• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hardy Convicted, will appeal ...

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ecklenburg District Judge Becky Thorne Tin sentenced Hardy to a 60-day suspended sentence and 18 months’ probation on the misdemeanor charges, a punishment set aside by the appeal.

State law automatically gives those convicted of misdemeanors in a so-called bench trials a right to a jury trial in Superior Court. There, Hardy and his accusers will be judged by 12 of their peers. A unanimous verdict is required, and both sides go in knowing far more about the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence.

For now, Tuesday’s verdict raises more questions about Hardy’s long-term status with the team. He signed a $13.1 million, one-year contract with the team this spring. But character concerns have followed Hardy since high school.

Following Hardy’s arrest, the Panthers said they would defer judgment until after the trial.
... I think he will most likely be a lot cheaper next year, lol.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers and the NFL have said they will not take any action until after the appeal. Which will be some time after the upcoming season is over. The girl is suing him, gee there's a surprise, which probably means, if he would just pay her off she will go away. If he has another year like last season, this will not affect his value. Whatever team signs him will put a major conduct clause in his contract to protect themselves but he will still get paid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in open market he will prolly only get a contract like what Lamar Houston got, 6 years around 43 mil.
which is a contract he has already turned down from Carolina.

further more, i dont think he repeats last year. he prolly comes back down to a 10 or 12 sack type of player. i mean he had 11 sacks in three games last year. the meant he only had 4 in the other 13.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me, but this seems like a strange judicial setup you have in NC.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in open market he will prolly only get a contract like what Lamar Houston got, 6 years around 43 mil.
which is a contract he has already turned down from Carolina.

further more, i dont think he repeats last year. he prolly comes back down to a 10 or 12 sack type of player. i mean he had 11 sacks in three games last year. the meant he only had 4 in the other 13.

Yeah, Kraken benefits from the pressure up the middle, since we've shored up our DT rotation, and have Luke. Leaves our DE's free to pursue. If we have someone out there who's physical, with speed off the edge, we'll be ok. Ealy is intriguing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Kraken benefits from the pressure up the middle, since we've shored up our DT rotation, and have Luke. Leaves our DE's free to pursue. If we have someone out there who's physical, with speed off the edge, we'll be ok. Ealy is intriguing.

i believe that may be the reason for the Ealy pick, that and Frank Alexander not performing at all last year.