• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Luck vs The Pats

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills Dline could give the Pats problems if they play the run nearly as well as they play the pass. The Bills can expect the Pats to run right at them because the Pats WR's are unproven in the NFL (other than Amendola) & stopping the run was a weakness last year for the Bills. I think if your team's secondary keeps Amendola from having a good game then that will help your chances alot. The Pats are beatable. Detroit has a good Dline & look what happened in the first half of that preseason game. On offense: I like EJ Manuel at QB for your team & also the new additions at WR are solid, to go along with Stevie's Johnson's talents. I think most of the country, with Miami included, is tired of seeing the Pats win the Division. Good Luck.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of the country, with Miami included, is tired of seeing the Pats win the Division. Good Luck.

Funny, I never tire of it...just losing Superbowls!

Good luck Bills; let's just hope for a great game and no injuries~

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of the country, with Miami included, is tired of seeing the Pats win the Division. Good Luck.

Funny, I never tire of it...just losing Superbowls!

Good luck Bills; let's just hope for a great game and no injuries~

NEhomer, as I think about it, it's actually been entertaining to watch the Pats lose in Superbowls. I wouldn't count on them getting to a superbowl this year though. What a history for the Pats, no Superbowl wins in 8 years, the cheating scandel (no superbowls since then btw (maybe it's a coincidence?) Multiple players with current legal problems. Any news on Dennard? He assualted a cop before the Pats drafted him. He's got a court appearance coming up soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins, of course you enjoy watching the top dog lose. That's understandable but if you'd like to elevate yourself above troll level, you'll drop the tired-assed spygate shit. I've typed it out before but since this is a new board to me, I'll do it once more for your benefit.

In early '07 Mangina caught the Pats filming like every other teams does. This time, they were in the wrong place and Eric's a big pussy. It's a rules violation, not cheating. If the practice of taping signals was illegal and only the Pats were doing it, that would be different. It is perfectly legal to tape signals and many teams do it. It is against the rules to hold. Do you consider a player who holds to be a cheater? I don't. If holding was not part and parcel to the game of football, then it would be cheating. Same as signal taping.

Secondly and perhaps more importantly, IF following the discovery of this taping, the Patriots winning record had fallen way off, then that too would be different. In fact, the very season they were "caught" and admonished, they had a perfect regular season. If for the next 6 seasons, they fell to 9-7 records and such, you might be able to stick this shit to the wall but you can't. ONE catch by Wes Welker or one drop by David Tyree and you probably couldn't use your tired they-haven't-won-a-SB-since-spygate mantra. The great majority of teams haven't won it since then. You cannot claim a wide phenomenon when one football play can shoot a huge hole in said claim.

2007 16-0
2008 11-5
2009 10-6
2010 14-2
2011 13-3
2012 14-2

This is not the record of a team that needs to cheat to win.

That aside, your next level of troll is to denigrate the character of the Pats players. On this you have something. Yes, to consistently win in the the salary cap era the Patriots do indeed sign players who are skilled but fall down the draft ladder as a result of off the field crap. In general, those players have turned things around but yes, taking chances on character is part of the strategy the Pats organization uses to stay on top. Didn't work out too well with Hernandez. Is that really all you got though?

Ok, enough of that. I fully expect the usual neener neener I-can't-hear-you-spygate-spygate-spygate response. Perhaps you'll prove me wrong and actually read what I typed.

New Topic - I have a buddy at work who's a Bills fan and we were just chatting. I congratulated him on all the great stuff the Bills can take from that game yesterday. After the first quarter, Manuel more than settled down. The kid looked real promising. You knew BB was gonna shut down Spiller and make E.J. do the job and he damn near did. I know Bills fans are disappointed about the loss but as I did with my friend, dare I say that motivation-wise for the Bills players, this may have been the better outcome. I think we should have beaten those bastards is better than look at us, we knocked off the Pats. Some teams have had let-downs following a big early win.

The Bills defensive line was crushing and if Manuel matures properly, y'all may have a Russel Wilson or Colin Kapernick on your hands. Perhaps even a 2001 Brady. Who knows but I think the kid surprised everyone. So I just wanted to drop back and say good luck this season you guys and maybe we'll see these teams battle to the end again this season.

Take care~

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thought post. I agree that there is nothing definitive about the theory of the Pats have to cheat to win, most probably just a coincidence. RE the personnel choices of the Pats: I think in the future they'll take a few less risks. RE Manuel: He's a winner. IMO he was the best offensive player at the Senior Bowl last year. I agree that the future is bright for the Bills. It will be an interesting season. My team's offense is a work in progress but the Fin's defense is one of the best in the league