• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much longer will we be forced to hear about Kaepernick not playing in the NFL?

How much longer will Kaepernick's 15 minutes go?

• The end of the 2018 season

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • The end of the 2019 season

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Longer than 2 more years

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Pasta salad

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep had the right to protest, and I support that and recognized the legitimacy of the underlying issue. But at this point I think refusing to promise not to kneel (which was apparently the issue with SEA) has become so ultra-polarizing it's just damaging the NFL's business model. And I wonder if that's now become his real focus.

That being said, the league opened themselves up for this when they decided to bring the players out for the anthem. Public shows of patriotism have a political component by nature, and the league should stay out of the politics business.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way we would stop hearing about Kaep is if a team signed him, let him stink up the joint in a nationally televised game, and then cut him. Because then everyone would remember he is not very good at football.

That said, I do think he is better than some NFL backups right now. The Texans last year started Tom Savage and yes, had TJ Yates on the roster.

This year their backup is Brandon Weeden. I think Kaepernick is better than Brandon Weeden. But he knelt! OMG!

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way we would stop hearing about Kaep is if a team signed him, let him stink up the joint in a nationally televised game, and then cut him. Because then everyone would remember he is not very good at football.
Yeah, I think another dose of 1-read-n-outta-pocket would refresh some memories.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give it another year or 2. So long as he vows to kneel, he'll never play in the NFL again. He's basically telling a team to damage their reputation just to sign him. Doesn't matter whether the team agrees with his stance or not, there is always going to be a fallout of some sort wherever he goes. As someone else said, basically damages your business model.

All the backlash you see from the current players doing it is only further hurting Kaepernick's chances.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep had the right to protest, and I support that and recognized the legitimacy of the underlying issue. But at this point I think refusing to promise not to kneel (which was apparently the issue with SEA) has become so ultra-polarizing it's just damaging the NFL's business model. And I wonder if that's now become his real focus.

That being said, the league opened themselves up for this when they decided to bring the players out for the anthem. Public shows of patriotism have a political component by nature, and the league should stay out of the politics business.

Yes, Keap had the right to protest. And the only thing his protest did was create more hatred and discontent.
If he was truly committed to his supposed cause he would have done something much more meaningful and heartfelt.

Maybe buy 400 dozen donuts and hold a meeting, a meet and eat of sorts, with cops and hoodlums to start a peaceful discussion on how communities can be brought back together.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If doesn't picked up by a team this year I doubt we hear from him again unless the lawsuit has some real blockbusters in it. Which I highly doubt.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year their backup is Brandon Weeden. I think Kaepernick is better than Brandon Weeden. But he knelt! OMG!

Kaepernick brings lots of headaches that those other do not bring.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess we would stop hearing about it when he plays in the NFL again.

I really only hear about him from people who are complaining about his protesting.

I guess every once in a while there is a team struggling to finda QB while he is just sitting there collecting dust.

The aniti-Kaeps tend to make it a bigger deal than anyone else.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take 2 tylenol and call me in the morning.

You can fix headaches, can't do a fucking thing about lack of talent.....
Kaep is not loaded with talent. He also brings a girlfriend who calls the owners slave owners. None of us will get a job if our GF calls the boss a slave owner.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is not loaded with talent. He also brings a girlfriend who calls the owners slave owners. None of us will get a job if our GF calls the boss a slave owner.

More talent than a lot of 2nd tier hacks currently employed and maybe more than a couple #1s.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More talent than a lot of 2nd tier hacks currently employed and maybe more than a couple #1s.
I'd agree that he has more talent than a couple back ups. Maybe not any starters. Perhaps though.
None of the others has the baggage he brings.
If he was a very talented QB, then maybe some would overlook a bit, but he is not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think another dose of 1-read-n-outta-pocket would refresh some memories.

Wait, are we talking about Kaep or Tyrod? Mariota? Some of this year's hot prospects, Mayfield and Jackson?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably until after he passes away

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, are we talking about Kaep or Tyrod? Mariota? Some of this year's hot prospects, Mayfield and Jackson?
I'd say at least a couple of those, yes. Let's face it, drafting QB's from now on is gonna be like roulette, as to which ones can make the transition from spread-n-run to pocket passers. I think it's one of the great challenges facing NFL's viewership, too, when Brady, Ben, AR-12 leave the game. I think they already took a hit when Manning retired.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree that he has more talent than a couple back ups. Maybe not any starters. Perhaps though.
None of the others has the baggage he brings.
If he was a very talented QB, then maybe some would overlook a bit, but he is not.

Baggage would last as long as it was allowed to. No longer.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never go away, someone in say; Denmark will stir up the commotion, his suit against the NFL will take years to wind thru the courts, and he really hasn't started the talk show circuit yet.

My question is" If he was so great,why did SF let him go?, they seemed OK with his antics,and locker room presence."

Same question applies to Eric Reid.