• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you fee about Chris Young vs Sonny Gray in Oakland?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting ahead mysellf a bit, but, barring a change in rotation order, this woud be the pitching match up if Seatte wins the second wild card and Oakand retains the first wild card.

I don't like the matchup at all. But having Iwakuma go on four days rest is no good either. A better scenario would be sipping a 6th starter in somewhere so the 163rd game falls on Hernandez' rotation spot.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
less then ideal,,,, better then having Elias I guess.

Ideally we'd have Felix going, then Pax, then Kuma, then young

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be Felix or Iwakuma vs Oakland, I think. He'll make a switch sometime I would think.

I really doubt McClendon would start a hot/cold guy for a wildcard game.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But having Iwakuma go on four days rest is no good either. A better scenario would be sipping a 6th starter in somewhere so the 163rd game falls on Hernandez' rotation spot.

Im not sure why Iwakauma pitching on 4 days rest is no good. Pitchers go on 4 days rest most of the time all year. Also if you need game 162 to get to 163, you absolutely pitch Felix in that game, no questions asked. If we have a spot clinched before that last game then yea you hold him back but otherwise no way.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure why Iwakauma pitching on 4 days rest is no good. Pitchers go on 4 days rest most of the time all year. Also if you need game 162 to get to 163, you absolutely pitch Felix in that game, no questions asked. If we have a spot clinched before that last game then yea you hold him back but otherwise no way.

My bad. Iwakuma would be going on three days rest, not four. But regardless of the days of rest, I wouldn't want him in that game anyway - not the way he has pitched recently. Then only guys I would trust for that game are Felix and Paxson.

Five more games against the Angels including three in that big park in SoDo where the Mariners' bats turn into jelly. I doubt if the Mariners clinch before game 162.