• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

He may be on most lists but I'm not drafting ______

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:trash:

giphy.gif

Go.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years ago I went with a program of expert and my opinion. I had the best year I have ever had. If that program says to draft someone, I am going to.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Graham

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton, Cousins, Winston, Smith, Prescott, Trubisky

Hyde, Dion Lewis, Melvin Gordan, Rashaad Penny, D. Guice, R. Freeman, M.Lynch, D. Martin, L. Miller, T. Cohen, any RB in GB., CJ Anderson, D. Booker, Ny. Hines.

D. Thomas, AROB, A. Jeffrey, J. Landry, B. Cooks, Dev. Parker, Edelman, DJAX, M. Lee, A. Hurns, P. Richardson, Sanu, Lockett, Cam. Merideth

J. Reed, J. Doyle, T. Burton, Eifert, Clay, Kittle, Gesicki

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hyde, Dion Lewis, Melvin Gordan, Rashaad Penny, D. Guice, R. Freeman, M.Lynch, D. Martin, L. Miller, T. Cohen, any RB in GB., CJ Anderson, D. Booker, Ny. Hines.

D. Thomas, AROB, A. Jeffrey, J. Landry, B. Cooks, Dev. Parker, Edelman, DJAX, M. Lee, A. Hurns, P. Richardson, Sanu, Lockett, Cam. Merideth

Dont you own him in dynasty?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont you own him in dynasty?
Nope, traded him to Ram (I think?) for a #1.

But, Dynasty rules are different anyways. There are guys on this list I might be willing to invest a little in in a dynasty, and there are guys not on this list that I wouldn't dare touch in dynasty for all but the absolute lowest of prices

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHOCKER - Russell Wilson (in a keeper format) - Pete continues to ignore the oline and I really fear for his long-term health.
Any JAC or LAR WR - just too many question marks on a run first teams.
Any PHI, NE or CLE RB. Just find it hard to trust that whomever you pick actually produces much more than any of the others. ..
Now not saying I won't (or don't) own any of them, just not likely to pay the current ADP price of admission. ....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now not saying I won't (or don't) own any of them, just not likely to pay the current ADP price of admission. ....

^^^^^
This x 1000

Every year, u hear someone who says something like, "I will never draft such and such again!" Most of the tines it is because they had him last season and he underproduced. But I think back on all the players over the years that have had a bad season, then bounced back to win championships for people the next year. How many people said something last year about never drafting Gurley or DHop again? How many Gurley and DHop owners were counting their prize money last year? I love guys who underproduce. I tend to get them the next season a couple rounds after I should.

There are guys who I think are getting over drafted right now. For instance, there are any WRs that I would take before Josh Gordon right now. But if he is there in the 13th round, I will scoop him up in a heartbeat.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I wouldn't draft DParker again but the sumbitch keeps falling to where it's worth a shot.............lol.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^
This x 1000

Every year, u hear someone who says something like, "I will never draft such and such again!" Most of the tines it is because they had him last season and he underproduced. But I think back on all the players over the years that have had a bad season, then bounced back to win championships for people the next year. How many people said something last year about never drafting Gurley or DHop again? How many Gurley and DHop owners were counting their prize money last year? I love guys who underproduce. I tend to get them the next season a couple rounds after I should.

There are guys who I think are getting over drafted right now. For instance, there are any WRs that I would take before Josh Gordon right now. But if he is there in the 13th round, I will scoop him up in a heartbeat.
Think it kind of goes without saying that if they fall into your lap, sure. If Melvin Gordan fell past the 3rd..you'd be a frickrn idiot not to take him, but everyone knows dang good and well he's not making past MAYBE halfway of the second, so the interpretation of the topic posed should really be "I'll never draft xxxx... where they normally get drafted"
Of course we'll take those guys if the value jumps up and punches is in the face. Some will require a greater punch than others though (I literally won't draft CJ Anderson if he's there in the 17th..its the principal of the thing)

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm taking a chance this year and going to keep harping about McCarthy and the RB by committee he is screaming about. then drafting Aaron Jones late

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking a chance this year and going to keep harping about McCarthy and the RB by committee he is screaming about. then drafting Aaron Jones late
I think Jones is the cream that will rise to the top but he will never get top RB touches

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it kind of goes without saying that if they fall into your lap, sure. If Melvin Gordan fell past the 3rd..you'd be a frickrn idiot not to take him, but everyone knows dang good and well he's not making past MAYBE halfway of the second, so the interpretation of the topic posed should really be "I'll never draft xxxx... where they normally get drafted"
Of course we'll take those guys if the value jumps up and punches is in the face. Some will require a greater punch than others though (I literally won't draft CJ Anderson if he's there in the 17th..its the principal of the thing)
You certainly are consistent on your 'hate' list - - as well as your 'love' list.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Jones is the cream that will rise to the top but he will never get top RB touches

Agreed with both of y'all

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this more as, "Players I won't own in any redraft league because I refuse to draft them anywhere near where they are being drafted":

QB's - they've all been falling so far in drafts that it's really hard to put anybody here.

RB's - Jerick Mckinnon - never trust a lifetime backup that was really more of a 3rd down back and is now all of the sudden going to be the man elsewhere. No way I'm paying a 3rd round price for that shit.

Alvin Kamara - sorry, but unless it's PPR I'm not using a first round pick on a guy that's going to get 15 touches a game with no chance to keep up his touchdown percentage from last year. I don't care if Ingram misses the first 4 games.

Saquon Barkley - I've always been about the safest pick possible in the first round, so there's no way possible I'll own a guy that hasn't taken a snap yet there.

Joe Mixon - No way I'm spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a guy that's the 2nd best running back on his own team.

Rashaad Penny - I know Harold loves him because he's a Seahawk, but their offensive line is terrible.

Oakland running backs - Lynch is horrible for Gruden's system and the rest of them suck ass.

WR's - Julio Jones - Sorry but all this shit in training camp is going to be a distraction if he's even still playing for the Falcons.

Tyreek Hill - He could be great, but the fear of Mahomes coming into that system and Sammy Watkins coming in will probably take Hill's numbers down some so I just wouldn't draft him as high as he's going.

Josh Gordon - He's way too much of an idiot to actually play 16 games.

TE's - Gronk - I've never paid the price to own him in redraft and still won't. Never like the way my team looks if I go tight end in the first three rounds.

Trey Burton - Everybody else is way more convinced than I am that he will be good. There seems to be a lot of great talk coming out of Chicago, but all the guys that catch the ball can't be good.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth I stopped drafting Ryan Getzlaf years ago in hockey...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate all of the interpretations you guys have offered in renaming the thread.

And as much as you all bring up valid points about value vs ADP, etc., I know that we've all gotten to a point in a draft where options are thinning out and there's a player available and you just can't bring yourself to pull the trigger. Or you outright refuse to.

Geeze Treff, is there anyone left on your list?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate all of the interpretations you guys have offered in renaming the thread.

And as much as you all bring up valid points about value vs ADP, etc., I know that we've all gotten to a point in a draft where options are thinning out and there's a player available and you just can't bring yourself to pull the trigger. Or you outright refuse to.

Geeze Treff, is there anyone left on your list?
A few...