• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hauvster's Rainy Day Thread

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets see how much I was right about.

Joe Mauer- I said at the start of the season Joe was undependable. Always hurt and virtually zero power. Look what has happened.

Justin Morneau- i said this guy would fail miserably early, then suddenly be hurt, then miss the rest of the season and fans would give him a free pass. Wow. I'm a prophet.

Frankie Liriano- I said he was not an ace. That his 14-8 record was about the best you could hope for. But he was mentally weak and you could not trust him to be consistant. I think I nailed that too.

Matt Capps- I looked past all his saves last season and said this guy doesnt have the stuff to dominate as a closer. He puts too many runners on base and a closer just cant do that. last season he seemed to escape alot of bad innings. This year, not so. I also said he didnt have the toughness. Guess what?

Drew Butera- I told you all Gardenhire would find time to play this guy, and this guy really blows. No bat, hardly adequate behind the plate. Yes, Joe was hurt, but so what. I said he was going to play alot and stink and it has happened.

Nishioka- The day we signed him I said he was a huge risk we knew nothing about. The report was he was a slap hitter with little speed. I thought we were better off with Hudson. Haha what do you think now?

DYoung- I was not sold on this guy, even after last year. I wanted to believe, if he got the at bats, he could produce, but I really think we can do better than him. Injuries got in the way, though. I still dont think he is a great player, but lets make this one a push.

Danny V- I have a ton of faith in this kid. I think he is going to be great. he has not disappointed. A bit of a sophmore slump, but he is as keeper.

Nick Blackburn- Blah, you know the score.

I dont know, but it sure seems I had a much better feel for the flux of this team than most of you folks who hate me saying what I say. Seems I got an awful lot right. I see things none of you seem to notice. Rather than mock me and harrass me for what I see, take note. Its easy to get blinded by unconditional support. I dont have that problem. My predictions might have been negative, but they were pretty good calls coming out of spring training.
Hate me if you must, but I WAS right. Yes, its my low self esteem talking. Gotta build myself up. My lack of character forces me to continually strive to be accepted haha whatever dude. Funny stuff.

PS- Anyone remember the predictions I got wrong? My low self esteem wont allow me to admit them. Can you help me grow as a person? Haha you kill me man, you kill me :tea:

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like the Twins have found their groove. If we do win the division, it will be with no room to spare, and with a pretty mediocre record. But the Tigers have owned us this year. Might be hard to manage.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I assume you were directing your Mike Cuddyer comments at me.

Well, lets just review Mike's career for a moment.

In 2004 and 2005, avg around 400 at bats, they guy hits 12 homers, drove in just over 40 runs, hit 263. Not terrible, but really, not that impressive.

Now, in 2006, he had a break out season. If my numbers are wrong, I'm going from memory here, but it was like 32 homers, 107 runs in, and 270 plus avg. Thats pretty respectable.

In 2007 he regressed. He had trouble with men on base, lost some of his power and really had a mediocre season. But you see, the issue now is that he has a huge contract. You cant sign them go medicore. What was it? 16 homers, 81 rbi, 278 avg? Not terrible, but certainly nothing to brag on.

2008 was just a wasted year, injuries and such. So 2 years of big money and nothing in return. You know thats the kind of stuff that grabs my attention.

In 2009, he comes back big. He WAS the key to that season working, imo. What was it? 28 homers, 96 rbi, 281 avg. I can live with that.

2010, he really killed us again with runners on. He hit in the 4th spot for nearly 3 months and all he could do was 81 rbi? His power was low again with only 16 dingers. His avg medicore.

This year he has stepped up, again being the main cog in any success we have had. Looks like he will end up with homers in the high 20's, has a shot at 100 rbi, and if he hits over 300, thats 30 points higher than his career. Team MVP? The only one who can compete is Danny V, and, even as much as I like Danny, I have to give the nod to Mike. League MVP? Sorry, no.

All in all, Mike has been mostly mediocre, with every couple years producing a big season. Would that be safe to say? For the money he makes, he aught to produce every year, imo. So what do I need to apologize for saying? I think if his contract is down sized a bit, he is a good keep. But 12 mill a year, nah, I cant buy it unless he produces regularly. So no, I am not freaking out in my "prison" over Mikey's success.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But I have about had it with Liriano. He just isnt the kid that came up in 06. Its sad, but its time to move on. A change of scenery might even be what he needs, and maybe we can get something in return. Pull that trigger please.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we dont get hot this month, and get ourselves close to 500, I think this will be it for us this year. I dont see a 16-4 closing like we had in 09. I could be wrong, but I wouldnt bet on it.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, looks like this fight is dead. Mikey is going to test the market. Without some serious dead wt cut, there is no way the Twins can afford what he will command. Not saying I would want to see them pay it, just saying it will be too much when you consider Mauer and Morneau as well. I think 12 mill is too much right now. But I was still in limbo as to who should man first.

Morneau is gone, or atleast he needs to be. But what of Mauer? He wont be catching on any regular basis. I know others disagree, but time will tell. So someone needed to be at first. I always thought the Twins would retain Mauer just because they need the franchise face (thats for your Jr21). But had they chose differently, and sent Mauer to NY or something, then Mikey would have had 1st to himself. Looks like the market will make it Mauer at first next year. I was kinda thinking Mauer should be in right. Mikey at first.
Maybe playing a relaxing position like right might keep him playing regularly, and maybe he surprises me and has a power year. Live up to the money. Next season will be interesting, thats for sure. :drama:

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stealthy _H = Bump, not me tool. You are so easily fooled.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baker is on tonight. Thats good to see. I am pleased with his performance this season. Lets hope this is him stepping up to the next level. Lord knows we need it. Dont talk mean about Porky or Fluffy.:boxing:

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I spoke too soon. Man, this is begining to hurt. If you thought I was wrong about Gardenhire before, maybe you should re-evaluate. But I have a feeling that this will all be over soon.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some funny comments on Faux. You fellas can keep reporting me, and having me deleted and whatnot, but it seems my PoV's are well supported by others on the site. Especially when my nicknames are used extensively. It makes me laugh.

When others can speak as I use to, and remain, it shows me that your attacks on me are personal. It tells me alot about your character when a dissenting PoV is such a threat. You should all be ashamed. But enjoy :p
Things have a way of working themselves out.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You really need to wonder why we have had soo many injuries. I know they are a part of the game, but truly, is it this big a problem? These guys really need to be in better shape before ST. They need to take their jobs seriously.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was told recently "show me the video of Gardnehire beating on Billy Smith's desk, demanding he trade Matty G, Crain and Rauch".

I say, "Show me the video of Gardenhire beating on Billy Smith's desk, demanding that he keep them".

Yea, stupid.

Listen, here is how I believe things work. Pohlads tell Billy how much he can spend. If there is a high priced guy avaliable, I am sure he has to clear it with them. I am also sure he communicates with Gardenhire about what the team needs, who he feels is a plus and who isnt. And based upon that imput, he does what he does.

Maybe he lets some walk based on what he has heard about, oh lets say, their clubhouse demeanor, their work ethics, their upside, their leadership. By the same token, maybe he throws down big numbers to those he hears those qualities about, only, in the positive. But its irresponsible to suggest that gardenhire has zero imput into roster moves on this team.

If that were really the case, if BS really didnt bother to consult with RG, or flat out doesnt care to listen to him concerning the roster, then Gardenhire is better off getting out of there because BS has no respect for him. Thats how I would feel if my boss treated my insight that way. And I dont buy it.

I think players like Butera, Punto, Tolbert, Blackburn and the like are continually supported by their fatso boss, even to the detriment of the team. So when he finally gets the boot, it will be long in coming. It has always been Gardenhire that made out the roster, putting those guy in to play. I am sure his imput had alot to do with some of the departures we have seen of players we all liked and thought had big upside. I have said all of this for 3 years running, and it looks like the Pohlads have wised up.

I hated that this team was never ready to play. I hated the way Gardenhire worked the pitching staff. He has no feel for whats happening most of the time. But most of all, I hated what he cost us on the roster by supporting players that had no business being in the majors. I hated the way he managed the game with runners on base. His moves constantly blew me away with his lack of insight to things that jumped out at me. I hated his philosophy of rotating players and giving his best players so much time off. To keep em fresh for that 3 game playoff at the end of the season...whoop!

If you get the axe, fatman, I will not miss you. You have earned it multiple times over. When you are gone, Tolbert and Butera will be gone with you. Morneau is history (thank god), and Cuddyer will sign elsewhere (hmm). Joe will stay because we wont get any offers, and that whole starting rotation can be traded away. I'm not sure what tomorrow brings, but I will take a fresh leader over the stale same ol same ol fatman. I will take some young guys with potential and accept their failures as they find themselves.

This all needs to happen if this team ever wants to win anything again. Could I be wrong? Sure, but if Porky gets terminated we will then see if I have any credibility at all. I am actually excited. With all the money we could save from getting rid of dead weight, we could bring in some young talent to go with what we have. And if there is a God, and he lets Joe Mauer hit like he did in 2009, who knows what will happen. But best of all, if Porky is gone, I cant call him porky anymore, and some of you thin skinned folks wont need to cry about my lack of respect. What a HUGE bonus huh?:squeeze:

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Finally, the true colors come out. I always knew it. Yes, I am right once again.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am waiting. Where are you? Come out, come out....dont be afraid.

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another beating at the hands of the Yankees. For some reason, I cant even get worked up over it. How can this be? Its like playing the Cowboys.....I'm always ready to kick their asses. My spirit is tired already. Dont have it in me. What a sorry state of affairs.