• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harrison Beck

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a nobody no matter where he goes. Also his Chipotle order didn't have enough lard and cracklin in it so he's pissed

My HS QB signed a scholarship to Nebraska and couldn't make it at the that level. He had it all, state Class A championship, prom king, yada yada. When I got out of the military some 8 years later, I came back home and was at a local pub visiting old friends. Someone pointed him out sitting by himself at the end of the bar. He ran a house painting company and that was his spot every day after work. I didn't even recognize him. He was an obese alcoholic and had pretty much worn out everyone's ears with his high school memories of success. However, he wasn't an asshole and still had friends who would occasionally buy him a beer. He died in his late 40's from sclerosis.

By all appearance Beck has burned any hometown bridges being a failure and a douchebag.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's living in a world of delusion.

"As an adult, Beck has reinvented himself as an entrepreneur in Dallas. If he can’t be a famous quarterback, Beck said, he’s going to be like the founder of Uber.

He named his business “Cleanosaur.” He connects housekeepers with homes and businesses that need cleaning. Pretend you’re a college kid whose mom is coming to town, Beck said.

“You have your Bud Light beer can Christmas tree up. You can just request a Cleanosaur to show up and the cleaner will spend an hour, clean up your dorm room and your mom will show up and be like, ‘Wow, Greg, you’re so clean, man. What did you do?’ They’ll be like, ‘Cleanosaur!’ ”

When co-workers Google him, they often find 15 pages of old Husker articles. Beck tells a lot of stories."

Chatelain: Once the future of Nebraska football, ex-QB Harrison Beck grew tired of waiting

I know people who operate their own housecleaning companies. They charge about $40-$50 a visit. Difference is they do the cleaning themselves. He's paying employee wages which takes his scratch down to probably a taxable $35 per house at best. If they are legit full time employees he also has to pay federal and state unemployment insurance on them. Say he gets 10 houses per day. Taxable $350 per day or appx $127,000 a year. Is that even middle class in Dallas?

Not to mention one of the first things people cut out of their budget when the economy sours is conveniences such as house cleaning services. They just do it themselves and use the savings for going out to eat, the movies, or just paying basic necessity bills.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except i think his cleaning company isn't a cleaning company. I think its just a service that matches clients with other cleaning companies.

riiiiiiiiight

y69g1Lr.gif

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holee shet. I initially thought that was a 45 year old alcoholic doing a Harrison Beck impression. He looks like he fell out of the bitter tree into a pile of rancid cookie dough.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I can't even remember when this guy played. There is absolutely nothing I can recall, other than his name. Was he there 4 years or did he transfer? Who was the coach?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I can't even remember when this guy played. There is absolutely nothing I can recall, other than his name. Was he there 4 years or did he transfer? Who was the coach?

that list of great QB's that didn't play at Nebraska would take all night to post

Johnny Stanton
Harrison Beck
Bubba Starling

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He enrolled in 2005, so would that be Callahan I believe, 142 ranked player in country and was recruited by all big FL schools and Michigan, Threw one pass at Nebraska and then transferred to NC State and sucked there too.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He enrolled in 2005, so would that be Callahan I believe, 142 ranked player in country and was recruited by all big FL schools and Michigan, Threw one pass at Nebraska and then transferred to NC State and sucked there too.
Thanks I guess I could have Googled it, but that would have gone against my lazy life style.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then suddenly, on Aug. 4, 2006, Beck walked out of practice and never came back.

“I didn’t decide to transfer; I fired Nebraska,” Beck said. “I basically said, ‘You’re fired,’ like Donald Trump, and I laughed.”

After walking out of practice, Beck packed up his things and immediately drove home to Tampa Bay, Florida. Three days later, he was granted release from his scholarship, unceremoniously ending a Nebraska career that began with tremendous promise.

“I would’ve had a lot of success if I stayed at Nebraska, no questions asked,” Beck said. “I probably would have led Nebraska to a national title.”

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then suddenly, on Aug. 4, 2006, Beck walked out of practice and never came back.

“I didn’t decide to transfer; I fired Nebraska,” Beck said. “I basically said, ‘You’re fired,’ like Donald Trump, and I laughed.”

After walking out of practice, Beck packed up his things and immediately drove home to Tampa Bay, Florida. Three days later, he was granted release from his scholarship, unceremoniously ending a Nebraska career that began with tremendous promise.

“I would’ve had a lot of success if I stayed at Nebraska, no questions asked,” Beck said. “I probably would have led Nebraska to a national title.”

Actual footage of that interview

6A9922DA-C1A4-4A42-AA7F-E4ECA29A936E.gif