• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat Cavs discussing swapping Whiteside for Thompson lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh sorry guys for triggering @WiggyRuss LOL

I'm enjoying him though

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your delusional posts on McCaw:

McCaw definitely needs eat a few more in and out burgers and put some meat on his frame. I think he could potentially contribute right away at least defensively, but his offense will definitely be a work in progress. The upside is there though. Could be a nice 3 and D player if he can consistently hit that corner 3.

Surprised the Warriors bought back into the second round but love the McCaw pick. He needs to add some strength and weight but he looks like a player.

McCaw I thought was a pure luxury pick. The Warriors were able to buy back into the early 2nd round and took a guy who reminds me a lot of Corey Brewer, with better potential upside on the offensive end. He's a lanky guy, and will need to put on weight, but he's long and athletic and can likely contribute right away at least on defense.

I thought you were better than that. Really, I did. Like at least in the past when you said someone was bad, you at least put some effort into it. This take that McCaw is garbage is really, really bad.

Livingston is first off the bench, but McCaw has seen his playing time and role increase already. Kid is going to be a factor in a big way for the team this

Warriors already prepping for free agency by signing McCaw to a 2 year deal. They signed him for the league minimum, and signing him right away I believe makes it so that he doesn't have a cap hold for the start of free agency. He took a pay cut and reduced years, but it could even out for McCaw if he performs well. He'll have 2 years less of team control and if he plays well can parlay that into a bigger money contract than his rookie scale would have allotted him.
Bob Myers. Genius and Swindler extraordinaire.

People have been saying McCaw is Iguodala's replacement, but truthfully I see him more as Livingstons. McCaw's got a great handle, good passer, but he's rail thin. He might be best served as a big point in his career. (Mecca or LAD I think called this previously, where I argued McCaw should be a 3.)

The Reality:

what did McCaw end up being? exactly what i said- end of the bench trash. He is an RFA with a 1.6M QO--- did anyone try and sign him? Even to like a 3 year 9M dollar deal? of course not....why? because he is end of the bench trash. He was a flyer that you take in the 2nd round and just hasnt turned into anything. He is probably not far from G league or being out of the league entirely. When yo uare a young player, you suck, cant stay healthy, and cant shoot- you wont be in the league for that long.

I'm not gonna read this because it's hilarious that you put so much thought into Patrick "the GOAT" McCaw. LOL.

No one said he was going to be great. People just said he had a CHANCE to be an impact player, and you said there was no way he would be a rotational player and contribute in the finals as a rookie. He did both. He may not ever play again the NBA and that's the reality. But did he contribute and help the Warriors win a title? Absolutely.

But that was 2 years ago now. You know what else was 2 years ago? The last time Tristan Thompson was any good. BOOOOOM.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends.

I believe they will Continue to try and win as many games as they can around Love.

If they are a 35-40 win team still with Love on the roster in 3 years will you be critical, or try to justify Gilbert's decisions?

Maybe you will use the flattened lotto odds as a reason not to tank. Either way though, Cleveland has a mediocre team this year and probably for at least a few years to come.

I will give you a pass for now, but if they continue to build around Love, you should be just as critical of the Cavs as you have been of the Heat. Because that is not a good long term strategy.
depends on SExton too....Cavs got a lotto pick right off the bat--- and actually have some young talent in Osman, Nance Jr., Hood, Clarkson etc.

Look at Miami and the first Cleveland after LeBron left......the Cavs with Love, Sexton, Osman, Nance Jr., and Hood are effectively already AT LEAST a year- if not 2- ahead of where those other teams are when LEBron left young player and rebuilding wise.

I definitely think Miami should have signed and dealt Bosh since his value was high. I hope the Cavs re-establish Love's value. However, if Sexton ends up being a star (not saying he will be or wont be- im just saying IF)- why go totally into the tank for greatly reduced lotto odds?

for the Cavs the flattened lotto odds are actually good considering their situation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna read this because it's hilarious that you put so much thought into Patrick "the GOAT" McCaw. LOL.

No one said he was going to be great. People just said he had a CHANCE to be an impact player, and you said there was no way he would be a rotational player and contribute in the finals as a rookie. He did both. He may not ever play again the NBA and that's the reality. But did he contribute and help the Warriors win a title? Absolutely.

But that was 2 years ago now. You know what else was 2 years ago? The last time Tristan Thompson was any good. BOOOOOM.
lol ironically those are YOUR THOUGHTS and the time YOU put in on McCaw......lol....BOOM.

Last time TT was any good was just a couple months ago. Well- at least TONS better than that shitbag JaVale McGee---- but his Per 36 are right there with anyone!!! LOL.

i always knew McCaw was what he is---- some 2nd round flyer not likely to be anything more than an end of the bench scrub.

i cant believe you got that excited over such a shitbag of a player. lol. its like if i went nuts over Kay Felder or something.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ironically those are YOUR THOUGHTS and the time YOU put in on McCaw......lol....BOOM.

Last time TT was any good was just a couple months ago. Well- at least TONS better than that shitbag JaVale McGee---- but his Per 36 are right there with anyone!!! LOL.

i always knew McCaw was what he is---- some 2nd round flyer not likely to be anything more than an end of the bench scrub.

i cant believe you got that excited over such a shitbag of a player. lol. its like if i went nuts over Kay Felder or something.

Kind of heavy handed from all the dick riding you've been doing on Cedi Osman. LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh sorry guys for triggering @WiggyRuss LOL

I'm enjoying him though
i just could not believe some dumb fuck would actually use JaVale McGee's per 36 stats to try and make a point. lol...that type of pure abject stupidity is pretty hilarious.

let me say that again just in case you didnt believe what i actually wrote--- someone was quoting JAVALE MCGEES per 36 stats like they meant something. unfucking real.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of heavy handed from all the dick riding you've been doing on Cedi Osman. LOL.
ill bet you Osman averages more than 4 points a game and on his next contract gets more tahn 1.6M for one year. lol

Think about that--- ANY TEAM could have McCaw if they just offered him like 2 years 6M...no way the Warriors match with the cap situation they are in--- but no one would touch that untalented shitbag with a 10 foot pole. His value is LESS today than it was on his draft day. Hes just another 2nd round bust that cant hack it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just could not believe some dumb fuck would actually use JaVale McGee's per 36 stats to try and make a point. lol...that type of pure abject stupidity is pretty hilarious.

let me say that again just in case you didnt believe what i actually wrote--- someone was quoting JAVALE MCGEES per 36 stats like they meant something. unfucking real.
Yes we know. When you melt down you make about 5-6 lengthy posts saying the same thing over and over. That's why I apologized

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill bet you Osman averages more than 4 points a game and on his next contract gets more tahn 1.6M for one year. lol

Think about that--- ANY TEAM could have McCaw if they just offered him like 2 years 6M...no way the Warriors match with the cap situation they are in--- but no one would touch that untalented shitbag with a 10 foot pole. His value is LESS today than it was on his draft day. Hes just another 2nd round bust that cant hack it.

No I just find the hilarity of your homerism and double standards to be completely funny. You shit on all the Warriors second round picks, but when it comes to your own, you think he's the next big thing. And maybe you're right, maybe I'm wrong on my end. But either way you're absolutely consistent with overvaluing your own players. LOL.

Cedi Osman....Franchise Cornerstone. Couldn't crack the finals rotation when JR, Hill, Korver and every other guard on your roster played terrible. But yeah, he's going to be amazing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I just find the hilarity of your homerism and double standards to be completely funny. You shit on all the Warriors second round picks, but when it comes to your own, you think he's the next big thing. And maybe you're right, maybe I'm wrong on my end. But either way you're absolutely consistent with overvaluing your own players. LOL.

Cedi Osman....Franchise Cornerstone. Couldn't crack the finals rotation when JR, Hill, Korver and every other guard on your roster played terrible. But yeah, he's going to be amazing.
i never thought Kay Felder would be anything. I never thought quite a few of the Cavs 2nd round picks would be anything.

Osman wouldnt of even been a 2nd rounder if he came over right when he was drafted- hes 6'8" with some athleticism. Ill take it on a case by case basis with each and every guy.

I WILL GURANTEE you this- Osman will get a LOT more on his 2nd contract than will McCaw- if McCaw is even IN THE LEAGUE at that point. lol.....

cmon dude- you know as well as i do that McCaw has been a bust and has no value and that if the Warriors offered him for Osman they would get laughed off the phone.

1.6M qualifying offer and no one wants to even give him anything. If he was anything close to a decent 3 and D player hed get AT LEAST something- like 2 years 5 million! I bet he would JUMP at the chance to sign that offer sheet and the Warriors wouldnt think twice about sending him on his way.

as i said- right now- McCaw's value is significantly less than it was the day he was drafted. At least the day he was drafted you could have delusional thoughts of grandeur. At this point- the reality that he is nothing- basically a high level G League player- is setting in.

itll be fun to do this again with Jordan Bell before long.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never thought Kay Felder would be anything. I never thought quite a few of the Cavs 2nd round picks would be anything.

Osman wouldnt of even been a 2nd rounder if he came over right when he was drafted- hes 6'8" with some athleticism. Ill take it on a case by case basis with each and every guy.

I WILL GURANTEE you this- Osman will get a LOT more on his 2nd contract than will McCaw- if McCaw is even IN THE LEAGUE at that point. lol.....

cmon dude- you know as well as i do that McCaw has been a bust and has no value and that if the Warriors offered him for Osman they would get laughed off the phone.

1.6M qualifying offer and no one wants to even give him anything. If he was anything close to a decent 3 and D player hed get AT LEAST something- like 2 years 5 million! I bet he would JUMP at the chance to sign that offer sheet and the Warriors wouldnt think twice about sending him on his way.

as i said- right now- McCaw's value is significantly less than it was the day he was drafted. At least the day he was drafted you could have delusional thoughts of grandeur. At this point- the reality that he is nothing- basically a high level G League player- is setting in.

Absolutely not disputing that. McCaw will be lucky to be in the league with the way it's looking right now. Some of that is on his injury history (which was extensive last year). Even when he was playing well at the end of the year he suffered that injury with Vince Carter undercutting him.

I'm actually astonished right now that he hasn't signed the QO. Like legitimately weirded out. But at the same time the Warriors haven't pulled their offer either. So it makes you think that they still see some value in him. Of course their coaching staff sees him on a daily basis, so maybe they think there's more to him.

Either way his growth and development was nowhere near up to par in his 2nd year. Jordan Bell looks like he's on a much more solid trajectory to become a long time NBA player. I think he'll settle eventually into a spot starter/8th man type big, depending on his offensive development.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even know how you could think McCaw is more than 50/50 to even end the season with the Warriors...my guess is he rides the pine most of the year and gets cut for a buy out guy after the trade deadline and then is in the g-league or overseas next year.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even know how you could think McCaw is more than 50/50 to even end the season with the Warriors...my guess is he rides the pine most of the year and gets cut for a buy out guy after the trade deadline and then is in the g-league or overseas next year.

Ehh, it's bit trickier if the Warriors feel he has any developmental potential still. This will likely be Livingston's last year with the team. The following year will likely be Iguodala's unless he comes back at a significant discount. McCaw has always been seen as a guy to take one of their spots. Now that it's an actual possibility, I can see why the Warriors might be hesistant on this. But the Warriors also are not thrilled with McCaw either, hence why they drafted a wing. I'd guess 50/50 to start the year on the team, but once he's on the team, I doubt the team cuts him. The Warriors haven't been very active in the buy-out market in previous years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on SExton too....Cavs got a lotto pick right off the bat--- and actually have some young talent in Osman, Nance Jr., Hood, Clarkson etc.

Look at Miami and the first Cleveland after LeBron left......the Cavs with Love, Sexton, Osman, Nance Jr., and Hood are effectively already AT LEAST a year- if not 2- ahead of where those other teams are when LEBron left young player and rebuilding wise.

I definitely think Miami should have signed and dealt Bosh since his value was high. I hope the Cavs re-establish Love's value. However, if Sexton ends up being a star (not saying he will be or wont be- im just saying IF)- why go totally into the tank for greatly reduced lotto odds?

for the Cavs the flattened lotto odds are actually good considering their situation.

You are reaching big time here on the young talent.

Sexton, yes. Osman, maybe. Hood has talent, but at some point he is going to be that guy who never realized his potential. Confidence issues are pretty tough to shake.

The rest are rotational players with little upside.

As for the Cavs being 2 years ahead?

That is precisely the problem. They skipped the phase where they were bad enough to draft a legit franchise player. Perhaps they luck out and Sexton becomes just that. But I wouldn't count on it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its what you get for being a stupid fuck and quoting per 36 stats---- ESPECIALLY from a no-talent shit bag that did not even qualify. LOL. But i guess when you have nothing else- what can you do?
Careful....Wiggy......

Are you saying you've never EVER used per 36mpg stat? Pretty sure I remember you using it for a Cav player when we were on Fan Nation.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are reaching big time here on the young talent.

Sexton, yes. Osman, maybe. Hood has talent, but at some point he is going to be that guy who never realized his potential. Confidence issues are pretty tough to shake.

The rest are rotational players with little upside.

As for the Cavs being 2 years ahead?

That is precisely the problem. They skipped the phase where they were bad enough to draft a legit franchise player. Perhaps they luck out and Sexton becomes just that. But I wouldn't count on it.

This. They are looking at being 9-10 in the EC.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy has gone off the deep end or he doesn't know how to use his brain to look at stats.