• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Jeter take-down

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who thinks he's the greatest ever? He's not even top 5 in the history of his own team. As usual ole Keith is rampant with dewshbaggery. I guess his next breaking news flash will be there's some issues over in the middle east

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it. Loved it. Cannot stand the arrogance of the yankees to do this victory tour garbage. And Why in the world do teams pander to them by trotting out gifts and crap. So annoying.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're joking. Right? :twitch:

I've been a Yankee fan for 40 years and I don't know anyone who thinks he's the best player of all time. Just with the Yankees Ruth, Gehrig, Joe D, Mantle and Berra were unquestionably better and you can make arguments for a bunch of other guys. Jeter isn't in their league or the league of a Aaron, Mays, Robinson, Williams etc.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it. Loved it. Cannot stand the arrogance of the yankees to do this victory tour garbage. And Why in the world do teams pander to them by trotting out gifts and crap. So annoying.

Were you also upset when San Diego did it for Gwynn? or when Atlanta did it for Chipper? or when the Cards did it for Ozzie? Or when Baltimore did it for Ripkin?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you also upset when San Diego did it for Gwynn? or when Atlanta did it for Chipper? or when the Cards did it for Ozzie? Or when Baltimore did it for Ripkin?

Nope because I dont remember them doing that. But since its the yankees it gets shoved down our collective throats.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope because I dont remember them doing that. But since its the yankees it gets shoved down our collective throats.

They did it for all of them but for some reason it's only wrong when the Yankees do it. ell, the Mets gave Chipper Jones a gift and a farewell after he killed them for over a decade. Personally I'm not a fan of it either.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL @ pretending like this incessant glory-hounding of Mariano and Jetes is the same. One more week... :hope:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Edgar got the same send off. Jeter wasn't the greatest at a single thing he did, Edgar is the greatest DH of all time, Mickey Mantle is the only baseball player that could do what Edgar did with jacked up legs.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few fun facts about the true legacy of Jeter
* All of his gold gloves were a joke and more of a 'Most Popular Boy In High School" award.
* Has never, in any bseason, beeen the best player at his position
* Was appointed Captain on the day the Yankees arrived in Cincinnati for a series with the Reds. It was the first time the Yankees were returning to Cincy sincce losing the 1976 World Series to them. Steinbrenner wanted to distract the media from that memory so he gave them something else to write about.
* Refused to switch positions when the rreigning Gold Glove shortstop joined the Yankees in 2004.
* And finally, addressing his sexuality, let me just say this:
He's almost 40 years old
He's never been married
He's never co-habited with a woman
He's never fathered a child
No woman anywhere claims to have had sex with him.
He's been seen in public with attractive women but so were Rock Hudson, Liverace, Elton John, Ruppert Everett and Freddie Mercury

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* All of his gold gloves were a joke and more of a 'Most Popular Boy In High School" award.
* Was appointed Captain on the day the Yankees arrived in Cincinnati for a series with the Reds. It was the first time the Yankees were returning to Cincy sincce losing the 1976 World Series to them. Steinbrenner wanted to distract the media from that memory so he gave them something else to write about.
* Refused to switch positions when the rreigning Gold Glove shortstop joined the Yankees in 2004.
He's almost 40 years old
He's never been married
He's been seen in public with attractive women but so were Rock Hudson, Liverace, Elton John, Ruppert Everett and Freddie Mercury

Richard Gere married Cindy Crawford
David Bowie married Iman

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's almost 40 years old
He's never been married

No kidding, what man gives a bribe to woman after whatever goes on in that hotel room. I've heard of giving cab fare but never a rolex

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees might have had a chance to make the playoffs if Jeter would have been voluntarily moved down to the bottom of the batting order? That tells me maybe Jeter isn't so bad after all.