• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hobson's Mock Draft

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Geoff Hobson is part of the media mock draft, where the writers of each team hold a little mock draft on who they would like to see their team draft with the current draft order, and this was who fell into Hobson's lap in round 1 and round 2.

#21 - WR Calvin Ridley
#46 - OG Will Hernandez

I would be stoked as hell with that as I see both players as top 20 players, and Ridley as a top 10. Granted, Ridley is most definitely a luxury pick, but when you have someone that good fall, you jump at it, right? Plus, the guy we want in the first round anyways, falling to us in the 2nd? Whaaa??

The media pundits around the league have lost their minds.

I know of that will happen, but that would be amazing if it did.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the 46th pick, Billy Price had not been drafted yet either. Perhaps he could fall to our #77 pick? Doubtful. lol

Okay, pretty damn wishful thinking on all this.

WR Calvin Ridley
OG Will Hernandez
OC Billy Price

I wouldn't even care what the rest of the draft netted us, as I consider this an A+ draft without another pick. Everything else would be gravy.

Okay, the day dream has ended. Back to reality.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Ridley? Why the hell do we need another WR that will never see the field?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't hurt to horde 1st round WR's. Eventually we will get it right, right? Especially with a top taker off like Ridley. Leave a lot more underneath for Ross and Boyd.

Green, Ridley, Ross and Boyd with Malone and Erikson. That sounds pretty nice to me. Still getting the guy we want in the 2nd round in that mock anyways, so hell, I am all for it. :)

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the OL will collapse before Andy ever attempts to throw the ball to him.

Would be a great idea if they could somehow fill the myriad of holes we have.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll have the best seat in the house!

That much may be true.

I like Ridley better than I did Ross last year though. Ridley has size, speed and ball skills. Ross just looked like a small shifty guy, and while I don't mind Hawkins, Shipley type WR's, I didn't feel Ross was a top 10 type talent like Ridley is. Just me though.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Ridley will do a fine job modeling the Pro Shop gear each week. He'll probably also be a nice guy to play corner on the scout team when all of our corners are hurt.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if these are our 1st 3 picks in the draft, I am stoked beyond belief. Can't see a better scenario for us unless Vita Vea, Roquan Smith or Derwin James drop to 21 with us still following up with Hernandez and Price.