassing. Listen, I love Oregon, have a ton of family there, and travel there frequently. It's a beautiful state, highly underrated. But it's also a complete trainwreck politically. Plenty of "free thinking," wacked out liberals ruining that state's economy. It's amazing it borders the state that I originally hail from in Idaho. Those two states are like night and day when it comes to politics, so incredibly different.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is kind of the P5 version of Boise (and that's a compliment). They don't get a lot 4 and 5 star players, but they get guys that fit what they do, coach 'em up, plug 'em in and end up in or around the top 5 every year.

They may come up short in their NC aspirations, but I'd wager that there are about 100 cfb teams that would trade places with them in a heartbeat.

Oh hell yes they'd trade with them. I wrote this on another thread. Seven top 10 finishes in a row with three different coaches. In four of the last five seasons they've finished in the top 5. Sure they don't have their title yet, but they need to believe and keep plugging. They'll get there. Every season 127 teams miss out on it. Only one gets to lift the trophy. It's so competitive out there. Winning a national championship is so hard to do. You have to be loaded, coached up, and very lucky, a lot of things have to go your way in order to get it done.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell yes they'd trade with them. I wrote this on another thread. Seven top 10 finishes in a row with three different coaches. In four of the last five seasons they've finished in the top 5. Sure they don't have their title yet, but they need to believe and keep plugging. They'll get there. Every season 127 teams miss out on it. Only one gets to lift the trophy. It's so competitive out there. Winning a national championship is so hard to do. You have to be loaded, coached up, and very lucky, a lot of things have to go your way in order to get it done.

Yep. That's why I don't give Oregon fans shit about not having won an NC yet. I think they'll get there eventually if they just keep doing what they do.

Even if they don't get an NC, maintaining top 5-10 finishes every season is a hell of an accomplishment. They've developed a formula/system that works very well for them and it's turned them into an elite program.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been following it. They don't even know of his whereabouts at the moment, do they?

It's a mess and it is embarrassing. Listen, I love Oregon, have a ton of family there, and travel there frequently. It's a beautiful state, highly underrated. But it's also a complete trainwreck politically. Plenty of "free thinking," wacked out liberals ruining that state's economy. It's amazing it borders the state that I originally hail from in Idaho. Those two states are like night and day when it comes to politics, so incredibly different.

That is what a big city will do man.

And I agree w/u

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I see an Oregon senator publically ripping on Helfrich's 2015 recruiting efforts? The man pulled a top 15 class this year! It seemed like the main reason he was upset is they didn't get any Oregon kids, but give the man a break. There's not a huge talent pool to pull from in that state.

This past recruiting cycle was definitely slim in Oregon. For the 2016 Cycle, there are 3 players on Oregon's radar. Brady Breeze is already committed. Offers have already been made to Cameron McCormick and Lamar Winston.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting Class Rankings are overrated. Oregon consistently recruits in the 15-25 range and has finished inside the Top 10 since 2008.

Yup...but in the interim only 20 teams have won a national title in the last 50 years and the only teams with multiple wins have coincidentally(or not) always had highly ranked recruiting classes.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true.

There have been a few teams in the last 10, 20 years that have got hot, and won a couple.

Texas won one and got to another in the past 9 years, that was our run. Cant compare to what Bama has done in that timeframe, which is truly rare. Nebraska, Miami, USC, OU and maybe a few others have had big runs. But it is not an easy thing to do to win it all.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd disagree somewhat with that statement. If what the Boise fan said above is true, for them to develop all those 2 and 3 star kids and put them into the NFL is actually quite impressive. They currently have 18 players in the NFL. I don't know how that compares to what other programs have done with 2 and 3 stars, but I'd guess it's pretty high up on the list.

The claim is they develop talent more and better than everyone else. There is no reason why any 2 or 3 star player can't make it to the NFL. The star rankings are only measures of how well they are right then out of highschool, they aren't NFL grades. Late growth spurts, etc. You often get 5 years with a 2 or 3 star player, and only 3 years with a 5 star.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right.

:lol:

You might want to tell the rest of the Michigan fans who can't wait until Harbaugh is able to recruit a full class. Apparently they didn't get your kool-aid memo.