• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has there ever been a cover version that completely changed your opinion of a song?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never really a big fan of the Led Zeppelin song 'Dancing Days', I didn't hate it, I just felt it was..meh and would usually skip it when it came on.

But, after hearing Stone Temple Pilots cover version of it, I thought their version was much better and began to really like the song. Although I prefer the STP version, I do appreciate the original Zeppelin version much more now.

No.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall it ever happened until I heard this today.

There's been songs that I didn't like, but thought could be good if done by the right artist, but I hated Crystal Gale's original version of this song, and really saw no potential in it. And it's not a not on Crystal, I like a lot of her work.

But then I heard COdy Jinks' version this morning, and I fell in love with it, and really, it made me appreciate the original version more.

Yall have any similar experiences?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolz.

There’s no appreciable difference between the two versions.

go-away.gif

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, the infamous Memorial Day Dick Massacre scene from the Raw Bee family video vault. It's a shame your dad blew his schvanz off before he soiled this world with his seed.

giphy.gif

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canadian jazz guitarist Lenny Breau has some songs that change my opinion of them. Definitely his version of "King Of The Road" (can't be found on youtube anymore).

There's actually quite a number of jazz versions of songs that are really cool, compared to the original.