• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EMERGENCY PSA ALERT:

DON'T SEE "A QUIET PLACE!!!!"

Friend posted on FB he was watching it with his son. Somebody posted in the comments, "Let me know how that is." Friend responded: "Don't waste your money."

AGAIN DON'T SEE "A QUIET PLACE!!!!"

Back to your regularly scheduled programming on this Saturday.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to see The Toxic Avenger.

Haven't see that in forever. Good to always re-watch the classics.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on that topic, anyone here do movie pass? thinking about getting it

I do. I've been using it since November. I've had no issues. I go see movies that I would always wait for them to hit HBO or rent. Do the monthly. Not the yearly if you are concerned if they will go out of business.

Any questions.....feel free to ask.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This ought to ramp up a discussion... Any takers? Looks like another money grab to me. More dramatic though. Not sure what angle they are taking.

@jakedog56 @Chef99 @R.J. MacReady @SDGuy73 @Win TWINS!!! @DJ @Nasty_Magician @Taddy Mason

Purge 1: Awesome... 7.5-8/10
Purge 2: Meh. More of a survival thriller than horror... 6/10
Purge 3: More Meh, and even less horror... 5/10

:shrug:

I like the concept of it. I will watch the new one. I do agree that One was awesome. I would like to see more gruesome deaths. "Horror" doesn't really work for me. None of them are scary. Being an adult can suck in that respect. As a kid.....OMG. Scared shitless. My dad made us watch them in the dark. No lights allowed. Plus, he would scare the shit out of us. I born in 73. So you know the horror movies I was raised on.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EMERGENCY PSA ALERT:

DON'T SEE "A QUIET PLACE!!!!"

Friend posted on FB he was watching it with his son. Somebody posted in the comments, "Let me know how that is." Friend responded: "Don't waste your money."

AGAIN DON'T SEE "A QUIET PLACE!!!!"

Back to your regularly scheduled programming on this Saturday.
Wife & I are planning on seeing that next weekend.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been warned.
everyone else seems to like it.
Nothing against your friend DJ, but I rarely listen to another person's opinion on horror films. Horror movies are generally not very well received by the general public. It usually takes a different perspective to perceive them so the ratings are usually very bipolar. As in, I wouldn't expect someone that doesn't watch horror very regularly to have a good opinion of any horror film they watch. Now if I had heard a bad review from a known source, like say someone in here that watched it, then maybe I would heed their warning... But even then we have seen the opinions vary.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against your friend DJ, but I rarely listen to another person's opinion on horror films. Horror movies are generally not very well received by the general public. It usually takes a different perspective to perceive them so the ratings are usually very bipolar. As in, I wouldn't expect someone that doesn't watch horror very regularly to have a good opinion of any horror film they watch. Now if I had heard a bad review from a known source, like say someone in here that watched it, then maybe I would heed their warning... But even then we have seen the opinions vary.
Take The VVitch (The Witch - 2015) for example... It initially bombed in ratings, but was very well received in this forum. Eventually the ratings balanced out in its favor.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I trust this guy with my life.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take The VVitch (The Witch - 2015) for example... It initially bombed in ratings, but was very well received in this forum. Eventually the ratings balanced out in its favor.
I had the opposite take away from that movie. All the reviews I saw were good. After seeing the movie felt it was just okay.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the opposite take away from that movie. All the reviews I saw were good. After seeing the movie felt it was just okay.
Well at least you prove my point of varying opinions in here lol. IIRC you didn't care for the new IT remake either.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I've had a few other people tell me it's not so good.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has a good trailer but I don't think sales is a good determination of it being good. Could just be a lot of people weere conned into seeing it from the trailer.

If you polled those that saw it

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has a good trailer but I don't think sales is a good determination of it being good. Could just be a lot of people weere conned into seeing it from the trailer.

If you polled those that saw it
That's where RottenTomatoes & IMDB ratings come into play. Those are reviews from people/critics who have seen it. But it wouldn't be the first instance of media pumping ratings. We shall see.

I'll hopefully go see it this weekend and get a review up sometime early next week.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao PSA because one Facebook friend said it wasn’t good??

Movie was great. Very intense. Not a horror movie tho. More of a thriller

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I've been using it since November. I've had no issues. I go see movies that I would always wait for them to hit HBO or rent. Do the monthly. Not the yearly if you are concerned if they will go out of business.

Any questions.....feel free to ask.
I knew someone here had it, didn't recall who.

Here's my thing, I'd like to watch new movies when they come out, as it were, I've mainly waited until they came out for release and illegally downloaded them to watch, which I know doesn't do much for the industry which would otherwise throw out shit I don't want to see. I already get Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, what's another 10 bucks at that point? That being said, I'm trying to back track what cable/internet subscription I get (moving into a new home within a month)