• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat Cavs discussing swapping Whiteside for Thompson lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact:

If you google Tristan Thompson's name his basketball information doesn't even show up until page 2. But god damn it if he wasn't a solid role player 2 years ago.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact:

If you google Tristan Thompson's name his basketball information doesn't even show up until page 2. But god damn it if he wasn't a solid role player 2 years ago.

Tristan Thompson saved the Cavs in Game 7
“First off, I just wanna say Tristan Thompson, all series long we just told him to be ready,” Lue said. “Coming into Game 7 and to start and perform the way he did was huge. For him to step up and be in the fire of Game 7 was unbelievable.”

Thompson finished Cleveland’s elimination game with 15 points, 10 rebounds, and a massive block with just over a minute remaining in the fourth quarter; one that earned an uproarious ovation from The Quicken Loans Arena crowd and a huge high-five from LeBron James. Five of his rebounds came on the offensive glass.

cmon name me JUST ONE role player that averaged a double double in 2 Finals....just one...cmon....I know you can do it...lol.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey you tred to say some ridiculous bullshit about Thompson and McGee and i showed oyu how fucking stupid and wrong your statement was.

Without TT the Cavs do not pull off THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. Tristan Thompson just aboslutely wore the Warriors out on the boards in that series and was a huge reason why the Warriors gacked up a a 3-1 lead and lost 2 games in a row on their home court when they hadnt done that in YEARS.

McGee is a useless piece of trash.

double double on 64% shooting...McGee could never do that...lol.....he couldnt do that in the regular season for any amount of time let alone in the playoffs. lol

If Green wasn't suspended the series would have been over in 5. Don't pretend TT was the difference maker

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did Reggie Evans ever gut a team on the boards in the NBA Finals completing the GREATEST COMEBACK IN NBA HISTORY----and go for a double double on 64% shooting? No? He never went for 15-10 in a Game 7 while playing great D and help his team win? Oh no? Who would have thought?

Wait- some more great per minute stats!!!!

the leading scorer in the NBA last season? NAZ MITROU-LONG Guard UTAH--- 144 points per 48 minutes baby!!!! sign him up!!!! could you EVEN IMAGINE if he actually got real PT?!! he might even be better than McGee!!!! LOL.

No.

But I just watched him almost get a triple double in a big 3 game last week. That has to count for something.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me a list of "role players" that averaged a double double in 2 straight Finals.......and oh yah- you cant use their PER 36 numbers LOL.....

Tristan Thompson

That was easy.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Thompson saved the Cavs in Game 7
“First off, I just wanna say Tristan Thompson, all series long we just told him to be ready,” Lue said. “Coming into Game 7 and to start and perform the way he did was huge. For him to step up and be in the fire of Game 7 was unbelievable.”

Thompson finished Cleveland’s elimination game with 15 points, 10 rebounds, and a massive block with just over a minute remaining in the fourth quarter; one that earned an uproarious ovation from The Quicken Loans Arena crowd and a huge high-five from LeBron James. Five of his rebounds came on the offensive glass.

cmon name me JUST ONE role player that averaged a double double in 2 Finals....just one...cmon....I know you can do it...lol.

Name me a player that was good 2 years ago, that is absolute garbage right now that you would defend as still good. That's pretty much where your argument lies. I never stated he was bad 2 years ago. I said he's basically a garbage man at this point. I'm surprised the Cavs haven't asked him to sweep the floors of the Quicken Loans Arena to make up for his DNP-CD's. LOL.

Shit in 2017 Steph Curry averaged 9.4 rebounds per game as opposed to Thompson's 5.8 in the finals. That's literally all his job is to get rebounds and he couldn't even out rebound the opposing PG.

BUT 2 YEARS AGO THOOOOOOO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name me a player that was good 2 years ago, that is absolute garbage right now that you would defend as still good. That's pretty much where your argument lies. I never stated he was bad 2 years ago. I said he's basically a garbage man at this point. I'm surprised the Cavs haven't asked him to sweep the floors of the Quicken Loans Arena to make up for his DNP-CD's. LOL.

Shit in 2017 Steph Curry averaged 9.4 rebounds per game as opposed to Thompson's 5.8 in the finals. That's literally all his job is to get rebounds and he couldn't even out rebound the opposing PG.

BUT 2 YEARS AGO THOOOOOOO
he went for 15 and 10 in a game 7 while playing great defense and hugely helping his team in a way taht JaVale Mcgee has never done in his ENTIRE career.

plus- as i said- i dont know too many "role players" in NBA history that have double double's in MULTIPLE NBA Finals. Good luck finding any besides TT.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon he is just trying to emulate your Wizards! lol...

ya know, except for that title and 4 straight finals trips thing.

True.

But the difference between me and you is that I am critical of my team when they do stupid things. Nobody talks more shy about the Wizards' personnel decisions over the years than I do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for proving my point. lol

But per 36 MAN!!! lol.

He is literally one of the very best players in Big 3.

It is the no name guys who recently retired who end up dominating that league. The big names are too out of shape.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

But the difference between me and you is that I am critical of my team when they do stupid things. Nobody talks more shy about the Wizards' personnel decisions over the years than I do.
Im not critical of the Cavs after going to 4 straight Finals and winning the cities first championship in 50 years.

I realize that this is going to be a tough year considering LeBron just left and that you cant go straight into a rebuild on August 13th when you have a win-now team you have been building for 4 years and were trying to keep LeBron on July 2nd.

You cant just get rid of everyone and trade everyone the day after LeBron leaves----- especially after the draft--- if they knew before the draft LeBron was leaving maybe they could ahve done something

but this year is what it is--- they have to feel it out and see if they have enough to do try and rebuild on the fly- or whether it is going to take a full bottoming out----- and the bad thing is- a full bottoming out isnt even as good as it used to be with the lotto odds flattening out.

They had to pull a total 180 on July 2nd after LeBron's decision- after 4 years of Finals appearances and a 'ship I can live with a year of purgatory while they figure out exactly what direction they want to go, who to keep, and what they can get on the market with the players they want to move.

I dont see one move this offseason after LeBron's decisin that i think the Cavs screwed up. Do you?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Tristan was such dog shit in 2017, that they had to take him out of the games in the Finals because he was getting killed. Then he took all that momentum and got himself regular season DNP-CD's.

But at least you have Cedi. If only he could have contributed last year as a rookie and former 2nd round draft pick. Wait, but those guys never contribute to NBA finals wins though right?

3347d4ac505b79a647de95f8eedbce66.jpg

nba-finals-warriors-cavaliers-basketball-8265e3f9613f86ae.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 NBA Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

those are the new lotto odds

the top 3 teams all have a 14% chance at the top pick.

It used to be 25% for the top team, 20% for the 2nd team, and about 14% from the 3rd and 4th teams.

THIS year- the Cavs in the 8 slot would have a 2.8% chance at the top pick......this year the 8th pick will get a 6% chance for comparison sake.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not critical of the Cavs after going to 4 straight Finals and winning the cities first championship in 50 years.

I realize that this is going to be a tough year considering LeBron just left and that you cant go straight into a rebuild on August 13th when you have a win-now team you have been building for 4 years and were trying to keep LeBron on July 2nd.

You cant just get rid of everyone and trade everyone the day after LeBron leaves----- especially after the draft--- if they knew before the draft LeBron was leaving maybe they could ahve done something

but this year is what it is--- they have to feel it out and see if they have enough to do try and rebuild on the fly- or whether it is going to take a full bottoming out----- and the bad thing is- a full bottoming out isnt even as good as it used to be with the lotto odds flattening out.

They had to pull a total 180 on July 2nd after LeBron's decision- after 4 years of Finals appearances and a 'ship I can live with a year of purgatory while they figure out exactly what direction they want to go, who to keep, and what they can get on the market with the players they want to move.

I dont see one move this offseason after LeBron's decisin that i think the Cavs screwed up. Do you?

Your team isn't good enough to rebuild on the fly, in terms of assets you have to acquire others. You may not need to bottom out, but you'll need to hit on your next few lottery picks. Then you'll have to use your cap space judiciously.

I think what honestly hurt the most was the Kyrie trade. After the 8th pick, you really didn't get any other retained assets from that. Total hindsight but the Cavs should have maybe opted for more established talent in return.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends.

I believe they will Continue to try and win as many games as they can around Love.

If they are a 35-40 win team still with Love on the roster in 3 years will you be critical, or try to justify Gilbert's decisions?

Maybe you will use the flattened lotto odds as a reason not to tank. Either way though, Cleveland has a mediocre team this year and probably for at least a few years to come.

I will give you a pass for now, but if they continue to build around Love, you should be just as critical of the Cavs as you have been of the Heat. Because that is not a good long term strategy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Tristan was such dog shit in 2017, that they had to take him out of the games in the Finals because he was getting killed. Then he took all that momentum and got himself regular season DNP-CD's.

But at least you have Cedi. If only he could have contributed last year as a rookie and former 2nd round draft pick. Wait, but those guys never contribute to NBA finals wins though right?

3347d4ac505b79a647de95f8eedbce66.jpg

nba-finals-warriors-cavaliers-basketball-8265e3f9613f86ae.jpg
your delusional posts on McCaw:

McCaw definitely needs eat a few more in and out burgers and put some meat on his frame. I think he could potentially contribute right away at least defensively, but his offense will definitely be a work in progress. The upside is there though. Could be a nice 3 and D player if he can consistently hit that corner 3.

Surprised the Warriors bought back into the second round but love the McCaw pick. He needs to add some strength and weight but he looks like a player.

McCaw I thought was a pure luxury pick. The Warriors were able to buy back into the early 2nd round and took a guy who reminds me a lot of Corey Brewer, with better potential upside on the offensive end. He's a lanky guy, and will need to put on weight, but he's long and athletic and can likely contribute right away at least on defense.

I thought you were better than that. Really, I did. Like at least in the past when you said someone was bad, you at least put some effort into it. This take that McCaw is garbage is really, really bad.

Livingston is first off the bench, but McCaw has seen his playing time and role increase already. Kid is going to be a factor in a big way for the team this

Warriors already prepping for free agency by signing McCaw to a 2 year deal. They signed him for the league minimum, and signing him right away I believe makes it so that he doesn't have a cap hold for the start of free agency. He took a pay cut and reduced years, but it could even out for McCaw if he performs well. He'll have 2 years less of team control and if he plays well can parlay that into a bigger money contract than his rookie scale would have allotted him.
Bob Myers. Genius and Swindler extraordinaire.

People have been saying McCaw is Iguodala's replacement, but truthfully I see him more as Livingstons. McCaw's got a great handle, good passer, but he's rail thin. He might be best served as a big point in his career. (Mecca or LAD I think called this previously, where I argued McCaw should be a 3.)

The Reality:

what did McCaw end up being? exactly what i said- end of the bench trash. He is an RFA with a 1.6M QO--- did anyone try and sign him? Even to like a 3 year 9M dollar deal? of course not....why? because he is end of the bench trash. He was a flyer that you take in the 2nd round and just hasnt turned into anything. He is probably not far from G league or being out of the league entirely. When yo uare a young player, you suck, cant stay healthy, and cant shoot- you wont be in the league for that long.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends.

I believe they will Continue to try and win as many games as they can around Love.

If they are a 35-40 win team still with Love on the roster in 3 years will you be critical, or try to justify Gilbert's decisions?

Maybe you will use the flattened lotto odds as a reason not to tank. Either way though, Cleveland has a mediocre team this year and probably for at least a few years to come.

I will give you a pass for now, but if they continue to build around Love, you should be just as critical of the Cavs as you have been of the Heat. Because that is not a good long term strategy.
maybe "I" will? lol....sorry- but unfortunately thats not my decision....

but there is no doubt less incentive to tank then there has been with how the lotto odds changed- which sucks if you ask me- but it is what it is.