• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey 'It's Just One Game'

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did somebody say that?

i had no desire to watch after felix left.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did somebody say that?

Why did Felix get pulled? Is it because the season's done win or lose? Was he hurt? Or, with the ERA title in his hand, they didn't want him to lose it?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda wanted to see Felix finish the game. He was dealing and was likely headed towards his first complete game shutout of the year

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did somebody say that?

It was said all second half of the season by the 'silver lining' fans. My point was always that these 'only one game' loses add up in the end and bite you in the ass. Guess what? Chomp, chomp.

Yes I am a believer that it is okay to blast your team when they pull a dumb ass move that losses you a game. That doesn't make you a bad fan. It makes you a realistic one. A passionate one. To each their own I guess, but I was passionate when I played sports and I am passionate when I watch sports. I just don't get others that aren't. I just think if you take the time to be on these forums you are passionate.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was said all second half of the season by the 'silver lining' fans. My point was always that these 'only one game' loses add up in the end and bite you in the ass. Guess what? Chomp, chomp.

Yes I am a believer that it is okay to blast your team when they pull a dumb ass move that losses you a game. That doesn't make you a bad fan. It makes you a realistic one. A passionate one. To each their own I guess, but I was passionate when I played sports and I am passionate when I watch sports. I just don't get others that aren't. I just think if you take the time to be on these forums you are passionate.

gotcha

and yeah, every game matters. i don't mind seeing losses where they simply get outhit by a superior team on the day. but there were just dozens and dozens where the feckless offense might as well have just stood at the plate reading a book.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what your intentions are with this thread or with this particular post, but it comes off as you taking time out to blast other fans

Everyone has a different way of rationalizing wins and losses. When someone says "it's just one game" during a 162 game season it doesn't mean that they are conceding that a loss or a blown game is acceptable. Trust me, we are just as frustrated about the season, every blown game, and every shut out as you are.

We had a good season. It's disappointing that we fell short of our goal, but what can we do. We can sit here all day and play the what if game, looking back at every missed strike, every missed ball, every blown save, every scoring opportunity squandered, every 1 run loss, etc and dwell on it until we go crazy

Or you can choose to look at the season in a positive light and be optimistic about the team's future.

Your choice

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Felix get pulled? Is it because the season's done win or lose? Was he hurt? Or, with the ERA title in his hand, they didn't want him to lose it?

i'm betting that was the case

we'll never know, though

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand your frustrations and your choice to blast this team... But If it frustrates yiu this much then maybe take some time away from following them.

Yes, they failed to make the playoffs again and yes, had they taken a game or a series in Houston or toronto the outcome may have been different. But you know what, they exceeded expectations and the team will continue to go up at this point. I'm looking forward to 2015 and applaud them for a nice season.

Your choice if you to bash them and the fans who are finally feeling optimistic.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your frustrations and your choice to blast this team... But If it frustrates yiu this much then maybe take some time away from following them.

Yes, they failed to make the playoffs again and yes, had they taken a game or a series in Houston or toronto the outcome may have been different. But you know what, they exceeded expectations and the team will continue to go up at this point. I'm looking forward to 2015 and applaud them for a nice season.

Your choice if you to bash them and the fans who are finally feeling optimistic.

First off, don't tell me what I need to do. I know you know me all so well and all. Second, nowhere do I say in this thread anything about the team being the point. This is about soft fans (and they know who they are) who believe everyone should get a participation ribbon.

This thread is all about those who in the past couple months said 'It is just one game' after a no-brain loss. Well, here is what 'Just one game' means in the end.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your intentions are with this thread or with this particular post, but it comes off as you taking time out to blast other fans

Everyone has a different way of rationalizing wins and losses. When someone says "it's just one game" during a 162 game season it doesn't mean that they are conceding that a loss or a blown game is acceptable. Trust me, we are just as frustrated about the season, every blown game, and every shut out as you are.

We had a good season. It's disappointing that we fell short of our goal, but what can we do. We can sit here all day and play the what if game, looking back at every missed strike, every missed ball, every blown save, every scoring opportunity squandered, every 1 run loss, etc and dwell on it until we go crazy

Or you can choose to look at the season in a positive light and be optimistic about the team's future.

Your choice

Sorry if I hurt your fucking feelings. I am not frustrated with the season because that is what was expected. Whether it be us missing the playoffs again by one game or 20, the result was inevitable.

There is no dwelling. Just laughter when softies say those magic words. One game actually does matter, who would of thunk it?

Positive light? Ahh, the cry of losers. The Mariners thank you for being positive and accepting less. You are the reason Jack gets re-signed. No public outcry after 13 straight non-playoff seasons. Outcry? Heck, fans are celebrating. I feel like Northwestern football in the 80's. Hey we only lost by 7 this time. So if you think I am mad or frustrated with the team, then you don't know me even when you comment as if you do. I say this with a smile on my face because fans of the NW are nice. Compassionate? No, but nice. If there were a coaches award for MLB baseball, M's fans would win it in a landslide.

I get cezero even during our disagreements. There are a few others I get as well on here, but some....well have a golly gee willikers good off season.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all M's fans could use a hug right now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if I hurt your fucking feelings. I am not frustrated with the season because that is what was expected. Whether it be us missing the playoffs again by one game or 20, the result was inevitable.

There is no dwelling. Just laughter when softies say those magic words. One game actually does matter, who would of thunk it?

Positive light? Ahh, the cry of losers. The Mariners thank you for being positive and accepting less. You are the reason Jack gets re-signed. No public outcry after 13 straight non-playoff seasons. Outcry? Heck, fans are celebrating. I feel like Northwestern football in the 80's. Hey we only lost by 7 this time. So if you think I am mad or frustrated with the team, then you don't know me even when you comment as if you do. I say this with a smile on my face because fans of the NW are nice. Compassionate? No, but nice. If there were a coaches award for MLB baseball, M's fans would win it in a landslide.

I get cezero even during our disagreements. There are a few others I get as well on here, but some....well have a golly gee willikers good off season.

Think of how us Cougs feel.