• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has your opinion changed on JT Barrett?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his last performance, hard to argue against replacing him?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea from the wording of your question what you are getting at.

I never wanted him benched. I still don't.

He gives the Buckeyes the best chance to win of all the qb's on the roster.

The end.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his last performance, hard to argue against replacing him?

You mean hard to argue for replacing him?

I was never fully aboard the bench JT train. Have to admit, I was very close, but I kept telling myself to trust the coaching staff. They know what they are doing, and it wasn't all on JT. Plus, we have all seen what he could do when he is playing to his potential.

No idea what the exact cause of his slump was. Was it all confidence? Overthinking? Just never being able to get in sync with all the different receiving options the coaches were throwing in? Whatever it was, I'm glad it seems to be over.

I stated this in the Game thread after I got a chance to sit down and watch the whole game, but it wasn't like Barrett was hitting wide open receivers like when we were playing the lesser teams before this. He was fitting the ball in tight zones over the top and in between multiple defenders. He was quickly moving through his progressions instead of lingering on one or two, and his feet were firmly planted, there was hardly any dancing.

The rest of this year is gonna be a lot of fun if he continues.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea from the wording of your question what you are getting at.

I never wanted him benched. I still don't.

He gives the Buckeyes the best chance to win of all the qb's on the roster.

The end.
It was from the persperspective of wanting to see what we had on the bench before his psu performance

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean hard to argue for replacing him?

I was never fully aboard the bench JT train. Have to admit, I was very close, but I kept telling myself to trust the coaching staff. They know what they are doing, and it wasn't all on JT. Plus, we have all seen what he could do when he is playing to his potential.

No idea what the exact cause of his slump was. Was it all confidence? Overthinking? Just never being able to get in sync with all the different receiving options the coaches were throwing in? Whatever it was, I'm glad it seems to be over.

I stated this in the Game thread after I got a chance to sit down and watch the whole game, but it wasn't like Barrett was hitting wide open receivers like when we were playing the lesser teams before this. He was fitting the ball in tight zones over the top and in between multiple defenders. He was quickly moving through his progressions instead of lingering on one or two, and his feet were firmly planted, there was hardly any dancing.

The rest of this year is gonna be a lot of fun if he continues.
Agree it should be fun. I think there had to have been a learning curve with Wilson calling the plays. I hope. I really like Barrett and want to see him lead us to the playoffs. The rest is gravy as long as we don't get embarrassed like the Clemson game.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping this brings him and the whole offense out of the funk theyve experienced the last times out against top teams/good defenses.

The coaching staff is just as much to blame for JTs poor performances in that stretch up to this PSU game. Ive always said that. Meh playcalling and lodging it into JTs head that he has to be a pocket passer. The WRs actually finally stepped up for the first time in quite a bit against a quality opponent here as well.

That being said I could sure go without ever seeing one of those awful slow developing swing passes ever again. Lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...I don't know about the question but I do know that the Buckeyes needed that performance badly and J.T. stepped up huge. That was the best performance of his career, without a doubt. I was amazed at some of those throws, hopefully he keeps it. He just seems more in tune with his weapons on offense and guys are stepping up for him. It is good to see bc it has been so long since we have seen this offense play like that in a big game.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, KJ Hill had a few mental mistakes that were worrying. Luckily they didnt cost us too much.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT has become the same JT from his freshman season. He looks confident on his passing game now and he looks like he is more aware of his surrounding. More important, he is starting to trust his WRs. He has grown quite a bit in his last few games and we have to recognize the men who have helped him of Wilson and Day.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nice to JT mail g such confident throws. It looked like everyone was on the same page.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know why dobbins sat out the first half?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, KJ Hill had a few mental mistakes that were worrying. Luckily they didnt cost us too much.

He did but he has also been one the receivers who have stepped up the most.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true

Jonny Dixon finally paid off last game

Dixon, Mclaurin, and Hill all seem to be really getting in sync with JT. Mix in Victor and Mack as well and Campbell when he is healthy.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes mac was impressive as well