• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hartnett: Pouliot Finally Finds Home in New York; Must Be Re-Signed

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once considered wiry and lazy by critics, Pouliot has learned to use his 6-foot-3 frame to cause traffic in front of net and win battles for the puck.

“He’s been playing awesome for us,” Brassard said earlier this season. “He’s a big body, he skates well, he goes to the front of the net, he wins a lot of pucks and he’s been doing a really good job at it.”

In the summer, Glen Sather wisely took a low-risk, one-year, $1.3 million roll of the dice on Pouliot. It’s a decision that has paid off big-time for the Blueshirts.

It’s of importance for Sather to re-sign Pouliot given his successful contributions. Why break up a good thing?

Sather understandably has plenty important tasks to address in the offseason. One of them is keeping the Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello line intact for seasons to come.

The each of the trio’s contracts are expiring at the end of the season and are each due a raise. Pouliot is an upcoming unrestricted free agent, while Zuccarello and Brassard are both restricted free agents.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04/...rue-no-1-line/

I agree with him. He's been solid with Brassard and Zuccarello. Getting PP time and he's producing on it. I definitely think he should be given a two-year extension, i'm not sure i'd go more than that, for now.​

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but only about 2 mil a year tops. Anything more is a waste of money, he is having a break out year but big bodied power forwards are not hard to come by. That is why we traded Cally he wanted more then what he can provide.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wouldn't say breakout, he's scored 20 goals as a member of the Lightning. But no more than 2M and two-years. Agreed