• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got one more for you. Davanta Freeman or jerrick mckinnon

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman

Or

McKinnon.

Keeper ppr

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
freeman, mckinnon could be huge, but after this year freeman loses coleman

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I'll be a minority here but - still Freeman for me. Close, but for me, the jury is still out on McKinney.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman for me too.
Was kind of surprised they're about the same age.
Freeman has proven himself.
And so has the offense he's part of.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going mystery box mckinnon here... 49ers are going to give him every chance to succeed, with not much behind him... Breida is not much... and he can be a PPR monster...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still drafting Freeman ahead of McK if given the chance, but all personal preference

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lean McKinnon myself. Wasn't impressed with Sarkisian (sp?) as the dirty birds OC, I'm more than sold on Shanny's system (which was what made Freeman in the first place)

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys aren't even close for me Freeman by a mile(or about 5 rounds). Mckinnion has a front loaded contract that can easily be dumped after this season.

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys aren't even close for me Freeman by a mile(or about 5 rounds). Mckinnion has a front loaded contract that can easily be dumped after this season.

contract doesn't matter... if he is good he will continue... so if you like him this season, then you are under the assumption he remains there in the future...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
contract doesn't matter... if he is good he will continue... so if you like him this season, then you are under the assumption he remains there in the future...

He isn't he's had plenty of chances

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't he's had plenty of chances

huh?? we are fantasy owners... if we are to draft the guy so high, then we clearly like the guy... so contract shouldn't be a factor... if you like the guy, then you think he will be good... and if he is good, then his contract worries won't be worries...

IF you dont like him, you are going to avoid him either way... there is plenty of reasons not to like him... but if you do, then you are ignoring contract no matter what...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh?? we are fantasy owners... if we are to draft the guy so high, then we clearly like the guy... so contract shouldn't be a factor... if you like the guy, then you think he will be good... and if he is good, then his contract worries won't be worries...

IF you dont like him, you are going to avoid him either way... there is plenty of reasons not to like him... but if you do, then you are ignoring contract no matter what...

Fantasy owners push players up their draft boards all the time based on new contracts.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy owners push players up their draft boards all the time based on new contracts.

not my point... and i am not being clear about this... you said not to take Mckinnon because of his front loaded contract... Contracts do sometimes help us predict a players performance, especially when a player is playing for his contract... But you have to be sold on the player in the first place... you always are under the assumption that a players performance is going to create their contract... so if you like a player then contract is not much of a factor, and if that player does well then he has will keep his role, even if his contract makes him expendable...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the reasons i wouldn't take him over Freeman, but my personal ranking is the main one

this is how i look at this decision in a keeper

Freeman
late 2nd round value
Solid contract that should keep him in ATL for at least 2 or 3 seasons
Had success in multiple offensive schemes
Some injury concern
26 years old

McKinnion
7th round value(obviously some people disagree i've seen him drafted as high as 2nd)
1 year contract with 3 team options years added on
Has had a couple decent games, but was out performed by Asiata head to head and Shanahan likes to use a 3 headed monster at RB
No injury concerns
also 26

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the reasons i wouldn't take him over Freeman, but my personal ranking is the main one

this is how i look at this decision in a keeper

Freeman
late 2nd round value
Solid contract that should keep him in ATL for at least 2 or 3 seasons
Had success in multiple offensive schemes
Some injury concern
26 years old

McKinnion
7th round value(obviously some people disagree i've seen him drafted as high as 2nd)
1 year contract with 3 team options years added on
Has had a couple decent games, but was out performed by Asiata head to head and Shanahan likes to use a 3 headed monster at RB
No injury concerns
also 26
damn 7th round...that's harsh

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually very surprised that it wasn't just me alone on Freeman, with all the hype on McKinnon. Actually think Jerick does very well with Shanny, but I'm not the risk taker others are.... I will say this, I would make an effort to get Coleman as well. Even if he leaves ATL next yr (and maybe because) he's a very valuable asset just in case.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman!

Both have injury risk, but I'm still not sold on McKinnon. He has been given the chance of a lead role many times and failed to live up to it. He's more of a complimentary style RB that is easily replaceable. Maybe in the right system he will find better success, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I doubt he even holds the highest snap count in SF by season's end.

Freeman is proven, and seems to always provide great numbers & value on a weekly basis. Not to mention ATL has already dished out the $$$ and put him under contract THROUGH 2022, so he's likely not going anywhere any time soon. They have a decision to make on Tevin Coleman soon, but I think Freeman's contract will ultimately provide him security. Unless he injures himself this season and they trade him away.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman!

Both have injury risk, but I'm still not sold on McKinnon. He has been given the chance of a lead role many times and failed to live up to it. He's more of a complimentary style RB that is easily replaceable. Maybe in the right system he will find better success, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I doubt he even holds the highest snap count in SF by season's end.

Freeman is proven, and seems to always provide great numbers & value on a weekly basis. Not to mention ATL has already dished out the $$$ and put him under contract THROUGH 2022, so he's likely not going anywhere any time soon. They have a decision to make on Tevin Coleman soon, but I think Freeman's contract will ultimately provide him security. Unless he injures himself this season and they trade him away.
While that's all true...his opportunities came in a system designed for Adrian Peterson...mostly. He did quite well once given the shot in a system designed for Dalvin Cook. His game is Taylor made for the things Shanny likes to do..much like Freeman's is.

I sure ain't saying that your wrong, just that it isn't so cut and dry. His previous 4 years isn't an apples to apples type equation.

A hybrid type back landing in a system like that coming from a primarily straight ahead power game, is similar to say a WR from Cleveland landing in New England, or New Orleans. Its a world of difference