• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harper/Machado Chatter

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The closer we get to the end of the 2018 season, the more articles and posts appear about the free agent class, and the ability the Yankees will have to do whatever they feel like. Their projected payroll for the 2019 season as of right now is around $60 million. I go back and forth on what I wish for, but it seems to me that if the Yankees find themselves in a situation where they must spend 400 million dollars on one player or close to a billion dollars on two, that will mean that things have gone horribly wrong with the rebuild.

So far, Gary Sanchez, Greg Bird, and Aaron Judge have all shown signs they are legit long term options, and they have a dozen more prospects in the pipeline, one would think that at least one or two of them should pan out. As of this morning (and again I go back and forth) I would prefer they invest in pitching on the free agent market over the next few years and focus on developing bats. Their history of developing starting pitching sucks, and they seem to already be 3/3 from the farm with the previously mentioned 3 players. #BabyBombers