• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how do you like the o's ?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the first 10 8-2 going long ball and a little D they have a 2.5 lead in the east . the texas series is telling the have huge outfields to cover and the o's have trumbo as the dh . with a lefty going sunday he will most likely be dh again . trumbo is so hot don't touch he will hurt you .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Trumbos been hot, Alvarez has been locked in a freezer because he's been I've come to start the season.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Trumbos been hot, Alvarez has been locked in a freezer because he's been I've come to start the season.
pedro still in the freezer . i was happy to see rickard bounce back from his cold spell long season he needs some rest somewhere or his butt will be dragging in the playoffs . tonight will be game 15 10 - 4 3.5 games up . matusz and gausman up in the next week . i hate the thoughts of sending wilson down .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pedro still in the freezer . i was happy to see rickard bounce back from his cold spell long season he needs some rest somewhere or his butt will be dragging in the playoffs . tonight will be game 15 10 - 4 3.5 games up . matusz and gausman up in the next week . i hate the thoughts of sending wilson down .

I'm definitely liking Rickard right now but I hope it's not the same thing like Parades last year where he starts off scorching hot and then cools off when pitchers figure him out. Still would like Kim to get a few more starts but understand why he's not with Rickard staying hot and obviously keeping Trumbo in the lineup with his power.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would Wilson go down after his start yesterday? Wright needs to go. He is very shaky, inconsistent and the bad throw (pick off) to 1st base today defines Wright imo. Doesn't seem to have the confidence in himself to go with his 94-95 mph fastball. I guess it wasn't his fault Buck left him in too long today, Buck has a tendency to do that. Just like he has a tendency to keep Jones in the 3 or 4 hole which is pathetic. Move him down to 5 or 6 until he starts hitting like he is capable of.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Wilson go down after his start yesterday? Wright needs to go. He is very shaky, inconsistent and the bad throw (pick off) to 1st base today defines Wright imo. Doesn't seem to have the confidence in himself to go with his 94-95 mph fastball. I guess it wasn't his fault Buck left him in too long today, Buck has a tendency to do that. Just like he has a tendency to keep Jones in the 3 or 4 hole which is pathetic. Move him down to 5 or 6 until he starts hitting like he is capable of.

Absolutely agree. Jones definitely needs to be moved out of that 3 slot. I'd switch him and Manny with Manny batting 3rd and Jones batting 2nd and have the lineup go something close to this:

Rickard RF
Jones CF
Machado 3B
Davis 1B
Trumbo DH
Wieters C
Hardy SS
Schoop 2B
Reimold/Kim LF

I think the reason Buck probably leaves guys in longer than he probably should in a lot of cases is that he has more faith in them than us fans do. While it's good probably for player morale to know that your coach has faith in you, it's not always good for the teams win-loss record.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe jones needs to bat 9th and told to prove you should hit higher . i'm starting to get sick watching pedro hit . if galdo can't hit 90 with his fastball we don't need him . kim to me is a well paid UUUU not really seen him drive anything and his D is on par with trumbo .

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe jones needs to bat 9th and told to prove you should hit higher . i'm starting to get sick watching pedro hit . if galdo can't hit 90 with his fastball we don't need him . kim to me is a well paid UUUU not really seen him drive anything and his D is on par with trumbo .

Fixed it for you: Maybe Jones needs to be benched for a couple games (!)

...except that this would require starting an outfield of Kim / Rickard / Reimold (with Trumbo playing DH), which is horrible on defense. Is there anyone who could be called up from AAA?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well 2 weeks later and still in first . the good signs are nolan is rolling . wilson and wright have been getting better each outing . joey is tring to get out of a funk 5-32 but jones , schoop and manny have also struggled and we are still in first place . it's time to ride nolan while he is hot .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well 2 weeks later and still in first . the good signs are nolan is rolling . wilson and wright have been getting better each outing . joey is tring to get out of a funk 5-32 but jones , schoop and manny have also struggled and we are still in first place . it's time to ride nolan while he is hot .

I say bench Rickard for a few days and get more playing time for Kim as well.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say bench Rickard for a few days and get more playing time for Kim as well.

rickard is a serviceable guy not a everyday player . walker and trey has more of an upside than rickard .

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you smell the faint odor of Samuel Adams in the room?
When this thread was originated the Orioles were out of the gate at top speed. Everyone else
was dealing with cold weather, rain and trying to find a smidgeon of team chemistry. 14 days later
and the O's are now beginning to play against pitchers who have several games under their belts.
Their major rivals in the AL East (Boston) have started to get their act together. They lead the AL
in runs scored and home runs. The pitching staff has peeled a full 2 runs off their ERA in the past 16 days.

Gotta love the ..... O ...... in Red SOX

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rickard is a serviceable guy not a everyday player . walker and trey has more of an upside than rickard .

So I take it that Kim could be batting over .700 and you'd still wish that he'd be kicked off the roster?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it that Kim could be batting over .700 and you'd still wish that he'd be kicked off the roster?
small sample size just wait until he faces the mid 90 fastballs . has anyone seen the power out of kim's bat ? we have 3 dh and when we get jimmy it will be 4 jimmy , kim , trumbo and pedro

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you smell the faint odor of Samuel Adams in the room?
When this thread was originated the Orioles were out of the gate at top speed. Everyone else
was dealing with cold weather, rain and trying to find a smidgeon of team chemistry. 14 days later
and the O's are now beginning to play against pitchers who have several games under their belts.
Their major rivals in the AL East (Boston) have started to get their act together. They lead the AL
in runs scored and home runs. The pitching staff has peeled a full 2 runs off their ERA in the past 16 days.

Gotta love the ..... O ...... in Red SOX
the o's still own the redsux at o's way park

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
small sample size just wait until he faces the mid 90 fastballs . has anyone seen the power out of kim's bat ? we have 3 dh and when we get jimmy it will be 4 jimmy , kim , trumbo and pedro

So shouldn't that mean that we should play him more to see if it's indeed a mirage or if he's a legit player? Maybe he won't have power here in the states but if he can consistently get on base, even if it's just as a singles or doubles hitter, what's wrong with that because we have plenty of power hitters as it is?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So shouldn't that mean that we should play him more to see if it's indeed a mirage or if he's a legit player? Maybe he won't have power here in the states but if he can consistently get on base, even if it's just as a singles or doubles hitter, what's wrong with that because we have plenty of power hitters as it is?

well the only player that the duke has signed from overseas that was worth a dam was chen . the one that is getting robbed lately has been schoop .