• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Many Legit Championships Has Lebron Won?

How Many Legit Championships Has Lebron Won?

• Total voters

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

How much does Ray Allens' 3 mean if Lebron doesnt go for 38 points and 18 rebounds that night?

or average about 35 points in that series?

Yeah, it was all Ray Allen

3 points... Simple :dhd:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it's a team game, but Jordan would't let his teams lose 5 times in the finals, he just wouldn't, because he's the better player, PERIOD...

At the same time, Michael couldn't get his team past the conference finals (or worse) in 9 of his 15 seasons.

I love the logic used by some on this board - apparently it's more impressive to not make the finals than lose in the finals because the finals record isn't hurt if you don't make the finals. If Lebron were 3-1 in the finals as opposed to 3-5, his legacy isn't any better since when you think about it, he got to the finals less with the 3-1 record and didn't win any more.

I definitely think using championships as the barometer has merit (and I do think MJ > Lebron), but I don't see the logic of placing heavy emphasis on finals losses, because it tends to give the impression that making the finals and losing is better worse than not making the finals at all.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time, Michael couldn't get his team past the conference finals (or worse) in 9 of his 15 seasons.

I love the logic used by some on this board - apparently it's more impressive to not make the finals than lose in the finals because the finals record isn't hurt if you don't make the finals.

I definitely think using championships as the barometer has merit (and I do think MJ > Lebron), but I don't see the logic of placing heavy emphasis on finals losses, because it tends to give the impression that making the finals and losing is better worse than not making the finals at all.

That logic is hilarious. Amazing how stupid some on here are. It will always be better to make the finals instead of being eliminated prior to the finals

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That logic is hilarious. Amazing how stupid some on here are. It will always be better to make the finals instead of being eliminated prior to the finals

Exactly...being 3-1 in the finals isn't necessarily better than being 3-4 in the finals. Being 3-1 simply means that the player/team was eliminated earlier and made the finals 3x less.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I moved this shit show to fouled out.

Oh well, it's here now.

And for the record...Lebron has 3 legit championships.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the logic used by some on this board - apparently it's more impressive to not make the finals than lose in the finals because the finals record isn't hurt if you don't make the finals. If Lebron were 3-1 in the finals as opposed to 3-5, his legacy isn't any better since when you think about it, he got to the finals less with the 3-1 record and didn't win any more.

I do, Lebron has had chances to step up and lead his team to victories and he hasn't gotten it done, Jordan went Jedi so many times in the finals hitting game winner after game winner, leading his team, one time while sick to finals victories literally taking over the basketball game.... This talk about Lebron being at Jordans level is seriously crazy talk...

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with that said, Jordan only earned 4 then. Paxson bailed him out against the suns and Kerr bailed him out against the Jazz. Horry bailed out Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan in the finals as well. Because we all know those aforement mention superstars did not placed their teams in a position for other players to make THAT shot.

Now this was a respectable attempt to debate. I have two points to disprove your logic.

1.) Kobe and MJ didn't bail on their teams to go join their opponent superstars on other teams. Now if Kobe would've bailed and joined say TD and if MJ would've bailed and joined the Pistons or knicks or whoever the elite teams were then you would have a point.

2.) Ray's shot was on a broken play off a missed shot to end a the Finals series. Horry's buckets were off set plays many from good Kobe passes and I don't believe any of them were to clinch a finals series.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, Lebron has had chances to step up and lead his team to victories and he hasn't gotten it done, Jordan went Jedi so many times in the finals hitting game winner after game winner, leading his team, one time while sick to finals victories literally taking over the basketball game.... This talk about Lebron being at Jordans level is seriously crazy talk...

Wait, so you think losing in the finals is worse than losing in an earlier round?

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this was a respectable attempt to debate. I have two points to disprove your logic.

1.) Kobe and MJ didn't bail on their teams to go join their opponent superstars on other teams. Now if Kobe would've bailed and joined say TD and if MJ would've bailed and joined the Pistons or knicks or whoever the elite teams were then you would have a point.

2.) Ray's shot was on a broken play off a missed shot to end a the Finals series. Horry's buckets were off set plays many from good Kobe passes and I don't believe any of them were to clinch a finals series.

Dude, if don't like LeBron, that's fine. But he bailed this and he bailed that, come on man, that's crazy. You're willing to give everyone but him credit on winning.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if don't like LeBron, that's fine. But he bailed this and he bailed that, come on man, that's crazy. You're willing to give everyone but him credit on winning.

^^^This^^^

I'm no Lebron fan, but folks who want to hold this against him need to understand the situation he was in compared to guys like Kobe and MJ.

Kobe and MJ both played for franchises that knew how to build contenders and their teams did just that.

Lebron was with a franchise that either had no clue or wasn't willing to spend to do it and no star players were coming to Cleveland anyway (at least none that had anything left). So, he went to Miami which had already won one title and had a GM in Riley that knew how to build a contender.

Then, when the Miami situation turned stale...he returned to Cleveland and applied what he learned in Miami to get the Cavs to 3 straight finals and a title.

I have a hard time criticizing him for that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's what we call the "NFL-SOLOMON" school of retardation.

2nd best is good enough for you, enjoy it ... I'll take a championship, you suffer from the i'm not good enough disease...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so you think losing in the finals is worse than losing in an earlier round?

I"m saying losing sucks regardless, your goal is a title, anything less is falling short of that goal ... How you lose matters though, you gotta battle and give it everything you have, but falling short is still falling short..