• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

He may be on most lists but I'm not drafting ______

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a hidden steal at WR in JAX.
Sure they're a run first team but 62% of their passing yards still go to the WR (which is a pretty high percentage comparably).
Dont have the exact yaradge in front of me, but there's roughly 2700 passing yards up for grabs just to the receivers.
Yea, there may just be. .... or, my expectation is; this guy one week, another the next - kind of expect the same from the Rams. ... still, 700 to 800yds and a handful of TDs makes for a decent WR3. ...

EDIT: was typing this while Treff was responding . .

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But which one? Gun to my head have to take one, I'm banking on the Crief, only because he seems to have a knack at scoring TD's. Then, I dunno, Lee, Cole, Westbrook and Chark..all seem like "meh " kind of options to me. The available 2700 yards is why I like ASJ..its true, someone has to catch passes..I'll bet on the TE.
When I looked it up (again, don't have the numbers in front of me) but TE had the same kind of receiving yards as the RB which wasn't much.
Think Creif is the least likely front runner. I think Lee and Cole get WR1 & WR2 labels.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I looked it up (again, don't have the numbers in front of me) but TE had the same kind of receiving yards as the RB which wasn't much.
Think Creif is the least likely front runner. I think Lee and Cole get WR1 & WR2 labels.
But then again, the TE was the slothlike Mercedes Lewis...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a little time to screw off before work stated this AM..
of the major Jags receivers missing from last years team..Hurns had about 500 yards, Lewis about 320. Everyone else, excluded ARob's one catch season, returns. So technically there's about 800 yards to be had. Lee played/started 14 games so a little could be expected to go his his way. K. Cole appeared in all 16, only started 4 though, and had similar numbers to Lee, even more yards on less catches. Some should maybe be expected to go there. Lewis played all 16, and while extremely unimpressive overall numbers, led the team in receiving scores.
What's it all mean?
To me, it means there really isn't a ton of available receiving stats to be had in Jax, yes they lost Arob and Hurns, but neither were a significant part of the offense last year, and its somewhat apparent that what little they left behind can easily be absorbed by Cole and Lee, and with both of them being 700 3-5 TD type guys, even giving one of them all of Hurns' numbers isn't much more than a 1100 yds and 6-7 TDs. While nothing to laugh at, its also not the most likely outcome either, as the numbers will most likely get split up, and we haven't even accounted for Crief being in town yet.
However, at TE, ASJ leading the team in receiving TD's, is a reasonably expectable outcome. And just being a better athlete that can be a bigger threat in the middle well be an increase on Lewis's catches and yards.

So, yea, gimme the TE over any of the receivers.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice research.
If it boils down to ASJ over a JAX WR then I'll still take the WR. ASJ will probably go undrafted and I persoanlly think TE values are inflated. With WR the risk/reward is better imo.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standard - Moncrief
PPR - Lee
Best Ball - Cole

if you didn't draft a TE in the first 12 rounds, then sure, go ASJ

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice research.
If it boils down to ASJ over a JAX WR then I'll still take the WR. ASJ will probably go undrafted and I persoanlly think TE values are inflated. With WR the risk/reward is better imo.
If there was one that was more likely than the others, I would too.