• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hamburger Recipe Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like you need a hug and some time with the grill. :hug:
tumblr_m8rsunvY2D1qd37cs.gif

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every now and then, when I'm feeling frisky, I will fine chop one piece of raw bacon and mix it right in with the raw burger. A piece per burger.

Bacon in every bite, without hurting yer teeth or making yer burger a giant mess. It's pretty dang good.
I cook the bacon first, rest and chop, then add to my burger blends...Much safer and you don't have to cook burger well done to make sure the raw bacon is cooked all the way through....I do a chuck, short rib and brisket blend.....I partially freeze the meat before grinding and freeze the metal parts of my grinder so it doesn't turn into a paste.....I get my meats at Costco or when I'm lazy I just grab some Pat LaFrieda burgers which are awesome.....Sea salt n pepper on the burger before grilling or on a cast iron which gives a nice crust.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't tried it yet, but sounds intriguing - 50/50 mix of 80/20 and ground pork belly. Essentially bacon in the burger, but not in normal bacon form. Depending on the fat in that pork belly, could go leaner on the beef...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wad a bunch of oregon bleu cheese in the middle of your preferred meat patty, season and grill…you won't be disappointed.

There are quite a few tasty things you can put in the middle like that, but Bleu cheese is def one of the best!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always aim for charcoal vs gas, but if time is an issue do whatchu gotta do. Smokers are much more desirable.

Patties:
  • 80/20 beef
  • Worcestershire (about 1 tablespoon per patty, most drips out with the fat during cooking and never overwhelms it)
  • Seasoning Salt (Lawry's)
  • HEAVY amount of Black Pepper
  • 1-3 eggs depending on the amount of beef.

Bun:
Can't go wrong. Typically go for wheat buns at home because its healthier & I like the taste. But I'd never discriminate elsewhere.

Cheese:
Love me some pepperjack, but won't say no to any others. Swiss, cheddar, blue. Just depends on the style you're goin for.

Notes:
  • Always chill the patties before hitting the grill. Easier grilling & gives the W-sauce & salts time to set into the meat as well. I like to lay them out on baking sheets with parchment paper separating the stacks. Easier as opposed to bagging them individually & less trash waste. Does require more room in the fridge though. If time is an issue then freeze them for 10-15mins.
  • Don't flip the patties more than once. If you have to then you're doing it wrong.
  • I typically don't integrate any sausage, onions, bacon or peppers into the meats if I'm bbq-ing for guests. If its just for me then I will always put chopped peppers into the patties because I like it spicy. I have experimented with sausage with great results. Always serve sauces & toppings as sides to suit everyone's needs for a family BBQ. Its extra work but always worthwhile to grill onions & bacon as a side topper. I'll usually put a 1/2 pound of bacon & 1/2 sliced onion wrapped in tin foil on the grill. I'll do the other halves in a separate pouch. The onions will caramelize in the bacon fat for added flavor. Be very careful handling it off the grill since it holds all the grease.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My go-to when grilling for myself:

2 Patties:
  • 80/20 beef
  • Chopped hot pepper (habanero, jalapeno, serrano, or orange-scotch bonnets depends on whats ready in the garden)
  • Worcestershire
  • Overwhelm the beef with black pepper
  • Lawry's seasoning salt
  • 1 egg
Bun:
Wheat

Cheese:
Pepperjack

Sauce:
I put Sriracha on the bottom bun to go underneath the patty. Brings added heat & flavor. Spicy BBQ sauce on the top bun.

Toppings:
  • Onion
  • Tomato
  • Bacon, if I have it

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing too fancy...mix some BBQ sauce and onions in with the ground beef. On top: sharp white cheddar, tomatoes, ketchup, lettuce, and a couple rings of onions.

The most important part of the recipe: Beer in hand. If you miss out on this part you've ruined the burger.