• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

here is more film on Rg3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries can?t explain away QB Robert Griffin III?s ongoing struggles | The MMQB with Peter King

how do you fix this ?

everything you need to be successful as a qb he is failing at

pre snap , post snap , mechanics in disarray.

i think he is afraid to fail

he doesnt trust what is in front of him . he tries for the big play instead of hitting the open guy by design of the play

colt mccoy can do this easily KC can as well but he is just young

Rg3's head is F'd up period

Skinsdad.... how would you fix a Private that thought he knew everything and could be told nothing??? Work his butt til he hits bottom, then he either takes instruction or continues to take his lumps.

I dont think this kid is stupid or even incapable. He has simply NEVER had any one tell him YOU need to adjust likely since pop warner. If he is as smart as many have said, and as hard a worker, this is not impossible.

Best thing for him might be this stretch of actual failure. Because I dont think his confidence is or actually can be shot. But I have always thought he needed to be brought down a little in order to become what we need. I dont ever think he will be a pure pocket passer, but he needs to develop the skills of a pocket passer that he has never really worked on. Then dare I say it he MIGHT become a QB in the mold of Young, Rogers or hell just simply a GOOD QB. To this point he has been a good athlete playing QB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries can?t explain away QB Robert Griffin III?s ongoing struggles | The MMQB with Peter King

how do you fix this ?

he doesnt trust what is in front of him . he tries for the big play instead of hitting the open guy by design of the play

dad he is trying to master concepts that he has never had to learn before. I don't know about the other things people are saying, maybe they are right and maybe they are wrong. Probably some of both. When he came here he played much like in an offense similar to what he did in college. He was very successful at it. Now he is trying to learn to be more of a pro style QB but he doesn't know the skills because he never had to know them before. Question is, can he learn them and how long will it take.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it on the radio too. It was pretty overwhelming stuff. Let's go back to day one of training camp so he can run some basic plays?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad.... how would you fix a Private that thought he knew everything and could be told nothing??? Work his butt til he hits bottom, then he either takes instruction or continues to take his lumps.

I dont think this kid is stupid or even incapable. He has simply NEVER had any one tell him YOU need to adjust likely since pop warner. If he is as smart as many have said, and as hard a worker, this is not impossible.

Best thing for him might be this stretch of actual failure. Because I dont think his confidence is or actually can be shot. But I have always thought he needed to be brought down a little in order to become what we need. I dont ever think he will be a pure pocket passer, but he needs to develop the skills of a pocket passer that he has never really worked on. Then dare I say it he MIGHT become a QB in the mold of Young, Rogers or hell just simply a GOOD QB. To this point he has been a good athlete playing QB.

he needs to take a seat and be inactive . then he needs to come back next season needing to beat out his competition

dad he is trying to master concepts that he has never had to learn before. I don't know about the other things people are saying, maybe they are right and maybe they are wrong. Probably some of both. When he came here he played much like in an offense similar to what he did in college. He was very successful at it. Now he is trying to learn to be more of a pro style QB but he doesn't know the skills because he never had to know them before. Question is, can he learn them and how long will it take.

these are basic concepts that he should have mastered in year 3 . he plays scared period .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad.... here is why i dont bench him. Of the three QB's he is furthest away from having the Skills he needs. And as the season is a wash any way, the best way for him to get those skills is to be in game. Cousins to a degree knows how to read defenses, and he has a knack for getting rid of the ball on time. Same goes for McCoy, and I dare say he is actually further along than Cousins at this point. Benching Griffin now is all about saying we give up. on him. I do agree it should be an open competition next year unless Griffin SHOWs some serious improvement in QB fundamentals over the next six weeks. You bench him and I think he takes it personally again and quietly sulks.

Now i do think we need to adjust the offense a little to help him out. But the main thing they should focus on in practice is his reads and getting rid of the ball. Its got to become automatic. Three steps, find your read, place the ball. Its likely to get uglier before it gets better. But he and the fan base need to accept that. And coach needs to be honest with every one on that.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is a bust. Injury prone and can't read defenses. Next QB...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shoot me in the head right now.

:lol: Dude, its not that bad. Some times the only way to fix a problem is to admit that something is broken. Now we have known something was broken with this team for a while now. But the QB until now was off limits. If RG3 takes a good hard look at himself, I think he can actually fix whats broken. But he has got to work on the right things going forward.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Dude, its not that bad. Some times the only way to fix a problem is to admit that something is broken. Now we have known something was broken with this team for a while now. But the QB until now was off limits. If RG3 takes a good hard look at himself, I think he can actually fix whats broken. But he has got to work on the right things going forward.

As you know that was always my position. The things Griff had going for him is a long list: quick release, strong arm, accurate on both deep and short passes, good mobility even after the surgery (not as fast as before does not mean he is now Mark Rypien, his wheels are still effective), competitive drive etc. His faults can be overcome with coaching and experience.But good God we've never seen evidence like we are seeing this week. I've never seen a QB overcome this many flaws and become good.

And again what makes this so bad is there is no viable Plan B. And no TJ Yates will not lead us to the promised land, to be a good team year after year you need a good QB. That should be obvious by now. We were all in on RGIII not only because of the picks we gave up but more because finding a QB is damned hard. After 30 years of trying we should all understand this. . Griff was our best chance and it looks really really bad now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you know that was always my position. The things Griff had going for him is a long list: quick release, strong arm, accurate on both deep and short passes, good mobility even after the surgery (not as fast as before does not mean he is now Mark Rypien, his wheels are still effective), competitive drive etc. His faults can be overcome with coaching and experience.But good God we've never seen evidence like we are seeing this week. I've never seen a QB overcome this many flaws and become good.

And again what makes this so bad is there is no viable Plan B. And no TJ Yates will not lead us to the promised land, to be a good team year after year you need a good QB. That should be obvious by now. We were all in on RGIII not only because of the picks we gave up but more because finding a QB is damned hard. After 30 years of trying we should all understand this. . Griff was our best chance and it looks really really bad now.

Dude, I think it actually looks great. And no not because it looks like it will fail right now. It looks great because we have a coach who is finally going to try and teach Robert what he is and has always been missing. In 2012, we designed a system that hid the fact ( extremely well I might add) that RG3 never learned the correct way to read defenses. We also masked the fact that while he has a quick release once he decides to throw it, his process from I should to throw it to, its gone, could use some work. He might actually still be our best chance. But I think he needed this wake up call, as much as the fan base did. To me, as of two days ago its a clean slate for RG3 going forward. Same for Kirk actually. We got a coach who is going to teach them, and we should now have two still young QBs that are hopefully willing to learn and correct their respective flaws.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how do you fix this ?

Ouch.

Devastating analysis.