• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Halloween (2018)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halloween (2018):

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea they were making another one.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll eventually watch it at some point. Either I missed him or I guess Danny McBride wasn't in the preview at all.
Also, Michael moves around pretty good for a guy that's in his late 50's/early 60's.

Last edited:

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i saw the title, i was thinking they're doing this shit again? but after watching the trailer I think it has potential. like seeing will patton and toby huss in it, feel they're underrated. Judy Greer appears to be top billed, which seems odd to me, he's coming after Jamie's 40 year old daughter?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll eventually watch it at some point. Either I missed him or I guess Danny McBride wasn't in the preview at all.
other than screenplay, he's not listed as an actor for the movie at this point. might have an uncredited small role.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than screenplay, he's not listed as an actor for the movie at this point. might have an uncredited small role.
My mistake. Just rewatched it and I saw Jamie Lee Curtis' name there at 2:41 when I paused it. Then realized that they were all likely Executive Producers as well and just underneath John Carpenter.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. Just rewatched it and I saw Jamie Lee Curtis' name there at 2:41 when I paused it. Then realized that they were all likely Executive Producers as well and just underneath John Carpenter.
it sounds like he was more than an EP, though. i have more hope for this than i do for the Zombie reboot. Fuck if that guy didn't get worse with every movie he made. I'd say at some point stop putting your wife in the movie, but they would have been shit anyway.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it sounds like he was more than an EP, though. i have more hope for this than i do for the Zombie reboot. Fuck if that guy didn't get worse with every movie he made. I'd say at some point stop putting your wife in the movie, but they would have been shit anyway.
I enjoyed Rob Zombie's first Halloween movie for what it was. But that second one was definitely horrible.
Rob definitely puts his favorites in most of his films like his wife, Sid Haig and Malcolm McDowell.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed Rob Zombie's first Halloween movie for what it was. But that second one was definitely horrible.
Rob definitely puts his favorites in most of his films like his wife, Sid Haig and Malcolm McDowell.
still can't get over the second halloween (the first was okay) but making Loomis to be some PR whore, completely lost me.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still can't get over the second halloween (the first was okay) but making Loomis to be some PR whore, completely lost me.

I think it's been said that Rob didn't want to do a Halloween 2 but the studio forced him so he just didn't give a shit and let it be terrible.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i saw the title, i was thinking they're doing this shit again? but after watching the trailer I think it has potential. like seeing will patton and toby huss in it, feel they're underrated. Judy Greer appears to be top billed, which seems odd to me, he's coming after Jamie's 40 year old daughter?

I think he's coming after Laurie and so her daughter and granddaughter are just part of it. And as for Greer being top billed, where did you see the cast list at? If it was IMDB they sort people by their starpower(it's what they claim anyways) so that's why she's #1. If you google it they have JLC as top billed.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's coming after Laurie and so her daughter and granddaughter are just part of it. And as for Greer being top billed, where did you see the cast list at? If it was IMDB they sort people by their starpower(it's what they claim anyways) so that's why she's #1. If you google it they have JLC as top billed.

Don't the most well-known/prominent actors and actresses get mentioned first in the opening and closing credits?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMDB credits are based on user submissions and so are sorted by whatever order those regular content contributors (who may or may not actually be involved in the movie's production) give the credits for any particular movie. Also, many movies have incomplete cast lists that get gradually updated and filled in as the movie gets ever closer to release.

That means the credit order varies from IMDB entry to IMDB entry according to the contributors. On the IMDB entries for some movies, the order matches that in actual credits of the movie. On other IMDB entries, it won't match the order in the actual credits of the movie.

Don't the most well-known/prominent actors and actresses get mentioned first in the opening and closing credits?

In general, yes, which consequently results in arguments between actors that are about equally prominent, or arguments when a less-known actor has a major role while a better-known actor has a minor role.

The order is negotiated between the actors' agents, the producers, and the studio. Ordering can often be a pretty big deal and a big sticking point (point of argumentation) during contract negotiations.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's been said that Rob didn't want to do a Halloween 2 but the studio forced him so he just didn't give a shit and let it be terrible.
Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember hearing something about that. Based on the quality of that movie, it sounds right.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more prominent “fights” for credit listing was one of the Batman movies (4?). Clooney was coming on but was not the HUGE name he is now, and Awnold was playing Mr Friese. The movie was called Batman, but Awnold got top billing.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Rob Zombie's Halloween was awesome and actually put me on the edge of my seat.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the trailer this had potential up until about 1:09 into it. Why must a bus crash and he escapes? Unrealistic.

What is so scary and intense about Halloween and Michael is the terrifying realism of it. A bus crashing and insane folks escaping is not realistic and seems like a classic horror film gimmick. Why would Michael, one of the most dangerous and craziest people in the world, even be on a bus?