• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you know Seattle is playing better?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their buffoons start opening their mouths again. It was nice how conveniently silent they were when they were losing to the Lions, looking mediocre at best, and getting shredded by the few solid QBs they faced.

Two great weeks and here it comes...Irvin insists Bridgewater was "scared" of their Defense (apparently, he'd watched NO film on SEA this year). I fully expect Sherman to come out from his rock soon and talk loud enough so we all forget he's been exposed often this year.

So if AZ has their playoff position locked in place for the last week and SEA needs a win, do we rest our starters? I think we probably should...but it'd be so tempting not to.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cards have nothing to play for I say, yes rest the starters in week 17. Granted BA is one to not pull punches, so who knows what will happen. We just have to wait and see.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that the Pack can win in AZ. Then you can rest everyone you want in the last week so the Pack can move into the #2 seed

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that the Pack can win in AZ. Then you can rest everyone you want in the last week so the Pack can move into the #2 seed

You really think GB can make up two games with 4 remaining? Not inconceivable, but AZ has been consistently awesome all year and shows no signs of slowing down. GB has looked pretty dismal for about a month. Maybe they snap out of it. I never count Aaron Rodgers out.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think GB can make up two games with 4 remaining? Not inconceivable, but AZ has been consistently awesome all year and shows no signs of slowing down. GB has looked pretty dismal for about a month. Maybe they snap out of it. I never count Aaron Rodgers out.

In order for the Packers to have a chance at the #2 they need to win out. They had 10 days off and info out today says the O line is all back and Montgomery the receiver is back practicing after being out 7 weeks. Hopefully they can get the passing game going because the D and special teams have been decent and Lacey is now out of the dog house after his missing curfew according to McCarthy and his last 2 games he actually played was rushing for over 100 yards. Just have to see how they play as they have proven that they can beat or lose to anybody.

If they win out you need to have the Cardinals win all the other 3 games or they drop to #3

It will be interesting to see how it works out because if the Pack wins out and the Cards lose to Seattle the Pack has the tie breaker.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. Should be interesting. GB will surely beat Dallas this week and more than likely handle Oakland the next. Gives AZ little room for error.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To get the #2 seed, GB would have to win out, including beating AZ, & AZ would have to go 2-2.

Technically, All AZ needs to do is win against Min & GB to lock up the #2 seed. They could also lock the #2 seed up by winning the next 2 games against Min & Phi along with GB losing 1 game.

The fun part is that if Car slips up & loses 2 games along with AZ winning out, AZ would get the #1 seed.

So there is still a lot to play for.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. You have to think CAR loses soon. I've watched them and they are scary good, but they don't remind me of a 16-0 team. Their remaining games aren't against any elite teams, but also won't be complete pushovers..but I think 2 losses is the most we could expect. Just can't see them going 1-3.

AZ has a brutal road left though and as much as 4-0 wouldn't shock me...I think it's unlikely.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their buffoons start opening their mouths again. It was nice how conveniently silent they were when they were losing to the Lions, looking mediocre at best, and getting shredded by the few solid QBs they faced.

Two great weeks and here it comes...Irvin insists Bridgewater was "scared" of their Defense (apparently, he'd watched NO film on SEA this year). I fully expect Sherman to come out from his rock soon and talk loud enough so we all forget he's been exposed often this year.

So if AZ has their playoff position locked in place for the last week and SEA needs a win, do we rest our starters? I think we probably should...but it'd be so tempting not to.
I say we let Drew Stanton light em up.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for the Packers to have a chance at the #2 they need to win out. They had 10 days off and info out today says the O line is all back and Montgomery the receiver is back practicing after being out 7 weeks. Hopefully they can get the passing game going because the D and special teams have been decent and Lacey is now out of the dog house after his missing curfew according to McCarthy and his last 2 games he actually played was rushing for over 100 yards. Just have to see how they play as they have proven that they can beat or lose to anybody.

If they win out you need to have the Cardinals win all the other 3 games or they drop to #3

It will be interesting to see how it works out because if the Pack wins out and the Cards lose to Seattle the Pack has the tie breaker.
I think I counted 17 ifs. Maybe 18.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the OP's question in the title, it should be easy to see.
The second answer is absolutely. Maybe one series for the starters at the most, if any at all. Way too risky at the time of the season with a team's established starters.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the OP's question in the title, it should be easy to see.
The second answer is absolutely. Maybe one series for the starters at the most, if any at all. Way too risky at the time of the season with a team's established starters.

But since Seattle is so scary and the team nobody will want to play, wouldn't you want to give your all the last week if it could mean knocking them out of the playoffs? :)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But since Seattle is so scary and the team nobody will want to play, wouldn't you want to give your all the last week if it could mean knocking them out of the playoffs? :)
Not me. Winning the division is what matters most in that spot. If I was HC, I give most of the 1's, 1 series only.
What would you do?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were it me and the Cards had the 2nd seed locked up with zero chance at the 1st seed, I'd play the starters for the first series and then sit the lot of them. No need to risk injury even if it would kill Seattle's playoff hopes. BA is anything but conservative in his game planning though, so he might go for the throat in that situation.

Right now though I'm hoping for a win tomorrow and a win when GB comes to town. Anything outside of that is gravy IMHO.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. Winning the division is what matters most in that spot. If I was HC, I give most of the 1's, 1 series only.
What would you do?

I would probably do the same. I might not take everyone out though. Definitely Palmer. Might see how Stanton looks and then try to win the game with him if things are going well.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably do the same. I might not take everyone out though. Definitely Palmer. Might see how Stanton looks and then try to win the game with him if things are going well.
I'd keep Palmer, Fitz, Floyd, Ellington, and D. Johnson out and see what Stanton could do for a while. If he won it, great, if it didn't go well I'd pull any other starters about the middle of the third at the latest.