• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Far is Too Far??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Brady and Gronk decided not to participate in Voluntary OTAs, the media has been upset. Historically, that is for the past 18 years, Brady has always been first to Gillette and last to leave. When Rodney Harrison joined the Patriots he walked into the weight room on his first day at 6:00 AM and Brady asked him he always came to work late. From that day forward, the entire defense was at Gillette before 5:00 AM and Brady was always there ahead of them. Because the defense started getting there at 5:00 AM the offense couldn't be out done and they started showing up at 5:00 AM. Belichick basically told his coaches that anyone who couldn't be there before the players should consider looking elsewhere for work and BB started getting there by 4:00 AM or sleeping in his office.

Now here we are and it's 2018. Brady decided that he wasn't going to be at Gillette at 4:30 AM on any day of the OTAs and the media is upset. Brady instead decided to go on vacation with his family and do some charity work in Qatar. Then he decided to do some commercials in Moracco for Tag Haure Watches and Jewelry, for whom he is the International spokesman.

He showed up for the Mandatory mini camp for three days and pissed off the media because he didn't spend unlimited time answering questions and joking around. He gave thyem 13 minutes of boxed answers and "No Comment".

At the second set of voluntary OTAs this week, about 15 starters decided not to volunteer and BB cancelled thye final two days and basically said that he'd see them all at training camp in July. One final comment was that everybody better be in shape and be able to pass the conditioning test the fist time around. BB told the team that he would not tolerate anyone needing an extra week to get in shape for training camp.

Again, the Boston media is incensed. They lost two days of free lunch and dinner and drinks at Gillette because the team is starting to fall in behind Brady and Gronk and not participate in voluntary workouts.
Does the media ever go to work for three days and not get paid?? Do they do TV work "Voluntarily?"

Finally, to the point. Tom Brady did an interview with Oprah Winfrey on her OWN Network and it's scheduled to be aired Sunday at 11:00 AM. The program is Super Soul Sunday. Brady tells Oprah what he believe are the keys to his his longetivity and success. If you didn't know, Brady was raised a strict Catholic and has some personal beliefs that may not run parrellel with the church's.

Now the Boston media is literally saying that Brady should just shut up and play football because they don't believe that any of this is about his family. They're saying that he's all about Tom Brady and nothing else.............................

How is too far? Where is the line?? What gives the media the right to question Brady or anyone else's motives or beliefs? For me, BigKen, I think they've crossed the line. Time for the Boston media to just shut and report the news. Don't give us any of you assinine opinions.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess as a media person it is our job to try and get the info that we can and then sometimes work to draw conclusions from that. Our editor all the time tells us to find stories that we think the readers will want to read and of course anything dealing with Tom Brady or Gronk is going to sell. Just like Brady has the right to do what he is doing us writers have a job to do and to me as long as they are not doing anything illegal then fight to find a story.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gives the media the right to question Brady or anyone else's motives or beliefs?

Being a well-compensated high-profile public figure.

Like I said in the other thread - if you don't like what the media is putting forth, stop consuming it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess as a media person it is our job to try and get the info that we can and then sometimes work to draw conclusions from that. Our editor all the time tells us to find stories that we think the readers will want to read and of course anything dealing with Tom Brady or Gronk is going to sell. Just like Brady has the right to do what he is doing us writers have a job to do and to me as long as they are not doing anything illegal then fight to find a story.
You left off the part where you are directed to embellish the living Jesus out of a story simply so people might read the follow up drivel.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the other thread - if you don't like what the media is putting forth, stop consuming it.

You're being an asshole. Don't pontificate to me.

I have a 55" TV in my home office. I'm retired and have a walking disability. I tend to keep it on news or sports all day and evening unless I'm watching a specific program.

My bitch is with three media people screeching at the top of their lungs, Mike Giardi, Trenni Keisnerek and Gary Tanguay for Brady to just "Shut up and play football!" What freakin' right does anyone have to tell anyone else what to do? Especially three TV commentators telling a professional athlete to do nothing else in his life but play that sport? On top of that to say that his religious and personal beliefs are not important and no one cares. Excuse me, but I'm not the only human consuming this crap. I watch sports programs to get news about what's happening not only with the Patriots but with Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox.

Just like Brady has the right to do what he is doing us writers have a job to do and to me as long as they are not doing anything illegal then fight to find a story.

And no one has a problem with people doing their job, but the modern day media isn't just doing their job they've gone beyond getting a story to creating a story and worse making themselves part of it by imputing the opinions......

Story: Jim Bob Jones severely sprains ankle making hard cut to catch the ball.

News report: Jim Bob Jones severely sprains ankle making a hard cut to catch the ball. CNC Staff surgeon Harry Nutz said that the injury is the type that could sideline him for 6 to 8 weeks. I think that if Jim Bob had been wearing hi-top cleats instead of low cut racers, that the injury may not have been as severe. What do you think Dr. Nutz? "I have to agree. Players who wear the low cuts appear to have more ankle injuries than the players who wear the Hi-Tops." There you have it, Jim Bob could have avoided this injury but chose to take a chance and now he's done and so are the Seagulls.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thought is then stop listening to those guys. Do you know how many other networks, podcasts, radio shows, tv shows, youtube channels, and the list can go on that you could just tune into?

Right now for me there is one radio station from last year in the Denver area that I have stopped listening to because I felt like they fed into the Paxton vs. Siemian battle way too much. I found 3 other radio stations and 2 podcasts that I listen to instead. This isn't the old days where you only have a few channels to pick from and have to listen to them whether you like it or not.

There are people out there that obviously like what those guys are producing. They like those story lines and like that the media draw conclusions from little information. Otherwise they wouldn't have a show or would be told to talk about something else. It is the same with Skip Bayless. He spews a lot of crap but some people eat that up where others will refuse to watch him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is UPSET/OFFENDED/OUTRAGED etc because for the past decade that's what has sold clicks (even if they had to make it up).

That's all changing now. Give it time. More fans are turning away from fake news everyday as it gets more and more exposed as scripted outrage.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being an asshole. Don't pontificate to me.

I have a 55" TV in my home office. I'm retired and have a walking disability. I tend to keep it on news or sports all day and evening unless I'm watching a specific program.

My bitch is with three media people screeching at the top of their lungs, Mike Giardi, Trenni Keisnerek and Gary Tanguay for Brady to just "Shut up and play football!" What freakin' right does anyone have to tell anyone else what to do? Especially three TV commentators telling a professional athlete to do nothing else in his life but play that sport? On top of that to say that his religious and personal beliefs are not important and no one cares. Excuse me, but I'm not the only human consuming this crap. I watch sports programs to get news about what's happening not only with the Patriots but with Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox.

And no one has a problem with people doing their job, but the modern day media isn't just doing their job they've gone beyond getting a story to creating a story and worse making themselves part of it by imputing the opinions......

Story: Jim Bob Jones severely sprains ankle making hard cut to catch the ball.

News report: Jim Bob Jones severely sprains ankle making a hard cut to catch the ball. CNC Staff surgeon Harry Nutz said that the injury is the type that could sideline him for 6 to 8 weeks. I think that if Jim Bob had been wearing hi-top cleats instead of low cut racers, that the injury may not have been as severe. What do you think Dr. Nutz? "I have to agree. Players who wear the low cuts appear to have more ankle injuries than the players who wear the Hi-Tops." There you have it, Jim Bob could have avoided this injury but chose to take a chance and now he's done and so are the Seagulls.

Funny. I get all my Patriots news from you guys. We don't watch tv where I live except for NFL, UFC, the occasional movie, and my kids cartoons. I really really really really hate "news" whether it's sports news or #fakenews. And I hate hate hate hate talk shows.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait...wait....what 15 starters choose to not participate in the final OTA's....I need to put them on my list of players to complain about this yr!!! AND...BB canceled the last 2 days cause of it??? Doesn't sounds like Bill at all...he has plenty of new guys that could use the reps.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait...wait....what 15 starters choose to not participate in the final OTA's....I need to put them on my list of players to complain about this yr!!! AND...BB canceled the last 2 days cause of it??? Doesn't sounds like Bill at all...he has plenty of new guys that could use the reps.

The Pats had voluntary OTAs scheduled for this past Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Reports were that 15 veterans didn't show up on Wednesday and BB cancelled the last two days and supposedly said, "See everyone at training camp." The only two people that they know for sure who were not there are Brady and Gronk.

I agree that new guys, both vets and rookies could have used the reps, but, if 10 or 15 more vets had decided to stay away on Thursday, it would like a mutiny and that's the last thing that the Patriots need after the carnival ride over the past month.

When Kraft hired Belichick, he pretty much gave him 100% control of the team and it's worked because everything Belichick has done has pretty much worked.

In my opinion, I think Kraft is just as pissed about the team losing the Super Bowl with Malcolm Butler on the sideline, as some of the players. There are hints that some players feel like the Belichick mantra of "Team First" was compromised by BB's ego and having an injured Johnathan Jones and horrible Jordan Richards playing for a healthy Malcolm Butler was inexcusable. Like I said, that's my opinion.

There's a lot of fence mending that's going to have to happen before the season starts for real. The preseason is really going to give an indication of where the Patriots really stand in regards to their attempt to get back to the Super Bowl. The preseason is all NFC. Eagles, Giants, Panthers and Bucs. NO walkovers or cream puffs.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, I think Kraft is just as pissed about the team losing the Super Bowl with Malcolm Butler on the sideline, as some of the players. There are hints that some players feel like the Belichick mantra of "Team First" was compromised by BB's ego and having an injured Johnathan Jones and horrible Jordan Richards playing for a healthy Malcolm Butler was inexcusable. Like I said, that's my opinion.

:dingdingding:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who watched SuperSoulSunday?? I DVR'd it yesterday and took the time to go into my mancave and watch it. I had my bowl of Chocolate Almond Chip ice cream and a 16 oz caffiene free diet Pepsi.

A couple of things.....during the entire interview, I was totally uncomfortable with Tom's black sweater. It had hairs and lint and a large white thing on his left shoulder. For the life of me, I can't understand why someone didn't take a piece of tape and clean up the sweater before they started. What really freaked me out was as the interview ended, Brady started to stand up and brushed all of the crap off his sweater. Oprah looked like she was made out of plastic. Her hair was pulled back so tight it was giving me a headache. She had the ugliest dark purple glasses that were covering half of her eyes. Every time the camera shifted to her, I was adjusting and cleaning my glasses.........enough the of silly stuff.....

My first warning, be careful of what you will see. I watched half of Sports Sunday this morning nd of course, they are just picking the whole thing apart. Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom, be back in 10 minutes. I'm back.

The first thing that I noticed is that the show had quotes on the screen that the commenators were discussing. As is normal, they didn't have the entire quote. Hence, the quote could be interpreted a hundred ways. If you saw the interview, you know exactly what the question was that was asked and what Brady said and the way he said it. Many of his answers were with a smile and a giggle or a laugh. Others were very serious and were near emotionless.

As with any interview, the watcher will make his or her judgement on exactly what the person said and can interpret it for himself.

Here are my takes on what I think were the most critical topics.

"Tom, how long do you think you'll continue to play football?" TB: As long as I enjoy the work, the training and the competition, I'll keep going. As long as I enjoy competing with 22 year old kids................Now the critical part, which will be beaten to death.............."I see the end coming faster now and it's closer than the beginning." (I'm paraphrasing) This statement has already started the Boston media summarizing and concluding and opinionizing what THEY think this means.

"Tom, after the super bowl loss, many things have been reported. How is your relationship with Bill Belichick?" TB: He took a very long pause and had an extremely serious face. "I love him. As a coach and my mentor." another statement. "We have differences of opinions......that's relationships." END. Oprah dropped it.

There was a lot more and one thing I took from this is that Brady has absolutely no use whatsoever for the media. You will never see another friendly Brady press conference. Here's MY OPINION...............when the media went bullshit over Brady and his son kissing, that was the end all of Brady. He said he was brought up with a loving mother and father and three sisters. Everyone in his family openly hugged and kissed each other and had no issue showing love and affection. He feels the same way about his kids. Giselle?? She walked into the set at the very end of the interview and Brady just lit up. He absolutely adores her and she him. There was an electricity between them when the camera immediately switched to her.

Brady the father.......his son with Bridgette, Brandon, called Tom and was upset. One of his best friends told him that he was only friends with him because his father is Tom Brady. Brady shocked me............."Tell him he not your friend anymore and walk away from him! You'll find friends who like you for you and not because of me." That's a pissed off dad who just wants to protect his son from anything harmful.

As with any interview, there were those gooey, parts that you wish they'd keep for the women's morning shows, but I realize that there's more than me watching and women look at Brady a lot different than me.

I highly recommend that you watch it. It's going to be shown over and over as is everything on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network). I'd suggest DVR'ing it so you can rewind to relisten to some of his answers and digest for yourself what he's saying.

Oh yeah, he started the TB12 diet and exercise program when he was 25 years old after realizing that he wasn't going to last much longer playing pro football if he kept drinking booze and eating fast food and junk food. He said it's taken him 15 years to get to his own level of comfort and he still falls of the wagon.

I wonder what Chocolate Almond Chip and Avacado mixed together tastes like??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit..how does one post a gif...???
You have to conjure up the spirit of the Giffer. Stand in front of the mirror and repeat three times. Post one for the Giffer, Post one for the Giffer, Post one for the Giffer.

At least I think that is how it works?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to conjure up the spirit of the Giffer. Stand in front of the mirror and repeat three times. Post one for the Giffer, Post one for the Giffer, Post one for the Giffer.

At least I think that is how it works?

Didn't work.

Coworker that I didn't know was in the stall behind me now thinks I'm fuckin Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs.