• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where RottenTomatoes & IMDB ratings come into play. Those are reviews from people/critics who have seen it. But it wouldn't be the first instance of media pumping ratings. We shall see.

I'll hopefully go see it this weekend and get a review up sometime early next week.

Also not necessarily from true horror fans. I'm pretty sure we all know there's a world of difference in opinions there.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not necessarily from true horror fans. I'm pretty sure we all know there's a world of difference in opinions there.
I think we all get it, just a horror movie getting a theater release to me says i'll see it... that being said, it doesn't mean i'll see it in the theater. it can be just as effective in the pitch black of my living room with no neighbors close by... maybe better seeing it in my living room.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all get it, just a horror movie getting a theater release to me says i'll see it... that being said, it doesn't mean i'll see it in the theater. it can be just as effective in the pitch black of my living room with no neighbors close by... maybe better seeing it in my living room.

Especially since you never know when the neighbors will stop in for a visit...
original-4.gif

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since you never know when the neighbors will stop in for a visit...
original-4.gif
meh, neighbors were never a topic of conversation. i'm talking about being in your own zone, where they're not a factor. i have been able to do complete darkness in many settings where i lived, complete darkness is one piece. I've replicated it in a studio apartment, being in my own single family home in the woods, it may take it up a level. I look forward to it.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew someone here had it, didn't recall who.

Here's my thing, I'd like to watch new movies when they come out, as it were, I've mainly waited until they came out for release and illegally downloaded them to watch, which I know doesn't do much for the industry which would otherwise throw out shit I don't want to see. I already get Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, what's another 10 bucks at that point? That being said, I'm trying to back track what cable/internet subscription I get (moving into a new home within a month)

Congrats on the new home.

Do a search on their site to see if the theatre's in your area take moviepass. At the bottom of the page, input your zip code. Everything is easy to use. The only downside, you can't buy tickets a day or so before. So, opening night or weekends for big releases...I think would be difficult.

The app is very easy. Sign-in. Select your theatre. Chose your 2D movie and time and push the check-in button. Your moviepass debit card is funded. Use the debit card at the box office or kiosk to pay. Done. Oh, you have to be 100 yards from the theater for the app to check-in and fund your card. You have 30 minutes from the time you check-in to complete the process.

MoviePass | Watch New Movies in Theaters

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upcoming Horror/Thrillers:

Ghost Stories (2018)
Release Date: April 20th

Bad Samaritan (2018)
Release Date: May 4th

Revenge (2018)
Release Date: May 11th

Upgrade (2018)
Release Date: June 1st

Hereditary (2018)
Release Date: June 8th

Last edited:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upcoming Horror/Thrillers:

Ghost Stories (2018)
Release Date: April 20th

Bad Samaritan (2018)
Release Date: May 4th

Revenge (2018)
Release Date: May 11th

Upgrade (2018)
Release Date: June 1st

Hereditary (2018)
Release Date: June 8th

i'm looking forward to your reviews. I can no longer trust the mainstream review system.

You are all I have left.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm looking forward to your reviews. I can no longer trust the mainstream review system.

You are all I have left.

Well if you are ever wanting a specific review on something I haven't done in here yet then let me know!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackals (2017)

This was quite the missed opportunity. After watching the trailer I thought I was in for a You're Next or The Strangers knockoff, but I wouldn't even call it that. The badass looking villains you see in the trailer & on the movie posters don't even make an appearance until the last 20-30mins of the movie. The first hour is essentially one long, boring crime drama filled with dialogue. I would have rated it better even if it was a blatant knockoff. The cast did an admirable job with the script, and the cinematography & setting were on point... Even though it was all ultimately a waste of time. Stephen Dorff & Johnathan Schaech drew me to this movie in the first place. But neither did anything particularly memorable. And whoever did the sound fx had me laughing out loud. Nice sword-like noises used during the dart stabbing lol. The cult villains had some mystery & intrigue to them, which could have made for a much better movie if they had used them for a longer duration. But once they did make their long-awaited appearance, the writers did a terrible job with the movie. The victims locked themselves in a cabin and the cult only sends in 1-man waves to try and free the cult hostage? If they bull-rushed then the movie would have been over.

Fairly pointless movie with very little to offer... 4/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes (2012)

Been a while since I've stumbled across a bigfoot film shot in 1st person (found footage genre). If you've seen any of these: Bigfoot County (2012), Evidence (2012), Willow Creek (2013), Exists (2014), then you know what to expect lol. I will say that this one oddly enough had more plot to it than a simple game of survival. And for that reason I liked it better than most of those films even though it was tacky. I think the only comparable entertainment was from Evidence or Exists. I liked the characters a little better in those films too. The characters in this film were a very odd mix. From the spiritual yoga producer to the geeky sound tech that had no previous job experience, it made me wonder why the hell the writers thought they were a good addition. Those aspects of their character were useless to the overall plot. The 2 main guys provide some stability and are much better characters all around. The filming in this movie was better than most found footage films where you feel like vomiting after 10 minutes. Also, thankfully for as low budget as this movie was the creature was used as a behind-the-scenes/cloak & dagger type so we don't get exposed to subpar cgi. Overall this movie was mildly entertaining. Don't expect great writing or acting though. The storyline kinda jumps around but it works in a B-movie sort of way. The telekinetic & spotlight stuff was bizarre, but hey at least they tried something new lol.

2012 was a 'big' year for found footage thrillers involving Bigfoot... 5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?! First one is the worst. Second one is the best.
Depends on what you like in your horror films! IMO the first movie was the only one that really had much horror in it at all. The rest are more about shock value.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidence (2012)

Bored enough to review this one as well. I'll be short. This is not your usual take on "Bigfoot" in terms of the bipedal beast, whereas in this movie we get a quadruped. Kinda added a cool scare tactic when you see the beast lumbering towards you in the peripheral views. The plot starts off like the typical campers caught in a survival thriller out in the woods being hunted by an animal, but once you get near the climax the shit hits the fan. Think of it as a sudden dose of 28 Days Later. Interesting plot twist, even if it wasn't executed very well. The characters were quite dumb, but at least they meshed better than the ones in Lost Coast Tapes. I think this would have been a much better movie had they killed the broads off first. Overall its mildly entertaining but I wouldn't recommend it unless these found footage survival films are your bag.

Much better than Willow Creek but that isn't saying much... 5.5/10

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a quiet place and thought it was well done. There was only a few people in the audience, which helped. It's a movie that you really don't want to hear anyone around you while watching.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a quiet place and thought it was well done. There was only a few people in the audience, which helped. It's a movie that you really don't want to hear anyone around you while watching.
Glad to hear. Still haven't gotten around to making it to the theater. One of the biggest complaints that I've heard from friends is that it was a tad long. Said it could have used some fat cut out to make a more thrilling movie. Thoughts?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching The Descent. I'd forgotten how damned good this movie was; the key is paying real good attention to the first 5 - 10 minutes or so. A great setup for a great horror payoff, imo. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

tumblr_nqx07mznmn1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

the-descent-horror-movie-o.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching The Descent: Part 2

@FaCe-LeE-uS , it's kinda a shame; coulda been a good sequel. Good enough scares, but not nearly worthy to the first.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching The Descent: Part 2

@FaCe-LeE-uS , it's kinda a shame; coulda been a good sequel. Good enough scares, but not nearly worthy to the first.
I tried to tell ya! lol post #2531:

Not as good as the 1st, but still very worthwhile. It doesn't have the dramatic touch that the 1st one had, sports a pretty weak cast, and it relies a tad more on the jump scares... But it ties up the storyline perfectly, and rather beautifully I might add.